MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester: bugs, bugs, suggestions for improvement - page 76

When you switch to a different trade server, the parameters of the EA in the Tester change.

2474. Got a long terminal hang (had to nail terminal64.exe after a few minutes of waiting), when after a single pass I clicked on Open pass chart.

I traded on one (main) custom symbol in pips mode.

After restarting, the trade chart of the same (re-run) pass opened without any problems.

If writing in a forum, it's most likely about bugs. And this time about another one, of course.

The tester is giving out zero prices. Since there is no feedback, I don't know if it's worth the time and effort to provide a technical reproduction of the bug.

What is the reason why almost no one reports bugs in the same Tester? You don't use it? - Then how?

And if you do use it, why don't you care so much about what you do? How can you spend so much effort on writing the Expert Advisors and then stare into the Strategy Tester's figures?

Or do you only use the Tester for pretty pictures to the buyers of Market Products? How sick of being a pioneer...

fxsaber:

The tester gives out zero prices. Since there is no feedback, I don't know if it's worth the time and effort to provide a technical reproduction of the bug.

Without a reproducible code, surely no one will even question anything

fxsaber:

And if you do, why are you so indifferent to your work! How can you spend so much effort on writing EAs and then stare madly at the Tester's numbers?

use - not use ---> reading material - testing ideas

the tester is clearly needed, i couldn't find an alternative to the MT5 tester

Igor Makanu:

without reproducible code, no one will even question anything

And you're telling this to a person who spent a ton of time on 100% replaying and publishing the bugs he found?!

Igor Makanu:

I use - I don't use ---> proofreading material - testing ideas

the tester is clearly needed, i couldn't find an alternative to the mt5 tester

Have you noticed anything strange? Where does such indifference to the validation of your ideas come from?

fxsaber:

Have you noticed anything strange? What makes you so indifferent about testing your ideas?

Why the sudden indifference? I haven't used a tester for exactly two months, I'm collecting material, reading

fxsaber:

And you're telling this to a man who spent a lot of time on 100% reproduction of the bugs found?

what's wrong? there's reproducible code, there may be a reaction from MQ, the main problem is that promises of fixes are impossible to trace in time - sometimes immediately, sometimes long

ok, for some reason it's "boring", alas, that's how it is, it pisses me off when elementary activities for a trading system can take days to check in the tester

It's just that everyone has their own rake. I, for one, haven't stepped on them lately, apart from a recent problem with templates. I won't say a word about the inconvenience of the interface and editor.

And in general, the lack of timely response is surprising. And there seems to be a lack of testers at MQ. And there are few programmers.

fxsaber:

Why is it that hardly anyone reports bugs in the Tester? You don't use it? - Then how?

I don't know how long this behaviour continues in the tester, as I've been testing in USD so far. So, when trying to test on EURUSD (only on us such a bug) in RUR agents can't synchronize and fall off.

Also sometimes there are discrepancies in the results of testing and single run, but this has been written about for a long time...

Otherwise I'm happy with everything, in the last build they even fixed stopping of some (exactly half of it for me) agents after the first (zero) iteration.

Although I've reported quite a few, I personally don't report half of the bugs because I see little point in doing so. For example, there is a rather complicated chain for a multicurrency. And to repeat it in minimum set will take 3 hours to understand the bug in detail, describe it all and repeat it yourself just in case. Putting in crutches would be faster. Okay, that would still make sense. But the attitude is... Let's just say, not too responsible, about some critical bugs written in several threads, marked responsible people, so that accidentally it was not missed, and even wrote to them in person. No response, not a word, let alone fixing, not even a reply. And the point of wasting those 3 hours... I don't mind wasting my own time sorting out bugs and beta testing a product for free, but I can't imagine how much more persistence I have to show to get the results to anyone who can fix it.

traveller00:
Although I've reported quite a few bugs, I personally don't report half of them, because I don't see much sense in doing so. For example, there is a rather complicated chain for a multicurrency. And to repeat this in a minimum set will take 3 hours to understand the bug in detail, describe it all and repeat it yourself just in case. Putting in crutches would be faster. Okay, that would still make sense. But the attitude is... Let's just say, not too responsible, about some critical bugs written in several threads, marked responsible people, so that accidentally it was not missed, and even wrote to them in person. No response, not a word, not to mention fixing, not even a reply. And the point of wasting those 3 hours... I don't mind wasting my own time sorting out bugs and beta testing a product for free, but I can't imagine how much more persistence I have to show to get the results to anyone who can fix it.

Exactly.

Marvelled at the persistence of fxsaber. Admired the meticulousness of Sergey Dzyublik ( this post alone is worth a lot!).

Was disappointed by banal (and often senseless) attempts of moderators to "get information" (system configuration and terminal logs when you need it and when you don't).

And got used to the response (lack thereof) from MQ a long time ago.

That's how we live.

Ошибки, баги, вопросы
Ошибки, баги, вопросы
  • www.mql5.com
Общее обсуждение: Ошибки, баги, вопросы
Reason: