Harmonic Analysis - page 283

irad:
you never mention anything about head and shoulder, anyway I don't trade those.

A lot of people are trading HS. It was jumping on me from the drawing above, but was not mentioned.

I do not trade it, but do see it.

Just for reference if anybody interested, there are some data books avilable out there.

According to Bulkowski´s performance evaluation (in the Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns 2nd edition by Thomas Bulkowski) he rates the HS pattern on a level of 4-7 compared to a DT/DB of 12-15 and wedge pattern closer to 20 (simplified...in the book it is more complex).

But defintely in order to take agressive C entries on 5p HPs, there must be some serious other factors in place for sure (e.g. an abcd, sup/dem level, other well performing patterns etc..)

irad:
Back for now, There is still much more stuff that we can learn from each other, it'll be a shame to leave, It's amazing the progress this thread has been doing since almost last year,

Glad to know that you're back to harmonics irad. I hope you will find more profitability with harmonics and structure than what you have done in the past. Also I'm glad that the thread is still active. Thank to you guys. Let's keep it active as long as it can.

Enanya31:
my first post, was wondering is it a time to entry C-D to south?

Welcome to the thread.

I have been watching the pair for a while. On 240h chart, price (A) broke the structure and then came back down immediately and went down more (B) and then bounced back up at the stair-up resistance. It came back to the A level and bounced (C) and bounced down a bit and constructed a DT. There are two scenarios in my head. One is that if price break the B level, it may be a sign of downside. The other one is that the pair may keep going up because of the previous structure resistance. As for me, it's time to watch how the pair will move.

Files:
eurcadh4.png  51 kb

AudCad D1 developing a bear bat

Chart AUDCAD, D1, 2014.04.27 17:19 UTC, HF Markets Ltd, MetaTrader 4, Demo - MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

The same time H4 potential bull bat (irregular, due to violating C=max 0.886AB)

Chart AUDCAD, H4, 2014.04.27 17:58 UTC, HF Markets Ltd, MetaTrader 4, Demo - MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

The same thing wit a multi time frame screening in MT5:

Chart AUDCAD, H4, 2014.04.27 18:58 UTC, Alpari Limited, MetaTrader 5, Demo - MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

The same on H1:

Chart AUDCAD, H4, 2014.04.27 19:06 UTC, Alpari Limited, MetaTrader 5, Demo - MetaTrader Trading Platform Screenshots

EURAUD daily - Potential bearish cypher and 2618 with reciprocal ABCD confluence. The DT is LDT but something to watch.

Files:

RyuShin:
Welcome to the thread. I have been watching the pair for a while. On 240h chart, price (A) broke the structure and then came back down immediately and went down more (B) and then bounced back up at the stair-up resistance. It came back to the A level and bounced (C) and bounced down a bit and constructed a DT. There are two scenarios in my head. One is that if price break the B level, it may be a sign of downside. The other one is that the pair may keep going up because of the previous structure resistance. As for me, it's time to watch how the pair will move.

Thank you all for input, appreciate.

RyuShin, thanks for your view, it was clear for me where the breakout to upside is, but i had a problem to decide where the breakout to the south lay!

EA 240m still shorting, haven't done much yet, but swap charges are in my favour so I don't mind if it'll run for decades :P

AJ 60m, Bat pattern idea

some will say it's not valid because of the news spike wick, but I'd take that,

I am not looking for perfection, I am looking for certain condition to meet

and I'd say the condition for me to invalid a trade is closing below "A" pivot

irad:
not much into Bitcoin trading, but still be nice to see harmonics working over this market 240m bat pattern

I'd recommend to check out www.tradingview.com/

having charting package for all markets, also having those harmonics tools if you into drawing those.

USDCHF 240H - Potential bullish gartley, cypher and bearish bat.

Files:
usdchfh4.png  46 kb
Reason: