Metatrader known bugs ... - page 87

mladen:
I don't think so Judging from the number of posts on all the mt forums (mt4 and mt5), it simply seems that mt is in a kind of a crisis ( a bit more activity on Russian forums but even those are not what they used to be). That could be a probable cause for not doing things that were (and should be) normal when a new build of some software product is released (like the change log that you mentioned)

They are in a crisis for too long

Serious company would already do something - they are doing all the wrong things

checkin:
They are in a crisis for too long Serious company would already do something - they are doing all the wrong things

It seemed clear to me what their goal was - I believed they started to converge two products into a single one, for reducing maintenance cost. But it did not happen, and I really have no idea what it was for, after the build 509.

Metatrader server behind the real data exactly 1 hour today - perfect for marking perfect trading results

checkin:
Metatrader server behind the real data exactly 1 hour today - perfect for marking perfect trading results

Wow, they are probably testing some software for their customers, i.e. brokers I met this behaviour on a live server of a particular broker, it was like fluently delaying the magnet tape recording until it reached 2 minute delay. You would not notice it, unless you traded two brokers on a single screen side by side. 30 minutes later they fixed the charts.

Ovo:
Wow, they are probably testing some software for their customers, i.e. brokers I met this behaviour on a live server of a particular broker, it was like fluently delaying the magnet tape recording until it reached 2 minute delay. You would not notice it, unless you traded two brokers on a single screen side by side. 30 minutes later they fixed the charts.

Shhhhhh ... those words can not be mentioned or the big brother comes and threatens with all sorts of God punishments _____________________

PS: when I started trading using metatrader (in 2007) you could do that kind of stuff on oanda (they were freezing data on big news but you could enter an order using their current prices that were way of the market prices). Can not be done there any more

Build 825 :

1. can not add templates to back test - ea back test or indicator back test - does not matter

2. it frequently closes itself with no reason at all

Same thing with all the previous builds : wait for build 9999

checkin:
Build 825 :

1. can not add templates to back test - ea back test or indicator back test - does not matter

2. it frequently closes itself with no reason at all

Same thing with all the previous builds : wait for build 9999

It seems the self-closing issue is reported only with Windows XP. I was surprised it had been still in use somewhere.

Ovo:
It seems the self-closing issue is reported only with Windows XP. I was surprised it had been still in use somewhere.

Not windows XP

Windows 8 (even legal )

Ovo:

PS: I saw those posts today. It is not my OS (windows 8) restarting without any reason. It is metatrader b825 restarting without any reason (frequently when I want to start a back test, but not just then - there is no rule of thumb)

Anyway, I would like to know how did they make XP crash when an application starts. Haven't seen that in a long time (ever since antiviruses became better). If I had to bet, people were forced to tell to their antivirus that it is not an antivirus when they started terminal (so that they could work), but who knows ...

I encountered another change.

I used to re-start the terminal by a script, just with a simple sequence of a "close" and a "run" commands. It worked even though the application started loading earlier than the closing one finished.

With 825, it does not launch any more.

Reason: