Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 125

Buffers are not passed to dlls as arguments the same way as they were passed in build 509 and earlier. If someone has used that approach, then it must be changed or the results are going to be wrong (it includes a lot of dlls that were passed values that way - guess this step is calculated to throw out the competition in signals selling).

checkin:
I think that there is more than that. I have a feeling that metatrader is dying (just go around the forums and you will see what I mean). This was a dirty trick to convert trading platform to signal selling

We may laugh or not, but metatrader stuff is draining all over the net. It is losing ground very fast

I just fired up my live account on my laptop and got the pop up window saying this program wants to change things on your computer and clicked NO, MT4 platform hung and hung an then loaded 3 times then unloaded then reloaded on about a 20 second cycle so I went to the task manager and shut MT4 down then tried opening the MT4 platform again and once more it asked me the YES/NO question to which I selected NO, nothing happened then the platform appeared and once more loaded and unloaded over and over again so I clicked on the platform for the brief time it appeared and a window popped up reading congratulations on upgrading to the new MT4 or something like that as it only appeared for an instant and what do you know my Live account is now build 610, now if that is not a forced update I do not know what is. You have to ask if they can force an upgrade like that what else is going on behind the scenes that we know nothing of? I guess at the end of the day that is why anyone serious about trading does not use MetaQuotes platforms for Live accounts.

cja:
I just fired up my live account on my laptop and got the pop up window saying this program wants to change things on your computer and clicked NO, MT4 platform hung and hung an then loaded 3 times then unloaded then reloaded on about a 20 second cycle so I went to the task manager and shut MT4 down then tried opening the MT4 platform again and once more it asked me the YES/NO question to which I selected NO, nothing happened then the platform appeared and once more loaded and unloaded over and over again so I clicked on the platform for the brief time it appeared and a window popped up reading congratulations on upgrading to the new MT4 or something like that as it only appeared for an instant and what do you know my Live account is now build 610, now if that is not a forced update I do not know what is. You have to ask if they can force an upgrade like that what else is going on behind the scenes that we know nothing of? I guess at the end of the day that is why anyone serious about trading does not use MetaQuotes platforms for Live accounts.

To hell with them

They are terrified that someone will not use this new metatrader. Why should they be terrified? What are they trying to hide?

cja:

I was very concerned after reading your post. I am breathing a sigh of relief for now. So far when ever I use my live account Metatrader requests an update but hasn't forced it. I wonder if each broker decides when that happens? Anyway, I figure it is just a matter of time.

i was using this for a few wks

Auto Delete Old Files

it auto deleted the webinstal and metaquotes files and prevented all attempts to update

but did nt pay the $20 after the trial so have also been updated

not sure if it will still work as MQs seems intent on pushing its drugs, oops mean software

and may of found a way around it, not sure as my trial has run out

really easy to set up, and then set delete / process files for 5mins, just leave MT4 on until the 5minutes and the files are sent to the bin where they belong

some programs will delete them in one minute, but this one was easiest to set up

WR1:
i was using this for a few wks

Auto Delete Old Files

it auto deleted the webinstal and metaquotes files and prevented all attempts to update

but did nt pay the $20 after the trial so have also been updated

not sure if it will still work as MQs seems intent on pushing its drugs, oops mean software

and may of found a way around it, not sure as my trial has run out

really easy to set up, and then set delete / process files for 5mins, just leave MT4 on until the 5minutes and the files are sent to the bin where they belong

some programs will delete them in one minute, but this one was easiest to set up

So far I can keep one instance as build 509, but I don't know for how long it will be possible (I am still running windows XP maybe that is the reason)

mladen:
So far I can keep one instance as build 509, but I don't know for how long it will be possible (I am still running windows XP maybe that is the reason)

i'm also on XP still, but don't want to use my Win7 install until get a new P.C. unless i really have to

possibly all the MT4s i use have updated, or very nr all

and not seeing the problems others have noticed with any indies not working yet, although don't use any with DLLS, likely only a matter of time before a few breakdown

wish there was another decent alternative as i would kick MT4 off the P.C in an instant

Mladen

on a side note, what do you get when you get upto 200,000 credits

do you get a Ferrari?

WR1:
Mladen

on a side note, what do you get when you get upto 200,000 credits

do you get a Ferrari?

Don't know. Would have to ask the owners of the site. Frankly, now when you brought it up (never looked at my credits field) I think I will be starting to share them with people soon - since credits transfer can be done - I have no need for those

Reason: