Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 110

WR1:
Its not such the bed of roses over on FF, the post upgrade euphoria seems to of worn off

on a side issue - i wonder if someone can tell me if EAs run off offline charts and if so do they still work in 604?

thanks

Well it is enough just to see the titles of the first 5 threads at metatrader forum (and there is more like those) : I think no comment needed

Files:
mql.gif  42 kb

something to keep the moderators busy over on the MQs sites

can't be much fun for the lower down staff at MQs headquarters either

it seems using the least amount of custom indicators from now on maybe the best option, for when the time comes to jump ship

and hopefully with the Winter Olympics on in Russia there might be less builds for the next two wks

WR1:
something to keep the moderators busy over on the MQs sites

can't be much fun for the lower down staff at MQs headquarters either

it seems using the least amount of custom indicators from now on maybe the best option, for when the time comes to jump ship

and hopefully with the Winter Olympics on in Russia there might be less builds for the next two wks

It is not just indicators

It seems that the perfect would be not to use anything - that way there would be no possibility of an error in a new mql4 - perfection at its best

EA problems:

I have a few EAs I have written and all has gone well until the new build came out.

The EAs are designed to run on offline charts made up of a basket of pairs.

They have always worked fine in the past but now with the new build they will not return the values such as Close, Open, High, Low etc as they did in the past when the EA is placed on these basket offline charts.

Also iCustom no longer works when calling it for an offline chart of a different period even though the offline chart is present.

I have created the offline charts with the old 509 indicator and also one coded in the new 604 format and the results are the same.

The EAs will not work if coded either 509 or 604.

I have recompiled the EAs under 604 and they compile without any errors, but still don't work in trying to retrieve data from the chart the EA is on or different period offline chart.

I have searched high and low and have ended up with only a headache and have tried everything I can think of to no avail.

I know others are having this same problem as I have seen their posts on the Web and I have contacted them and they still are looking for an answer.

What am I missing, it has to be something simple, I am just not seeing it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

seller9:
EA problems:

I have a few EAs I have written and all has gone well until the new build came out.

The EAs are designed to run on offline charts made up of a basket of pairs.

They have always worked fine in the past but now with the new build they will not return the values such as Close, Open, High, Low etc as they did in the past when the EA is placed on these basket offline charts.

Also iCustom no longer works when calling it for an offline chart of a different period even though the offline chart is present.

I have created the offline charts with the old 509 indicator and also one coded in the new 604 format and the results are the same.

The EAs will not work if coded either 509 or 604.

I have recompiled the EAs under 604 and they compile without any errors, but still don't work in trying to retrieve data from the chart the EA is on or different period offline chart.

I have searched high and low and have ended up with only a headache and have tried everything I can think of to no avail.

I know others are having this same problem as I have seen their posts on the Web and I have contacted them and they still are looking for an answer.

What am I missing, it has to be something simple, I am just not seeing it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

What offline chart are you using?

Usually that kind of a problem happens when the offline chart is not sending correctly events to the offline chart (the format how it has to be done has been changed in new metatrader 4 and without changing the offline generating chart code it will not work no matter what you try)

its bad enough all my old indicators that have issues with the new MT4 upgrade, is MT5 even worse! ?????

basketv8.mq4basketv8.mq4basketv8.mq4

mladen:
What offline chart are you using? Usually that kind of a problem happens when the offline chart is not sending correctly events to the offline chart (the format how it has to be done has been changed in new metatrader 4 and without changing the offline generating chart code it will not work no matter what you try)

They have been coded according to this site and then compiled under 604.

Most indicators seem to work OK on them but they use a different method to get their Data from the chart, "ONCALCULATE", but I can't use that in an EA.

I can create a simple indicator using the ONCALCULATE function and I can get the indicator to print data from it.

Offline Charts in the New MQL4 - MQL4 Articles

Here is a basic Basket offline chart indicator creator under 509, it has not been changed, but when the changes are made according to the above article it will compile with no errors under 604 but no data can be read from it.

basketv8.mq4

Files:
basketv8.mq4  10 kb

can Metatrader just include renko/range bar charts in their program without all this idiotic "offline" crap?

and while they are at it...do flexible time frames & tick charts...

seller9:
basketv8.mq4basketv8.mq4basketv8.mq4

They have been coded according to this site and then compiled under 604.

Most indicators seem to work OK on them but they use a different method to get their Data from the chart, "ONCALCULATE", but I can't use that in an EA.

I can create a simple indicator using the ONCALCULATE function and I can get the indicator to print data from it.

Offline Charts in the New MQL4 - MQL4 Articles

Here is a basic Basket offline chart indicator creator under 509, it has not been changed, but when the changes are made according to the above article it will compile with no errors under 604 but no data can be read from it.

basketv8.mq4

Seems that the problem when EAs are concerned, is the symbol name

See the example picture : one is using regular EURUSD name for symbol and the EA is showing close prices with no problem at all (upper left corner). Lower is the same thing just with the name changed to _tEURU and then the same EA does not show close prices any more (even though the prices are regularly displayed in the ohlc place, see the comment from the EA one line lower)

Nothing unusual - just one more "present" from metaquotes

PS: the ea used in both cases is the simple one :

int init() { return(0); }

int deinit() { return(0); }

void start()

{

Comment(_Symbol," ",TimeToStr(TimeLocal(),TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS)," ",DoubleToStr(Close[0],Digits)," ",DoubleToStr(Close[1],Digits));

return;

}
Files:
offline.gif  103 kb

mladen:
Seems that the problem when EAs are concerned, is the symbol name

See the example picture : one is using regular EURUSD name for symbol and the EA is showing close prices with no problem at all (upper left corner). Lower is the same thing just with the name changed to _tEURU and then the same EA does not show close prices any more (even though the prices are regularly displayed in the ohlc place, see the comment from the EA one line lower)

Nothing unusual - just one more "present" from metaquotes

PS: the ea used in both cases is the simple one :

int init() { return(0); }

int deinit() { return(0); }

void start()

{

Comment(_Symbol," ",TimeToStr(TimeLocal(),TIME_DATE|TIME_SECONDS)," ",DoubleToStr(Close[0],Digits)," ",DoubleToStr(Close[1],Digits));

return;

}

There is no problem with single pair charts, the problem is when a basket offline chart of multiple pairs is used.

You need to create a basket chart using the Basket8 indicator coded for 509 and 604 to see what happens with a basket.

I have changed the name of a basket offline chart to that of a single pair and it still did not work, that was tried.

Reason: