MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester: bugs, bugs, suggestions for improvement - page 78

Hi guys.

Please advise how to receive MFE, MAE and position holding time parameters in EA program on MT5. To be used for optimization in OnTester.

Get an array or at least the average/median value.

vrubzov1957:

Hi guys.

Please advise how to receive MFE, MAE and position holding time parameters in EA program on MT5. To be used for optimization in OnTester.

Get an array or at least the average/median value.

Look at the article Mathematics in Trading. Evaluate trade results- how these parameters are calculated.

Математика в трейдинге. Оценка результатов торговых сделок
Математика в трейдинге. Оценка результатов торговых сделок
  • www.mql5.com
Знание математики в минимальном объеме желательно для любого трейдера, и это утверждение даже не требует доказательств. Вопрос только в том, как определить этот минимальный объем. В процессе развития торгового опыта трейдер зачастую самостоятельно расширяет свой кругозор, читая сообщения на форумах или черпая информацию из книг. Одни книги...

Vladimir Karputov:

Check out this article on Mathematics in Trading. Evaluating trading results- how these parameters are calculated.

Thank you very much, it's a good article.

However, it doesn't say how to get the results for MFE, MAE and position holding time, from within EA.

I mean, is it possible to get MFE, MAE and position holding time with a function like TesterStatistics with ENUM_STATISTICS input.

If there's no built-in, then maybe there are some combinations of functions, or maybe there is a library that can be connected to EA and use advanced statistics analysis?

I've heard it's possible to add TesterStatiscics. Does anyone know how to add it there so that this MAE can be used?

vrubzov1957:
I've heard it's possible to add TesterStatiscics. Who knows how to add it there, so that this MAE could be used?

No, TesterStatiscics cannot be changed.

You have to read the MFE/MAE itself and then return it from OnTester.

Roger that. Can you tell me where to find the mathematics to calculate this? Or maybe someone has already implemented MAE calculation in some indicator or Expert Advisor?

vrubzov1957:
I see what you mean. Maybe you can tell me where to find mathematical ideas for calculating it? Or maybe someone has already implemented MAE calculation in some indicator or Expert Advisor?

We'll have to look for it. I think there was one somewhere.

@Rashid Umarov seems to have written an article.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

No, TesterStatiscics cannot be changed.

Overloading.

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

We'll have to look for it. I think there was one somewhere.

@Rashid Umarov seems to have written an article.

A script to calculate MAE and MFE

It would be easier to build into an EA, I think. There were no structures in MQL4 at that time, that's why the code is so fancy. It's easier now

Скрипт для расчета MAE и MFE
Скрипт для расчета MAE и MFE
  • www.mql5.com
Скрипт предназначен для расчета характеристик MAE, MFE и всех просадок (от Equity) на истории. Не принимаются во внимание свопы, расчеты просадок менее оптимистичны (немного больше того, что было в...
Reason: