Market Product rating calculation now includes description quality - page 18

Philip Kym Sang Nelson #:

I have figured it out, the  most important metric that will move you up the rankings is is sales only.

The description rules are not too important.

I see clear description flags on products on the 1st page.

Also I noticed products released approximately around the same time as mine, were on pages 1-5 with single digit demo downloads. 

I think seller reputation is definitely in the algorithm.

However most products released at the same time as mine remain low ranked around #10900 on the last pages.

I have 4 paid products ranked around #10,950 level  and 1 demo ranked #1070 (highest #950).

I have never had a warning about my descriptions. I have translated to all languages for all paid and free products.

The paid products have had the same ranking since inception.

Views do not improve ranking, I ran an experiment ; I used google Ads on 1 product, that did not change rating.

I reduced the price by 75% on 1 product for 36 hours - no change in ranking. I will leave it at that price for a couple more days.

The product with the most Demo downloads, does not have a better ranking.

My Free product did move up the ratings and was highlighted in green for  'good description and translation into other languages' . It was on page 10 on MT5 experts.

Interesting .

What was the ad ? Text , search or banner ? 

What was it's CTR ? Did it go straight to the product or to your video ? 

Was it clear that by clicking they would have to buy ? You want to filter out those early .

Try sending traffic to the freebie from google ads .

You can also try linked in ads ,the have a trial period if i recall. 

Lorentzos Roussos #:

Interesting .

What was the ad ? Text , search or banner ? 

What was it's CTR ? Did it go straight to the product or to your video ? 

Was it clear that by clicking they would have to buy ? You want to filter out those early .

Try sending traffic to the freebie from google ads .

You can also try linked in ads ,the have a trial period if i recall. 

Text and image:

CTR 1.5%

28.3k impressions

No, my ad says Free Demo download, which is true because there is a free demo .

430 views straight to product page.

This was just an experiment, I think the best customers are the ones that already members of MQL5.com

Most people don't know what Metatrader is and certainly don't know about strategy tester and optimizations.

Philip Kym Sang Nelson #:

Text and image:

CTR 1.5%

28.3k impressions

No, my ad says Free Demo download, which is true because there is a free demo .

430 views straight to product page.

This was just an experiment, I think the best customers are the ones that already members of MQL5.com

Most people don't know what Metatrader is and certainly don't know about strategy tester and optimizations.

Yeah there's a lot of steps they must take .

You could try sending them to a video or an out of the tester demo .

Also that's where social media comes handy .

If you were to send them to a telegram group they would be able to interact with users of the product , or in a page (fb / insta) .That would eliminate their unfamiliarity worries.In the social media era the client wants to see other people before they can trust something new.(unless your product overview had a lot of reviews and comments)

But if you were to send them to a mql5 chat they would have to register again (i.e. bounce out wasted ad)

Hey guys,

I've been wondering if an EA's rating is related to its code. For example, two EAs that have passed the verification and can be made available for sale, but one of them has certain requirements that are more or better than the other source code and therefore has a better rating.
What do you think about this?

Damiem Marchand De Campos #:

Hey guys,

I've been wondering if an EA's rating is related to its code. For example, two EAs that have passed the verification and can be made available for sale, but one of them has certain requirements that are more or better than the other source code and therefore has a better rating.
What do you think about this?

No they can't see code . It's mostly about momentum and price . 

Reason: