Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 201

2 years?

They started new metatrader 4 and it is still a beta after 1.5 years. Anyway, we are doomed to eternal betas.

Ovo:
It was my first thought the goal was blending the MT4 and MT5 a year ago, as it would have easier maintenance. But since then the MT4 did not seem to get closer to MT5 any more, so I am not quite sure if they follow this goal any longer. It rather seems they changed priorities and focused on implementation the shopping cart into a trading platform, for amateur code and signals, magazines, VPS, jobs, and whatever they find.

Wish is different from reality. Their idea for a shopping cart isnt going to work out when TSD has already most of the code stuff and Mladen + others etc help to do the relevant coding. MT5 and MT4 are just plainly inter-competing products for a slice of the same pie.

+ There isnt interest on MT4 Forums evidenced by the number of user postings as many have said too. How many people would actually be interested in the Shopping Cart stuff.

Eventually, Metatrader will evaluate that there being too little customer interest in MT5 (which was little to start with) and then merge the two, which will once more bring about eternal pain to users who have to endure one more round similar to current "MT4 live testing"......

wintersky111:
Wish is different from reality. Their idea for a shopping cart isnt going to work out when TSD has already most of the code stuff and Mladen + others etc help to do the relevant coding. MT5 and MT4 are just plainly inter-competing products for a slice of the same pie.

+ There isnt interest on MT4 Forums evidenced by the number of user postings as many have said too. How many people would actually be interested in the Shopping Cart stuff.

Eventually, Metatrader will evaluate that there being too little customer interest in MT5 (which was little to start with) and then merge the two, which will once more bring about eternal pain to users who have to endure one more round similar to current "MT4 live testing"......

Perhaps they invested inadequate effort into the MT5, but the commercial effect never came. And now they want to reuse that code for the MT4, just giving some economic use to their development.

It would be good that they finish this farce since nobody is gaining anything from keeping the metatrader at permanent beta state but I am not sure is the two can be merged (too different trading). If they try merging the two ways that orders are managed, I am afraid that either mt4 or mt5 will have to die, or we are going to have years of beta versions again

At last Alpari stopped built 509. I think this is time to leave MetaQuotes,,

Give traders the choice MT5 with its US trading restrictions or MT4, I think the trading world voted with their feet on this one and thats why MT5 never took off. If nothing else MetaQuotes are consistent, they consistently ignore the obvious.

I think that the biggest problem is that mq is ignoring the failure of metatrader 5

It is understandable (they got payed for a trading platform that nobody is using - ie brokers have lost money because they trusted mq and there is only one side responsible for that failure) and they were probably thinking that they were doing something extraordinary, but not being able to accept a failure is plain stupid and that is what we are witnessing for the last year and a half : stubborn refusal of what is obvious is leading metatrader from one mistake into another (even bigger) mistake.

I am not sure that now they have a way of correcting what they have messed up and we might be seeing the total decline of once good trading platform

techmac:
I think that the biggest problem is that mq is ignoring the failure of metatrader 5

It is understandable (they got payed for a trading platform that nobody is using - ie brokers have lost money because they trusted mq and there is only one side responsible for that failure) and they were probably thinking that they were doing something extraordinary, but not being able to accept a failure is plain stupid and that is what we are witnessing for the last year and a half : stubborn refusal of what is obvious is leading metatrader from one mistake into another (even bigger) mistake.

I am not sure that now they have a way of correcting what they have messed up and we might be seeing the total decline of once good trading platform

MT5 failed for try force fifo rules. But as product is more superior to old MT4. Debugger, API more powerful and C++. Only thing missing to be perfect was offline charts and backtesting. Current MT4 is not bad in features but i agree than metaquotes is not serious company and it is logic people want kick out this platform.

braintheboss:
MT5 failed for try force fifo rules. But as product is more superior to old MT4. Debugger, API more powerful and C++. Only thing missing to be perfect was offline charts and backtesting. Current MT4 is not bad in features but i agree than metaquotes is not serious company and it is logic people want kick out this platform.

it would of (possibly) just been easier all along to make a MT5 SE version

strip out the FIFO rules, re-add the upgraded tester that MT5 uses for EAs

and also re-add the offline charts or just the option for time frame adjustment same as Proreal time has so traders can have anytime TF

they must of known this would of satisfied most traders, but for reasons unknown? instead of drinking vodka on beach long ago they are stuck with this endless nonsense, and trying to add and sell anything they can think off on the old MT4,

which will be superseded by someone else before they even get to the end of these changes

Just my 5 vents : not only that metatrader site is dying (take a look at English speaking part of metatrader site today) but everywhere around anything related to it is dying. I have heard that metatrader was trying to push itself into sites for free (with the "your business depends on us" - that is what they tried with FF and a couple of other forums) and that what we are seeing is a reaction to a blackmail that metatrader have tried.

Now, when they can not get a free advertisement all they can do is plant rumors. And a rumor about their future plans is hilarious - just read what were they promising when they started new metatrader 4 - and now, after 1.5 years, they are promising exactly the same and they are pretending to do something new. That is sad

When their memory does not reach longer than a few days back, their future is probably going to last the same - a few more months