Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 116

techmac:
Same thing is done and this time they are hoping that it will succeed. It can succeed only if the kill metatrader 4 - that is the next step. The real question that will be answered only when they do it : will the rest of metaquotes survive then

They won't survive so easily if someone else appears (again) in the not too distant future with a better product (which is extremely likely)

MQs can't really expect someone not to bring out a good package in the next 2-10yrs

that has all the other basic features and much more that traders have wanted on MT4 for ages

and now looks like the year 2025 before MT6 finally adds one or two of those features

if they had wanted to stay on top enough - or had been wise enough they would give the people what they want and not treat the people like scum and just a meal ticket for them

a few fancy boxes won't cut it, if it does n't help us make money

at least they have showed their true colours and we know where we stand

Hopefully the FSB don't eliminate the competition

checkin:
I agree that buttons and tings like that look nice, but my question is : how is it going to add to our trading reliability? Tools built using high level coding languages (as mql) are slow compared to dlls, and we do not have a possibility to create tools using dlls. Same things (buttons, graphics, ....) just made metatrader 5 terribly slow

?Slow?? Check out the Strategy Tester, I am seeing more than a 5 to 1slowdown. What used to take 3 hours to compute a month's worth of data on 509 now takes 25 to 30 hours for either 604 or 610. Really great for testing, imagine optimization? The results would be out of date before the optimization run completed. It is now useless. I suspect the same is happening in indicators and EAs but is masked by much less data.

checkin:
I agree that buttons and tings like that look nice, but my question is : how is it going to add to our trading reliability? Tools built using high level coding languages (as mql) are slow compared to dlls, and we do not have a possibility to create tools using dlls. Same things (buttons, graphics, ....) just made metatrader 5 terribly slow

I hear what you are saying however from what I am finding the new MT4 does not suffer from any lack of speed like MT5 in fact the button type trading tools basically work instantly with no lag at all as far as I can see and virtually no cpu load. I have several versions using buttons and labels with and without dlls and the speed appears to be the same or so close that it is impossible to tell the difference. As far as adding to our trading reliability I personally find it far easier to trade directly off the chart for all my trading functions rather than using the MetaQuotes order windows and the new MT4 has allowed more options and possibilties to do that better than the old MT4.

Some info from GoMarkets :

Files:

Found some indicators that compile with no error at all but also do not show anything (no run time error shown in the experts nor journal tab). That is not good (we can only imagine what is the error instead of being warned where is the error). Also, some functions not working properly (time functions). At a present stage (build 610) not a developing platform that a coder would like to have

PS: from what I see the most repeated advise at mq forum from moderators there is that you should not compile anything if you are not a coder. Meaning, if you are not a coder you should not trade or use source code. It certainly looks like a giant leap "forward" compared to the old metatrader 4

cja:
I have had a occasions with build 610 where time and price labels did not update and were locked for some reason so I tried a different approach to the code and eventually got them working only to discover a few hours later the earlier time and price code was once more working? How can there been a random fault happening like that? usually something either works or it doesn't.

Parroting myself, but I think that it is the best description : this new metatrader 4 is schizophrenic. No way how we can code normally in such a coding environment

I have had a occasions with build 610 where time and price labels did not update and were locked for some reason so I tried a different approach to the code and eventually got them working only to discover a few hours later the earlier time and price code was once more working? How can there be a random fault happening like that? usually something either works or it doesn't.

This leads to no good direction. mq moderators are giving their best but so far their advices are "use old ex4". So what the hell are we forced to use this new thing for?

Reason: