Market Product rating calculation now includes description quality - page 7

Sugianto #:

Hi Anna,

You are a friendly and kind person and honestly you are one of my favorite moderators. I really want to follow your suggestion to add product description with multi language, because it will increase the reach of my product and of course will increase the chances of my product to be sold which will automatically increase the rating.

But after reading the "rule" of the product description, there seems to be a difference between "downgraded rating" due to bad description and "increasing rating".

In my case, my product has tried to comply with the following "rules":

I followed the advice of #Jan Flodin and and I waited 24 hours since my last post (see timeline) to write this comment, Because I want to give the rating system a chance to work, and the results are as follows:

Rating before :

Rating after 1 x24 hours

it's true as #Jan Flodin said after 1 x 24 hours there is indeed a change in the rating for the worse, but the downgrade rating still hasn't changed

I have followed the instructions, recommendations and rules that have been set by Mql5. What did I miss that caused my product rating to be downgraded?

I even changed the "+" to a bullet as per your suggestion, using a clear style and checking HTML as suggested by Rashid Umanov.
I don't use emojis, excessive styles, icons, warning blocks, or links leading to third-party resources

Thank you for your nice comments and I honestly say that adding description in all languages will improve your rating.

Description isn't everything though, so even if you tweak all aspects according to MQL5.com rules, you can end up with minor rating increases only.

Price, sales and reviews are other major things that affect rating considerably.

I have had my descriptions change within seconds after charging money and then my 5 stars taken away and a major downgrade form 1000 to 8000.  I added every language, have reviews and downloads and text right but nothing works.  I think it's based mostly on if it's paid, keep it that way to save the stars and keep the rating, otherwise a review when it's free, the stars will be taken away and downgraded once it's changed to paid. 

Thomas Bradley Butler #:
I have had my descriptions change within seconds after charging money and then my 5 stars taken away and a major downgrade form 1000 to 8000.  I added every language, have reviews and downloads and text right but nothing works.  I think it's based mostly on if it's paid, keep it that way to save the stars and keep the rating, otherwise a review when it's free, the stars will be taken away and downgraded once it's changed to paid. 

Would you expect a paid product to keep the ratings and reviews of the free product?

Does that make sense?

Users were reviewing your product having in mind that is free, when you add a price the point of view and value for money is different.

I've given 5 star reviews to some useful free utilities or products, but if the author would make me pay $50 or $100 for them, I would have a different view on them.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Would you expect a paid product to keep the ratings and reviews of the free product?

Does that make sense?

Users were reviewing your product having in mind that is free, when you add a price the point of view and value for money is different.

I've given 5 star reviews to some useful free utilities or products, but if the author would make me pay $50 or $100 for them, I would have a different view on them.

Maybe, maybe not. Good is good. I do see the top people just staying at the top even when you search NEW, the old ones are still at the top. 

What you are saying doesn't make sense either.

If I start out free and get 1 star review but then charge for it, that one star will go away and it's good now.

Thomas Bradley Butler #:

Maybe, maybe not. Good is good. I do see the top people just staying at the top even when you search NEW, the old ones are still at the top. 

What you are saying doesn't make sense either.

If I start out free and get 1 star review but then charge for it, that one star will go away and it's good now.

There are always too sides in everything...

Eleni Anna Branou #:

There are always too sides in everything.

Naturally.

Hi, I would like kindly to know what I can do to improve the positioning of my Experts, I did everything indicated by the rules. 
I also wanted to know why my two Experts, that have practically the same description (only changes the part about the logic of entry) are located at two very distant positions.

If there’s anything I can do to improve, I’m happy to do it. 

Many thanks to those who can help me

<Deleted>

Luca De Andrea #: I also wanted to know why my two Experts, that have practically the same description (only changes the part about the logic of entry) are located at two very distant positions.

Because one of them has been available for longer, and there have been more views and demo downloads than the other. It's not always under your control. The user interaction is also a factor.

Luca De Andrea #:
Hi, I would like kindly to know what I can do to improve the positioning of my Experts, I did everything indicated by the rules. 
I also wanted to know why my two Experts, that have practically the same description (only changes the part about the logic of entry) are located at two very distant positions.

If there’s anything I can do to improve, I’m happy to do it. 

Many thanks to those who can help me

You've done everything you could indeed, now the only thing that remains is sales, comments and reviews, don't forget that your products are very new.

Fernando added the extra factor, users interaction with them.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

You've done everything you could indeed, now the only thing that remains is sales, comments and reviews, don't forget that your products are very new.

Fernando added the extra factor, users interaction with them.
Fernando Carreiro #:

Because one of them has been available for longer, and there have been more views and demo downloads than the other. It's not always under your control. The user interaction is also a factor.

OK. Thank you very much for your quick response. 

I wish you a good day!

Reason: