New metatrader 4 compatible indicators - page 31

mladen:
MTH I do not know why do you get that error. I have tried to cause the same error but I could not (see the example picture - all works OK). Check if you maybe have multiple instances trying to write in the same history file, but even then you should not get that error. Can you describe with more detail when exactly does it (that error) happen?

Yes Sir, I use MT4 build 610 download it from MetaQuotes.

Your renko chart builder show up normally in indicator folders, and load normally to M1 standard source chart.

Problem show up when I open offline chart box window, offline chart name is there, but when i click it to open, the chart window open with 'waiting for update' text and without (offline) tag in its chart tab, and that error comment continuously show in journal tab.

Hope i explain clearly what happen.. and once again thank you so much for your help.

MTH

PS : Sir, I use your renko chart builder from post 275. and in your example picture above, you use my MTH chart builder v.02. is there any significant different ?

MTH Depok:
Yes Sir, I use MT4 build 610 download it from MetaQuotes.

Your renko chart builder show up normally in indicator folders, and load normally to M1 standard source chart.

Problem show up when I open offline chart box window, offline chart name is there, but when i click it to open, the chart window open with 'waiting for update' text and without (offline) tag in its chart tab, and that error comment continuously show in journal tab.

Hope i explain clearly what happen.. and once again thank you so much for your help.

MTH

Which version of renko chart builder are you using?

mladen:
Which version of renko chart builder are you using?

From post 275 Sir..

mladen:
Here is the renko mean made to work with new history file formats. It is an indicator now (so you can attach more than one instance to the same chart and produce multiple renko offline charts without a need to open multiple main charts) Here is how the result of the renko mean of eurusd looks like now in the beta (default settings used, 1 minute chart used as a source for the first example, daily chart used as a source for the second example) :

Hi mladen,

Thanks for the indicator you posted.

I have been exploring Renko and came across your post #87, but have a question.

Why would you build a Renko chart from a daily source chart as in your 2nd example?

The first example built from a M1 source chart, gives a truer picture of what happened in real time, ie you can visually back test, but the chart built from a daily source chart does not.

I am sure there is a good reason, but I can't see it, can you help or point me to some information to learn more.

Thanks

Dave

236dave:
Hi mladen,

Thanks for the indicator you posted.

I have been exploring Renko and came across your post #86, but have a question.

Why would you build a Renko chart from a daily source chart as in your 2nd example?

The first example built from a M1 source chart, gives a truer picture of what happened in real time, ie you can visually back test, but the chart built from a daily source chart does not.

I am sure there is a good reason, but I can't see it, can you help or point me to some information to learn more.

Thanks

Dave

Dave

It was just an example to check if all is working OK. No other reason

MTH Depok:
From post 275 Sir..

MTH

Here is an example of what I did right now : attached 6 instances of that indicator (same parameters though - except for time frames - time frame used are 2,3,4,6,7 and 8) to a same chart just to test if all is working OK, and it does (including the timely refresh of each of the offline chart). Maybe the problem is in your build of metatrader : it has to be run on buil 610 or higher - it will not work on lower builds of new metatrader

Files:
renko_6.gif  132 kb

New metatrader 4 compatible indicators

Good morning mladen:

Please, you can modify this indicator to work in the new metatrader.

Thank you very much.

A hug.

Hermo

Files:

mladen:
MTH Here is an example of what I did right now : attached 6 instances of that indicator (same parameters though - except for time frames - time frame used are 2,3,4,6,7 and 8) to a same chart just to test if all is working OK, and it does (including the timely refresh of each of the offline chart). Maybe the problem is in your build of metatrader : it has to be run on buil 610 or higher - it will not work on lower builds of new metatrader

OK Sir, I'll try to find out the problem, I already use MT4 B610, I will check it once again and use another brokerages that already update to MT4 B610 too,

Will report it here if I found something..

Once again Thank You for your time and guidance..

Wish You The Best.

MTH

Hi all some EAs destroyed and some indicators too

What and why this happen with new build of mt4 , Most of us not a programing coders ,

It is really problem and i don`t know what to do after a long time of effort in developing parameters for EAs and then they didn`t work with new build mt4 any moor or backtesting .....

حمزه محمود:
Hi all some EAs destroyed and some indicators too

What and why this happen with new build of mt4 , Most of us not a programing coders ,

It is really problem and i don`t know what to do after a long time of effort in developing parameters for EAs and then they didn`t work with new build mt4 any moor or backtesting .....

Believe me, you are not the only one.

Metatrader is currently at such a state that it can not be trusted for live trading (too much errors - bugs in anything attempted to do - and compiler is a total mess at a moment) so, at a moment, anybody using it for trading should use it with extreme care and try to minimize risks as much as you can (trade minimal lots)

It will take some time (and it turns out longer time than metatrader people were hoping for) until it becomes reliable enough that people can use it with confidence in trading

Reason: