Metatrader known bugs ... - page 92

mladen:
ObjectsTotal(any object type)- causes a "'ObjectsTotal' - ambiguous call to overloaded function" "error" even though the documentation claims it is a "legal" call

Same in build 840

Other form (

[TABLE] int ObjectsTotal(

long chart_id, // chart identifier

int sub_window=-1, // window index

int type=-1 // object type

);

[/TABLE]

works

mladen:
ObjectsTotal(any object type)- causes a "'ObjectsTotal' - ambiguous call to overloaded function" "error" even though the documentation claims it is a "legal" call

Thanks

I was going crazy - difficult to do anything when I start learning and things like that happen

There is a HUGE problem (error, bug, whatever they want to call it, but it most certainly is not an improvement or a "feature") in build 840 :

Build 788 : one opened chart, no indicators = 22MB

Build 840 : one opened chart, no indicators = 164MB

Almost 8 times more - for a blank chart, same symbol, same time frame, same max bars on chart set - 5000 in both cases. Thank you mt

mladen:
There is a HUGE problem (error, bug, whatever they want to call it, but it most certainly is not an improvement or a "feature") in build 840 :

Almost 8 times more - for a blank chart, same symbol, same time frame, same max bars on chart set - 5000 in both cases. Thank you mt

Confirmed.

I created a profile with one chart, 5000 bars, and no indies.

Closed and then opened MetaTrader.

While opening build 840 it used around 40 MB. Once open it THEN ramped up to about 140-144 MB.

It gets weirder: I closed and reopened MetaTrader aqain and it held steady at about 57 MB.

That was logged off. I logged on and it shot up again to 126 then 132 MB

Big Be

Another ill behaviour. Formerly you could not run two Terminals from a single directory (by default), even if you launched two separate terminal.exe copies. Currently, you can launch one 8xx and one 7xx from a single directory concurrently, with usual interference.

mladen:

With back test it is sometimes impossible to back test - memory usage skyrockets in some cases

Good News - Bug Fixed! - Templates in Strategy Tester

Reference: Post 898

Templates in the Strategy Tester are working again in Build 840.

Two versions tested: FinFX and MetaQuotes.

Big Be

P.S. If you notice a bug fixed, please post it!

Back testing is a pain in the a... with build 840

Makes me do no testing

Build 840:

Go to insert->indicators-> and chose any of the indicators

Press cancel in the dialog box

Terminal gets closed

checkin:
Build 840:

Go to insert->indicators-> and chose any of the indicators

Press cancel in the dialog box

Terminal gets closed

What a cool feature!