Experts: Milestone - page 5

trevone:
Meta1:

Hello Trevone,

why do you deleted "Milestone-17.3"? Was the version wrong?

regards

there was a bug, I will release 5 or 6 versions tonite. Happy Xmas.

Devke:

Hello Trevone,

I have downloaded milestone 5.1 and i am using it in demo-mode. Until so far 4 trades done by milestone 5.1 and all with a positive result! Great work! Thanx for sharing!

While using milestone 5.1 i try to understand how it works. I see that you are working on milestone 6. I am waiting for the release :-)

Some questions i have about milestone 5.1:

* Are you also using the parameters RSI and MACD when you decide to open a position (long or short)? RSI indicates if there is a overbougt or oversold situation. I saw milestone 5.1 open a buy position with a RSI of above 70. The change of going down is bigger than down i suppose. Is it an idea to let milestone checking the RSI and open that buy order a little later so the profit will be bigger?

* Are you using milestone also in realtime? (no demo-account)?

* How handles milestone 5.1 with a fast uptick or downtick in the EUR/USD? For example EUR falls with a couple cents (bad economic data)? Is he opening a lot of orders or is there a limit in milestone 5.1 for the maximum positions that can be standing open?

Complements for the great work and i hope you have some time to give me the answers!

Devlin

Thanks Devlin, lucky you get new releases tonite. I do so much on this ea that I forget whats in each version and don't have the time to answer everything. I use very very basic signals from indicators for milestone and aim for the general profit, i know that buying overpriced very risky but its also how you make the most profit. generally don't use rsi macd, never did. the simpler your signal the more true your backtest is. the later versions 10+ have changed their signals to of type overbought/oversold rather than overpriced/underprice as suggested by many traders. I am always trading the latest version of milestone live, i enjoy implementing my work its satisfactory, i have not had a loosing month since version 4.3. sometimes i go bust, more than i like, sometimes I make 1000% a week.

Hi Trevone,

Milestone version 5.1 is still happily moving along making small and steady profits on my demo account. I really feel that I've tested enough and would like to give "live" a shot.

So if you wouldn't mind sharing...(to a beginner in the trade)

Recommended broker - perhaps the one you use?

Recommended starting budget using Milestone?

Recommended payment medium - putting funds in and getting funds out?

Would really appreciate your feedback! Thanks once again for sharing these fantastic free tools, and eagerly awaiting your Milestone 6! :-)

Regards,
Mauricio

MauricioSmit:

Hi Trevone,

Milestone version 5.1 is still happily moving along making small and steady profits on my demo account. I really feel that I've tested enough and would like to give "live" a shot.

So if you wouldn't mind sharing...(to a beginner in the trade)

Recommended broker - perhaps the one you use?

Recommended starting budget using Milestone?

Recommended payment medium - putting funds in and getting funds out?

Would really appreciate your feedback! Thanks once again for sharing these fantastic free tools, and eagerly awaiting your Milestone 6! :-)

Regards,
Mauricio

A UK broker.

Min USD100 for 5 digit broker and leverage 400

returns - generally i take profits every Friday before close business day and leave a little extra growth from what I had previous. Try to take your deposit out in the first week ( sometimes your are lucky enough ) or as soon as possible so you are trading only with your profits. Use more charts for faster growth although I would not recommend more than 3 different charts per account. Good luck.

trevone:
Devke:

Hello Trevone,

I have downloaded milestone 5.1 and i am using it in demo-mode. Until so far 4 trades done by milestone 5.1 and all with a positive result! Great work! Thanx for sharing!

While using milestone 5.1 i try to understand how it works. I see that you are working on milestone 6. I am waiting for the release :-)

Some questions i have about milestone 5.1:

* Are you also using the parameters RSI and MACD when you decide to open a position (long or short)? RSI indicates if there is a overbougt or oversold situation. I saw milestone 5.1 open a buy position with a RSI of above 70. The change of going down is bigger than down i suppose. Is it an idea to let milestone checking the RSI and open that buy order a little later so the profit will be bigger?

* Are you using milestone also in realtime? (no demo-account)?

* How handles milestone 5.1 with a fast uptick or downtick in the EUR/USD? For example EUR falls with a couple cents (bad economic data)? Is he opening a lot of orders or is there a limit in milestone 5.1 for the maximum positions that can be standing open?

Complements for the great work and i hope you have some time to give me the answers!

Devlin

Thanks Devlin, lucky you get new releases tonite. I do so much on this ea that I forget whats in each version and don't have the time to answer everything. I use very very basic signals from indicators for milestone and aim for the general profit, i know that buying overpriced very risky but its also how you make the most profit. generally don't use rsi macd, never did. the simpler your signal the more true your backtest is. the later versions 10+ have changed their signals to of type overbought/oversold rather than overpriced/underprice as suggested by many traders. I am always trading the latest version of milestone live, i enjoy implementing my work its satisfactory, i have not had a loosing month since version 4.3. sometimes i go bust, more than i like, sometimes I make 1000% a week.

Hey Trevone,

Thanks for answering! Great that the new version will be released. I am sure gone test it. I hope you will tell us how to use it. On what valutapairs, can it run on multiple pairs etc. I just read that you take profit every friday. Are you manually closing the positions? Are you also closing the positions who are still negative?

I am just running in demo mode. I am using metatrader at this moment. There i can open an account for the real trade situation (real money). I suppose it makes for milestone no difference in trading?

Thanx!!!!

HELLO, why not no parameter optimization appears to me? I downloaded 5.1 and 5.2 millestone Thanks

Walterwite:
HELLO, why not no parameter optimization appears to me? I downloaded 5.1 and 5.2 millestone Thanks

Add 'extern' to any variable you need in source code to get them for optimization. But it's REALLY VERY SLOW to optimize...

Hey Trevone,

Thanks for answering! Great that the new version will be released. I am sure gone test it. I hope you will tell us how to use it. On what valutapairs, can it run on multiple pairs etc. I just read that you take profit every friday. Are you manually closing the positions? Are you also closing the positions who are still negative?

I am just running in demo mode. I am using metatrader at this moment. There i can open an account for the real trade situation (real money). I suppose it makes for milestone no difference in trading? Or do you have a better broker where milestone 5.1 and the new 6 will run? What are you using youre self?

Thanx a lot again!!

Why mql4 administrators no publishing updates? I posted them days ago.

Hi Trevone,

Maybe a good suggestion for version 6 of Milestone. MetaTrader today had frequently (almost every minute) a ping fail. Then logs into my account again. My internetconnection is good. Tested it. I stopped Milestone and started it again. Milestone send direct an order and closed the position. It looks like that by a ping failure, milestone not is working good. It will not send an order to the broker after a ping fail. Maybe is it good if the connection was temperary lost, milestone checks of there was an order to send and will recent it again. Hope you can help me out.

Reason: