Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 114

Some are telling that PostMessage() is now considered a hack !!!!!! Anything outside the mql will be considered a hack?

checkin:
Some are telling that PostMessage() is now considered a hack !!!!!! Anything outside the mql will be considered a hack?

I don't think so. Been using calls to PostMessage() in a quite a few indicators and Eas and no problem at all (all that needs to be done is to replace ascii version with unicode version (ascii ends up in letter "A" - PosteMessageA() for example, while unicode ends up in letter "W" - PostMessageW() for example)

btw : build 610 just came in

checkin:
Even build 610 is too optimistic. Too much problems, to clumsy for regular users to use, too risky to use and requires to know thing that a trader should never have to know just to be a trader. same wrong stuff as metatrader 5

My metatrader 4 was upgraded to build 610. If this is what we are going to be forced to uses as bug less version, we are in a big trouble

Why do they tell that it is bug free?

Noticed same problems with drop down boxes as before. And I am not a coder. What are coders going to find then ...

sebastianK:
Why do they tell that it is bug free? Noticed same problems with drop down boxes as before. And I am not a coder. What are coders going to find then ...

It is normal that there are bug (there is no bug free software)

The question is how reliable ro trading it is and how can users handle it. That will be seen in the times to come

I am just wondering how can they declare something with obvious errors a bug free product. Guess what we are paying (nothing) we are getting

Is anybody using metatrader 5 on a live account?

The end of metatader 4 could be similar

That is the question of the century

Judging from the wast amount of metatrader 5 code available - there are probably 2 to 3 traders trading using metatrader 5

The bottom line is we now have this new MT4 and nothing is going to change that so instead of being totally negative lets look to the positive side where ever possible and move on forward. See the screenshot below, this is now the sort of graphic displays that are possible in the new MT4 code, from my point of view as a more visual display orientated type of coder I find this very exciting

Files:
ea.gif  23 kb

Thank you cja,

I would certainly like to see more examples of what we can do now that we could not do before.

regards,

Alex

Reason: