Experts: Milestone - page 7

Hello Again.

I would also like to suggest that you use a different MAGIC number for BackSystem Orders instead of using the Order Comment in order to differentiated between your two order systems.

Not all Brokers respect the integrity of the Comments and even the Strategy Tested demonstrates some failures with respect to the Order Comment integrity.

Best regards!

FMIC:

Hello Again.

I would also like to suggest that you use a different MAGIC number for BackSystem Orders instead of using the Order Comment in order to differentiated between your two order systems.

Not all Brokers respect the integrity of the Comments and even the Strategy Tested demonstrates some failures with respect to the Order Comment integrity.

Best regards!

I agree with you and have not thought to change it yet. I shall do so in my next release. thanks

FMIC:

Hello.

I've just started following this thread and have only looked at the code for version 18.2. After a quick glance, there seems to be however, a bug in the "sendBack()" and the "senNews()" functions.

The functions have Sell Order using the parameters "OP_BUY" and "Ask" Price, instead of the "OP_SELL" and "Bid" price, causing an opposite order to be placed instead.

Best Regards!

cringe..... yeah I will post the fix soon. you have no idea how pissed I am bout it. This changes the whole scope of the project right back to version 17 or so

CaptainChris77:

Hi Trevone,

great effort once again! I can't but commend the dedication and skill!

I noticed that you do use hedged positions now. Can I suggest to treat trades of different directions as different, independent baskets? The benefits I believe would be:

- Hedges can make profit independently of losses to the other direction.

- the risk of going bust if the trend reverses to original after hedges have been opened is greatly reduced

- one could close singular, losing trades from the original trend by weighing against profits made with the hedge, without committing to closing all original trades as loss.

Kind Regards,

Chris

its you Chris? yeah I understand what you saying now. fantastic, I can see the benefits and will definitely adjust the system.

I would also suggest improving your risk management.

As is, your code can easily place you in a situation where you could be Stopped Out and wipe your account clean.

You should really monitor the risk more carefully and apply Stop Losses either actively or passively. As the code stands, even with the setting “EnableStop” enabled, you can still easily be Stopped Out and wiped out.

There are also quite a few bugs in the code that are contributing to the deficient risk management!

Consider using "MathMin( AccountBalance(), AccountEquity() )" instead of just the Account Balance in your Calculations of Risk Managment!!!!

FMIC:

I would also suggest improving your risk management.

As is, your code can easily place you in a situation where you could be Stopped Out and wipe your account clean.

You should really monitor the risk more carefully and apply Stop Losses either actively or passively. As the code stands, even with the setting “EnableStop” enabled, you can still easily be Stopped Out and wiped out.

There are also quite a few bugs in the code that are contributing to the deficient risk management!

Consider using "MathMin( AccountBalance(), AccountEquity() )" instead of just the Account Balance!!!!

Ok thanks, shoot me a pvt message, i know of the one bug, but you dont have to rub it in. lol

I am not trying to rubbing it in, I'm just trying to help you out and improve your code because it looks promising!

I am a Software Developer by trade and it is in my nature to debug and clean up code and I spot bugs quite easily and quickly. I was not trying to be demeaning!

FMIC:

I am not trying to rubbing it in, I'm just trying to help you out and improve your code because it looks promising!

I am a Software Developer by trade and it is in my nature to debug and clean up code and I spot bugs quite easily and quickly. I was not trying to be demeaning!

ofcourse man, i research. dont mean anything by it. I would appreciate if you can show me some examples of where improve milestone thats what were here for.

trevone:

its you Chris? yeah I understand what you saying now. fantastic, I can see the benefits and will definitely adjust the system.

it is me yeah. I had tried something like that on your 4.3 version already but could never achieve not going bust eventually. My idea was not to allow hedges in the backup system as you do but instead, if we are deep on the loosing side with a basket, open a new line of baskets that would behave independently of the first and could be either direction in time. Now as that second line of baskets makes profit compare that to the largest loss trade from the first basket and when larger, offset a single loss. over time, either the price came back around and thus the first basket disappeared on its own with a profit, or all loss trades would eventually have been picked off. that worked quite well and by adjusting a few settings I could prolong running time further and further but never fully. the problem was always that the second line of baskets is just as prone to develop a problem as the first basket is.

I have done a similar modification to your 18.2 version now and if you are interested I'll send it over. the problem though stays the same - bust at some stage.

trevone:

ofcourse man, i research. dont mean anything by it. I would appreciate if you can show me some examples of where improve milestone thats what were here for.

For one, consider setting a Total Risk Expose for a StopLoss based on Account Balance, Equity and Free Margin.

Currently, you are using "MarginUsage" to calculate a position lot size (but not for stops) for individual orders and "RelativeStop" calculated from "totalHistoryProfit" (which gives distorted values) for stops. The resulting values not congruent with your Account Balance, Equity and Free Margin, and this can cause possible Stop-Outs and wiping your account.

Using a Total Risk Percentage Limit based on Account Balance, Equity and Free Margin prevents that. In my own code I always use the Minimum Value of these three (Balance, Equity and Free Margin) for my calculations in order to prevent being stop-outed or having high risk exposure.

For example, you could have individual orders (with a stop loss) to have no more than x% Risk (=Lots*StopLoss) and set a maximum number of Orders, or alternatively, only set the position size based on a Risk % (as you have), but set a Total Close-all Limit when the sum of all profit/loss reaches y% Risk of the current minimum of Account Balance, Equity, and Free-Margin.

I hope you can understand this, as it is sometimes difficult to put concepts into words.

Reason: