Experts: Milestone - page 2

AlbertoFX:
trevone:
Hey guys added some test results on the new developments looks quite promising for Milestone 6. When the EA keeps crashing, when it eats up the biggest amount of money you imagined, its because you are using it with the wrong settings for that pair. I haven't come across a pair that this EA can not trade. There are rough times that the EA can't trade however I am working on that just try to be adaptive.

Dear Trevone, thanks for your EA.

Can you please, explain me with is the logic behind this? I see sells/buys simultáneously. Is grid/martigale like?

Thanks in advance

Hi Alberto,

I can't tell the difference between a grid system or a martingale system however given that a martingale system is one that will increase risk whilst in drawdown then strictly speaking, this is a martingale system. Having said that, I don't like martingale systems and have tried to avoid that scenario with this EA. Milestone will only open 1 trade and do its best with that trade until such time it struggles it will then switch over to its backup system ( martingale like ) which will place additional trades in the same direction as the current open trade ( never has buys and sells at the same time ) until such time it has reached an adequate equity that it cut losses or take profits. Milestone trades in various ways depending on the settings, there are 4 different take profit types, 3 different stops type ( of which sometimes dont trigger because the loss might be too big and therefore might go bust. The key to Milestones success is the ability to take a % profit of the current drawdown or to take a % profit of the historic losses thereby improving its growth on each basket close. I would need to do a huge write up on the system to explain it in full particularly when it comes to the TradeSpace for each pair. It will only open new positions within a given ATR range of current positions and hence depends on this setting quite heavily for each pair. Then there the MarginUsuage blah blah etc....

I liked the version 5.1 and 5.2 on eur usd chart .

This look me pretty good .

Pls suggest me if i can use on live account also for eur usd 5 min.

08021976:

I liked the version 5.1 and 5.2 on eur usd chart .

This look me pretty good .

Pls suggest me if i can use on live account also for eur usd 5 min.

for EURUSD 5min yes. General rule of thumb, if the gains out weigh the risk then you will most likely succeed however I discovered something very interesting with EA trading this week: you have a much better chance of winning if your EA has a propensity to grow it's lot usage. For example, I take settings that will increment the lotsize within 100 trades and settings that will increment your lotsize in 1000 trades with similar max drawdowns and put them on a 1 year test. What would you expect? Well this happens, the one that grows every 100 trades carries on growing exponentially ( staying alive ) for a much longer period ( even if I start them at various different times in the year ) than the one that grows every 1000 trades which is more linear growth. The one with growth per 1000 trades does fine ( and you think you not risking much ) but eventually goes into drawdown ( well so does the one with growth per 100 trades ) however by the time you realize your drawdown too much for your liking and you want to stop the trades the one that grows every 100 trades will actually offer you profits even in drawdown where the one that has growth per 1000 trades will simply be in drawdown offering nothing but requiring time to recover. So you are more likely going to loose money if your EA does not grow in lot size regularly. This will become my first rule of EA trading.

5.1 and 5.2 are great, however over 1 year and 2000 trades later there is no lot growth. So then whats the risk to reward in that?

for the above 5.1 on EURUSD its 100% risk to 300% reward per year ( time is very important )

for the above GBPUSD it is 100% risk to 2000% reward per year ( that was a backtest over 3months so multiply it - excluding the exponent ofcourse )

if it were my money and I was risking the same amount in both scenarios i would want the one the yeilds the most rewards per time. There is always an element of... this EA is wasting my time, and if I had both settings and if I was all the more wiser from my backtests then I would say 5.1 and 5.2 are a waste of time in comparison to one the yeilds 2000% or more.

If you care to hear about my studies on what makes an EA profitable I will share, and its not what you think - just a heads up, its not the awesome trading style that rewards high probability trades, oh no, life is a lot more complicated than that.

If you can understand the yield of an EA then in the long run you will do well and probably wont mind the drawdowns, unfortunately only the developer understands the EA well and for this reason I only trade with my EAs.

To conclude, currently 5.1 and 5.2 are the only stable versions Milestone for the meantime, untill further notice i will suggest using only those.

tidak ada pengaturan stop_lose dan take_profit yang bisa saya gunakan ?

apakah anda bisa menambahkannya ?

Hey Guyz, this EA is great and could be the next generation forex trading money making machine,i would like us ALL in this forum to encourage Mr. Trevone and put efforts together with him to further improve on the EA and it has a great profit potential but the drawdown needs improvement and here's my take on the working nature of the EA which i feel Mr. Trevone should work on; what i observed about Milestone 4.3 is the frequency of opening trades ( always open multiple trade in the opposite direction of the trend) and i think that's what makes it to loose. I would may be suggest you add a settings that could allow it open trade in the opposite direction when the current position is loosing(Hedging),and also the EA always buy in the overbought region instead of selling,it sells in the oversold regions instead of buying.Seriously and sincerely i loved milestone4.3 .

spanzy45:
Hey Guyz, this EA is great and could be the next generation forex trading money making machine,i would like us ALL in this forum to encourage Mr. Trevone and put efforts together with him to further improve on the EA and it has a great profit potential but the drawdown needs improvement and here's my take on the working nature of the EA which i feel Mr. Trevone should work on; what i observed about Milestone 4.3 is the frequency of opening trades ( always open multiple trade in the opposite direction of the trend) and i think that's what makes it to loose. I would may be suggest you add a settings that could allow it open trade in the opposite direction when the current position is loosing(Hedging),and also the EA always buy in the overbought region instead of selling,it sells in the oversold regions instead of buying.Seriously and sincerely i loved milestone4.3 .
The whole idea behind this ea is to avoid hedging. There will be no hedging in my eas ever. if you can prove to me that the broker for real has hedged the position then I will adapt the system to hedge. what happens is that the eas thinks its got 2 positions and the broker thinks you got 0. ofcourse its not that simple it only becomes a problem when you have multiple trades and then "off quotes" and you cant close your position because your have no margin? no hedging ever. besides if you hedge there is no power to make profit and I want profit in less time and not time in less profit. I have made huge additions already that limit the drawdowns to less that 10%. time, time, time

Hello Trevor,

please tell me what is the miracle of "extern double DrawDownProfit = 0.4;"

Thanks in advance.

Meta1:

Hello Trevor,

please tell me what is the miracle of "extern double DrawDownProfit = 0.4;"

Thanks in advance.

It tries to make that percentage of the current maximum drawdown

void closeAll( string type = "none" ){

for( int i = 0; i < OrdersTotal(); i++ )

this closing of the trade does not work if U have more than 1 open trade. better use

for( cnt=OrdersTotal()-1;cnt>=0;cnt-- )

read this http://forum.mql4.com/29838 . or maybe U have another plan inside the AOS, and I can not see that.

in the other way is it interesing strategy, thanks for sharing. Im programmer and your code is really excelent for reading... :-)

if U can, we may discuss directly via skype, writte to me to junior@myweb.cz

calligula:
void closeAll( string type = "none" ){

for( int i = 0; i < OrdersTotal(); i++ )

this closing of the trade does not work if U have more than 1 open trade. better use

for( cnt=OrdersTotal()-1;cnt>=0;cnt-- )

read this http://forum.mql4.com/29838 . or maybe U have another plan inside the AOS, and I can not see that.

in the other way is it interesing strategy, thanks for sharing. Im programmer and your code is really excelent for reading... :-)

if U can, we may discuss directly via skype, writte to me to junior@myweb.cz

Thanks very much, I will look into your solution you can pvt msg me here and through that I can share details. Regards
Reason: