Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 119

does anyone know where the bars have gone

is anyone else having this issue?

i've noticed missing bars and reappearing 1hr bars more or less since receiving the 604 build

although have blocked any further updates so maybe just an issue with 604

has anyone noticed anything similar on 610

and is it safe to upgrade to 610 yet?

Files:

WR1:
does anyone know where the bars have gone

is anyone else having this issue?

i've noticed missing bars and reappearing 1hr bars more or less since receiving the 604 build

although have blocked any further updates so maybe just an issue with 604

has anyone noticed anything similar on 610

and is it safe to upgrade to 610 yet?

Try deleting the files from your history folder (so that they get re-downloaded on terminal reastart and then check the data again

As of build 610 : some things are better some are worse. The usual same old, same old

Currently one thing that is happening with new metatrader 4 is simply too much

The thing is simple : you take some code. You compile it. You attach it to a chart. And nothing happens. No compilation time error (with or without "strict" set). No run-time error (with or without "strict" set). Nothing. Today I had a case like this : compiled an EA. Attached it to a chart. It unloaded. 2 times, 3 times, repeatedly. It simply refused to work. Then just simply compiled it again and then it started to work. Nothing (not even an empty space) was changed in the code. Nothing. And again : no compilation errors, no run-time errors.

If they do not solve situations like these soon it will be no good at all. No way to develop anything normal like this

MLaden

You are right. I have had it happen to me a couple of times. This coupled with HughFlemming's missing bars are indicating serious problems with the software that should make everyone think hard about reliable alternatives, I am.

mladen:
Currently one thing that is happening with new metatrader 4 is simply too much

The thing is simple : you take some code. You compile it. You attach it to a chart. And nothing happens. No compilation time error (with or without "strict" set). No run-time error (with or without "strict" set). Nothing. Today I had a case like this : compiled an EA. Attached it to a chart. It unloaded. 2 times, 3 times, repeatedly. It simply refused to work. Then just simply compiled it again and then it started to work. Nothing (not even an empty space) was changed in the code. Nothing. And again : no compilation errors, no run-time errors.

If they do not solve situations like these soon it will be no good at all. No way to develop anything normal like this

I am finding that code that is compiled with 0 errors is running fine all day on build 600 but runs on build 610 for a few minutes then unloads itself. So no doubt we will have to wait for future builds to sort this out.

Xard777

tzuman:
mladen you are right. I have had it happen to me a couple of times. This coupled with hughflemming's missing bars are indicating serious problems with the software that should make everyone think hard about reliable alternatives, i am.

today - thursday 2-20

complained to ibfx that my indicator arrows do not work when i use my ea. They said download the latest 610 build. I did, now none of my indicators or ea's show on the side menu. What the heck is going on with this newer version software platform?? How the heck to we figure out how to fix our older mt4 indicators and ea's to work on this newer platform???

Dave

houston

Seems that they can not keep their web site in order )or someone is really mad) : it is a mess the whole day long

Files:
mq.gif  63 kb

Hi all

In fact i am not coder

And i am facing huge problems with the new mt4 build with scripts , EAs and indicators too

most of them with .ex4 files only

I don`t know what to do or what will happen with the next mt4 updates .

حمزه محمود:
Hi all

In fact i am not coder

And i am facing huge problems with the new mt4 build with scripts , EAs and indicators too

most of them with .ex4 files only

I don`t know what to do or what will happen with the next mt4 updates .

You will get an advice from a super-smart moderator on mq site that will go like this "As a coder, its my responsibility to Think>Code>Test>Debug ... Repeat ... Repeat ... Repeat O-O." Moronic answers like that (coming from a guy that never posted any usable peace of code there) are there just to hide the fact that you are not going to get any help from metaquotes

So, all as usual : we shall see what will happen, and as always, we shall have to find solutions for ourselves

I am having problems with this new metatrader 4 but after reading what kind ogf problems the others have, I see that I am not allone. I hope the clean it up soon

Reason: