Experts: Milestone - page 6

Devke:

Hi Trevone,

Maybe a good suggestion for version 6 of Milestone. MetaTrader today had frequently (almost every minute) a ping fail. Then logs into my account again. My internetconnection is good. Tested it. I stopped Milestone and started it again. Milestone send direct an order and closed the position. It looks like that by a ping failure, milestone not is working good. It will not send an order to the broker after a ping fail. Maybe is it good if the connection was temperary lost, milestone checks of there was an order to send and will recent it again. Hope you can help me out.

Hi Devke, mmm.... honestly never had that problem, maybe I dont know much about the problem, I think you need to get yourself a vps. Milestone will only action an order if there is no order near the current prices within a given ATR ( TradeSpace ) and when closing, unless its in profit or closing and overall profitable basket it wont do anything to any loosing trades. The fix youre talking about is something I probably wouldnt want to add it to the EA.

Hi Trevone,

Thanks for youre quick answer! I tested milestone with the ping problems as early wrote. I am wrong about my comments :-)

Milestone closed the positions by itself. And they were positive again!! Great. So i take my words back :-)

Now i have to look for a steady provider so i am always on the market and not have a lot of ping errors. Then i am from the market for a second of 15. Too long.

If you have a suggestion about a steady broker, please inform me.

Thanx again!

What is the status about Milestone 6? I thought you would release it, did i miss something?

Are you going bust with milestone 5.1 also or is it just the 4.x version?

Greetings

Devke

Hi trevone,

Wow you did hard work! :-)

I thought Milestone 6 was the latest release. Is 18.2 the latest one? Or am i wrong?

Greetings,

Devke

Hey trevone,

Thanks for your sharing.I will run new version of milestone on my live account.

It's a great EA.

Thanx a lot again

Hello Trevone - thanks for this interesting EA. I have a question : I have running the latest version 18.2 with the .setfile milestone-18.2-the_big_bucks . I run the EA at Excel Markets 5-digit Broker, 1:400 Leverage and with 300$ / Demo. I have EURUSD - M5 Timeframe.

One thing i have changed in the settings - the Parameter "Minlots" from 0,03 to 0,01. I will trade with 0,01lot as starting Tradesize in this 300$ Account.

But the EA opens Positions always with 0,03 lot. How can i make the opening lotsize smaller to 0,01lot trevone ? Later, i will run this in real account - but i have not more as real 300$ for trading.

Have you a recommendation for running the Ea 18.2 Big Bucks in a 300$ Account and what you mean, how many Pairs i can run at the same time with so a tiny account ? Thanks for your time and answer in advanced . . .

A goooood Robo tx

Blogworker:

Hello Trevone - thanks for this interesting EA. I have a question : I have running the latest version 18.2 with the .setfile milestone-18.2-the_big_bucks . I run the EA at Excel Markets 5-digit Broker, 1:400 Leverage and with 300$ / Demo. I have EURUSD - M5 Timeframe.

One thing i have changed in the settings - the Parameter "Minlots" from 0,03 to 0,01. I will trade with 0,01lot as starting Tradesize in this 300$ Account.

But the EA opens Positions always with 0,03 lot. How can i make the opening lotsize smaller to 0,01lot trevone ? Later, i will run this in real account - but i have not more as real 300$ for trading.

Have you a recommendation for running the Ea 18.2 Big Bucks in a 300$ Account and what you mean, how many Pairs i can run at the same time with so a tiny account ? Thanks for your time and answer in advanced . . .

please advise some suitable pairs to run this EA.

Hello everyone, thanks for your support. This project has been an ongoing nightmare for me as you can see. I encourage you guys to experiment with the different versions, there are some real get rich quick possibilities there. I still have not found a solution to the problem of going bust. SO BE VERY VERY CAREFUL WHEN TRADING LIVE. Although I highly recommend you trade live its far more rewarding than even the best of your trading abilities, ( that is if you know what youre doing with the set files ). I am trading version 20.5 live on EURUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, USDCAD, NZDUSD, GBPUSD. Mostly I trade multiple charts and quite often double my account in the week, sometimes I go bust. Going bust even once is too much for me. So I keep trying to solve the problem but have not yet. However I have not had an overall loss for a couple of months now, you need to know when to take profits out of your account. Unfortunately I have discovered a bug in the versions 17 to 19 and dont think these are valid versions anymore ( that includes the big bucks ), so there will be an update soon with the fix and I am trading it live at the moment. I will post description of the settings when I get a chance. Don't be afraid to risk it. Regards

Hi Trevone,

great effort once again! I can't but commend the dedication and skill!

I noticed that you do use hedged positions now. Can I suggest to treat trades of different directions as different, independent baskets? The benefits I believe would be:

- Hedges can make profit independently of losses to the other direction.

- the risk of going bust if the trend reverses to original after hedges have been opened is greatly reduced

- one could close singular, losing trades from the original trend by weighing against profits made with the hedge, without committing to closing all original trades as loss.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Hello.

I've just started following this thread and have only looked at the code for version 18.2. After a quick glance, there seems to be however, a bug in the "sendBack()" and the "senNews()" functions.

The functions have Sell Order using the parameters "OP_BUY" and "Ask" Price, instead of the "OP_SELL" and "Bid" price, causing an opposite order to be placed instead.

Best Regards!

Reason: