Experts: Milestone - page 9

Devke:

Hi Trevone,

No sorry. I did not donate. I hope that i can donate by knowledge first :-)

Ok I read what you told about 1 that messes the 9 profit trades. That there are loosing positions is ok, if the overall situation is positive. In the short graphs youre very sensitive about trends. Trends there are often very short i suppose. That is why i suggested to take a longer timeframe. Maybe are the results better there.

Why are you going bust? Is that because marging problems? If i look now at my account i see 4 positions open, 1 positive and 3 negative. Total amount negative 390 euro. So if i had 100 euro's at the account i was allready stopped and did i lost my money. Thats why i asked if milestone changes the lotsize if the underlaying money in the account is low. For example:

I bring 100 euro real money in the account. I startup milestone. Milestone decides to buy. But with 100 euro's he cannot buy 0,41 lotsize. The marge is allready 102,50 euro. So the lotsize must be lower than? I am correct? Is milestone performing this?

Another suggestion is "Take profit when the profit is for example 5% or 10%". Milestone sees if an position is open. This morning a saw an position open at my account that was positive. 80 euro's was the profit. I did nothing because i wanted to see what milestone did. My profit is now shrunk to 19 euro. I have an rule to myself, when i make 10% profit i leave. Yes it can be better but also worser. I heard someone ever told me that he knew a person who went rich. He asked the person why he got so rich. The men told him "Because i allways sold to early!". Think about that :-)

I hope you have a lot of input know and it will help you to bring milestone to a higher level!

Great job!

Greetings

Devke

Hi Devke, again milestone does those suggestions, those settings are actually percentages of something or other. milestone will calculate the lot size according to your account size so with 100 euro should be fine, i trade with 100usd sometimes.

Hi Trevone,

Thanx for youre answer.

Greetings

Devke

Hi, thank you trevone for your great work, I have questions about OpenProfit for loosing positions. It doesn't close positions when loss is greater than this value, so when and how does it work?

grafikk:

Hi, thank you trevone for your great work, I have questions about OpenProfit for loosing positions. It doesn't close positions when loss is greater than this value, so when and how does it work?

the system begins with one trade. if it makes a profit from that then great, rinse and repeat. now when it makes a loss, after the tradespace * ATR movement in price of a loss it open another trade against the trend. martingale like. so the basket profit is nearer to the current price, but then when the market comes back a little, once the overall basket profit is greater than OpenProfit * AccountBalance then it closes the whole basket back to the start of the system on the next signal.

Hi Trevone,

I see you updated to version 20.5 wow! You have worked hard.

Are there backtest results?

I going to try the version soon. First i have to find out how to install it again. Same way i suppose? Is see also an milestonecalander. Do i have to couple it also to the 5 minute graph?

Did you implemented it like i send you yesterday (graph with arrows)?

I dont know how to use the milestone setfiles link. I see only milestone4.x and milestone 6 when i click on that button. I think i dont get it how it works, my shortage :-)

If i want it to use to an other pair do i have to make other settings and how?

Thanx again!!

Greetings

Devke

Hi Trevone,

Maybe an irrelevant question... but... if you don't mind me asking

Do you make your living from the EA's that you publish? If so - on average - what is your "salary" per month?

Cheers,

M

MauricioSmit:

Hi Trevone,

Maybe an irrelevant question... but... if you don't mind me asking

Do you make your living from the EA's that you publish? If so - on average - what is your "salary" per month?

Cheers,

M

nope, my living comes from my day job, I am a programmer for multiple banks in South Affrica and they pay me very well, I actually have no reason to trade and should not be trading. 5K per month.

Guys I am very sad today, Madiba is gone. Rest his soul and God bless that man!

Hi Trevone,

I just saw the news here. I wish you and youre country much strenght in carrying the loss of a great leader!!

Devke

Sincere condolences, milestone is not important today.

Hi Trevone,

First of all my sympathy for the loss of a great man, a true example for mankind.

Just starting to get interested in EA's so i cannot contribute much yet.

But your work looks very inspiring so i made a little donation for your server costs.

Hoping to learn a lot this year . ..

Greetz and respect from Holland !

Peter

Reason: