GBPUSD stopped running on MT5

The gbpusd pair stopped running and is frozen while all other pairs are still running fine.

I have restarted the terminal and removed the gbpusd chart and loaded it again but still doesn't run.

What is the problem? 

C.D.M: The gbpusd pair stopped running and is frozen while all other pairs are still running fine. I have restarted the terminal and removed the gbpusd chart and loaded it again but still doesn't run. What is the problem? 

Do you really expect us to be able to answer you with so little information?

• What MetaTrader — v4 or v5?
  • What build?
  • MetaQuotes demo account or Broker account (real or demo)?
  • What does the Journal Log report?
  • Are you using any indicator or EA on the chart?

Fernando Carreiro #:

Do you really expect us to be able to answer you with so little information?

• What MetaTrader — v4 or v5?
  • What build?
  • MetaQuotes demo account or Broker account (real or demo)?
  • What does the Journal Log report?
  • Are you using any indicator or EA on the chart?

MT5 is in the title and yes there indicators and an EA on the gbpusd chart which are the same as all other charts that are working.

The build is 3391 demo and there is an error in the journal that says no prices.

Files:
no_prices.jpg  75 kb

C.D.M #: MT5 is in the title and yes there indicators and an EA on the gbpusd chart which are the same as all other charts that are working. The build is 3391 demo and there is an error in the journal that says no prices.

Remove all indicators and EAs on it and make sure there is a connection to the trade server. Disconnect and reconnect to the account. See what ping it gives and verify the Journal.

See, if that resolves the chart update. If not, next see if you can request current OHLC prices and Tick data for GBPUSD via the Symbols (Ctrl-U).

Let us know the results of these steps.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Remove all indicators and EAs on it and make sure there is a connection to the trade server. Disconnect and reconnect to the account. See what ping it gives and verify the Journal.

See, if that resolves the chart update. If not, next see if you can request current OHLC prices and Tick data for GBPUSD via the Symbols (Ctrl-U).

Let us know the results of these steps.

I remove the indicators and one of them stays on the chart without being listed under indicators.

I can get the ticks up to the time gbpusd stopped running and the connection ping is normal @ 128ms.

Files:
ticks.jpg  303 kb

C.D.M #:

I remove the indicators and one of them stays on the chart without being listed under indicators.

I can get the ticks up to the time gbpusd stopped running and the connection ping is normal @ 128ms.

I have delete the template for the charts and was able to remove the indicator so now there are none on the chart.

Also I checked the live chart and gbpusd is running ok there but still not running on demo.

C.D.M #:I have delete the template for the charts and was able to remove the indicator so now there are none on the chart. Also I checked the live chart and gbpusd is running ok there but still not running on demo.

Is this a demo account by a broker? Are you sure it has not expired?

One more thing you can try, is to close MetaTrader and then delete all the history and tick data files so that it has to re-download it all again when you restart it.

• <data folder>\Bases\<trade server>\history\GBPUSD
  • <data folder>\Bases\<trade server>\ticks\GBPUSD
EDIT: If the demo account has expired, you will have to create a new one.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Is this a demo account by a broker? Are you sure it has not expired?

One more thing you can try, is to close MetaTrader and then delete all the history and tick data files so that it has to re-download it all again when you restart it.

• <data folder>\Bases\<trade server>\history\GBPUSD
    • <data folder>\Bases\<trade server>\ticks\GBPUSD
    EDIT: If the demo account has expired, you will have to create a new one.

Should I delete the history and ticks folders or just the contents of the folders?

C.D.M #: Should I delete the history and ticks folders or just the contents of the folders?
      You can rename the folders so you will have a backup. Just make sure you do it with MetaTrader closed down.

Fernando Carreiro #:
      You can rename the folders so you will have a backup. Just make sure you do it with MetaTrader closed down.

I deleted the files and it did not fix it.

Anyway thanks for the help. :)

C.D.M #: I deleted the files and it did not fix it. Anyway thanks for the help. :)

Then you will have to discuss the issue with your broker. The most likely scenario, is that the demo account has expired.

Reason: