Metatrader known bugs ... - page 88

They are doing that all the time (they do it with mt5 too) : what works today will not work tomorrow

No downward compatibility at all - work of amateurs

Whoops... The 825 restarted itself just in front of my eyes, on W8.1.

Anyway they announced bug fix release for today. So the "stable" version lived for less than a single trading day.

Ovo:
Whoops... The 825 restarted itself just in front of my eyes, on W8.1. Anyway they announced bug fix release for today. So the "stable" version lived for less than a single trading day.

I do not understand them : how in the name of God the succeed to f...k up each and every new build?

checkin:
I do not understand them : how in the name of God the succeed to f...k up each and every new build?

It is our fail, they relied on us to catch up and report those errors in the beta (as we are probably the only QA they have).

Ovo:
It is our fail, they relied on us to catch up and report those errors in the beta (as we are probably the only QA they have).

They are not relying on us

As soon as you post about an error they deny it (they admit it only if it is as big as a house). They are thinking that users are stupid (and they are partially right when we are controlled with plugins and not trading platforms). And then with each new build they show how "smart" they are

Their priority are plugins and that is what makes this trading platform a crap - they don't care at all about end users - all they care about are brokers (their customers).

checkin:
They are not relying on us

As soon as you post about an error they deny it (they admit it only if it is as big as a house). They are thinking that users are stupid (and they are partially right when we are controlled with plugins and not trading platforms). And then with each new build they show how "smart" they are

Their priority are plugins and that is what makes this trading platform a crap - they don't care at all about end users - all they care about are brokers (their customers).

I meant it sarcasm. Whatever they do, they are supposed to follow standard QA process for software development. I never met a professional product that suffers from reappearing old bugs - once a bug is fixed, the developer is supposed to create a test case to check the bug in every future release.

Ovo:
I meant it sarcasm. Whatever they do, they are supposed to follow standard QA process for software development. I never met a professional product that suffers from reappearing old bugs - once a bug is fixed, the developer is supposed to create a test case to check the bug in every future release.

Sorry, I misundrstood

Agreeing 101% with what you are saying

Chart Initialization

I am finding that new chart initializations are faulty in 825 and earlier releases. if there is not an existing chart with the same symbol in the workspace. If there is, then the initialization works properly. The only reliable workaround I have found is to set up the workspace as you want it, then close MetaTrader and restart it again.

In the attachment above, each chart has the same indicator and EA which are calculating the same values, in the rose background for the indicator and white background for the EA. The chart in the center is correct; the indicator on the left hand chart is incorrect. In addition, notice the lack of graphs. The EA in the chart on the right is incorrect whereas the indicator values in that chart correspond to the middle chart and the graphics are correct also.

While a restart is the only reliable workaround, sometimes switching time frames will correct the initialization problems. If anyone has a solution, please post it. I am wondering if the use of global variables with initialized values is part of the problem. Perhaps the resetting of the values in Init() may remedy the problem?

Files:
may_26.png  137 kb

Still can no apply template in visual back test

Non Standard Functions

Non Standard functions, i.e. functions that return structures, are not cross referenced in the List Function and Methods icon Alt M, and also fail in the Goto Definition, Alt G in the right click drop down menu. Both are interrelated I guess. So what's new, just another missed bug in the system functionality.

Must use the search function to find them.

Reason: