Questions from Beginners MQL4 MT4 MetaTrader 4 - page 265

@Scott Stockdale #: Hi - I use MT4 platform and am having. Hi - new to the MT4 platform.  I'll try to be concise and precise. After loading all my pairs, a grey Account Information rectangle appeared

in the upper left corner of my charts. I can't find a way to close it - I don't want it to show at all. Also, as shown in the attached photo, the information is scrunched up. and unreadable.  If I could see it clearly, it might be useful.

So:  1) how do I close the Account Information box, and

2) how do I un-scrunch the data in the box?

You are running an Expert Advisor (EA) on your chart (seems to be called "The Fed"), which is displaying that text. It is not part of the normal MetaTrader 4 functionality.

Also, you probably have a high definition monitor or are using Windows display scaling, and that program (EA) is not properly coded to deal with it.

You will have to discuss the issues with the author of the program and ask them for support.

Thanks, Fernando!  I'll follow your advice.

I have Mt4 demo account and live.

I'm trying to download free ea but I'm getting and error

Says this file does not have an app

On my lap top I can't download to my choice account.  Only picks my Oanda demo account not my live.  So both desktop and lap top downloaders aren't

So the dowloader does not work on desktop and won't let me pick which MT4 to use on my Laptop

any ideas

Tomi Luv #:

I have Mt4 demo account and live.

I'm trying to download free ea but I'm getting and error

Says this file does not have an app

On my lap top I can't download to my choice account.  Only picks my Oanda demo account not my live.  So both desktop and lap top downloaders aren't

So the dowloader does not work on desktop and won't let me pick which MT4 to use on my Laptop

any ideas

Go to your MT4 terminal and search for this EA in the upper right corner search area, then click the link in the results down in the Terminal window to download the demo.

Eleni Anna Branou #:Go to your MT4 terminal and search for this EA in the upper right corner search area, then click the link in the results down in the Terminal window to download the demo.
Did not work.  I think I have to make a new Mql5 account.

@Tomi Luv #: Did not work.  I think I have to make a new Mql5 account.

No, you should not do that, as it would violate the Terms and Conditions — 12.13. The User shall use only one unique MQL5 ID on the www.mql5.com website

It would also not resolve your issue. You need to figure out what is causing the problem on your setup.

@Tomi Luv #: Did not work.  I think I have to make a new Mql5 account.

You need download the product from within MetaTrader itself ...

1. Click on the Market tab
  2. Type in the name of the product in the search field
  3. Click on the product of choice
  4. Then "Buy" or "Download"

good afternoon

a question about MT4 (i think it's widely common): how to acceed to Low Time Frames (to M1) without limits, ideally anywhere in the past i'd like to go. Thank you

how multi time back test in EA mql4?

Hello, I have a problem with the VPS. I don't get notifications on my phone when the MT4 is off. When the platform is on, notifications work.  Can someone please give me some advice on what could be wrong? Thank you
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The fastest VPS server for forex trading from the MetaTrader 4/5 terminal developers
Reason: