Metatrader known bugs ... - page 91

Big Be:
How? Can you show us?

Create an object with build 830 and compare it to same object created with older builds

Linear regression channel in build 830 - no ray for outer channel - only central line (worked just fine before this build)

Files:
no_ray.gif  32 kb

What version of MT4 is the earliest, or best, to run that still functions with exchange servers and is still compatible older code floating around? Thanks

jren:
What version of MT4 is the earliest, or best, to run that still functions with exchange servers and is still compatible older code floating around? Thanks

Does not matter : you can not use build bellow 745 now, and they are going to shift it further up - so in the end you shall have no choice

Every now and then - when I edit multiple files - metaeditor tells me that some file is write protected and attempts to save it as mt5 instead of mt4 (and does not allow me to use mt4 extension). The only way to restore the normal state is to close that file and do the thing again, or to use the "save as"

checkin:
Every now and then - when I edit multiple files - metaeditor tells me that some file is write protected and attempts to save it as mt5 instead of mt4 (and does not allow me to use mt4 extension). The only way to restore the normal state is to close that file and do the thing again, or to use the "save as"

Wel, metaeditor is for sure not the best part of metatrader (starting from a clumsy autocomplete). Maybe one day they make it a good coding editor. Who knows? Anything can happen

checkin:

That started when they started using the same metaeditor for mt4 and mt5. In some case it does not know the difference which mql should it use. It is one of the bug causes in ex4 files

For the new build 840 they finally posted change log too. Changes are mainly cosmetic with some array function corrections. What was interesting for us (the errors noted so far) are not mentioned. We shall see on Friday

techmac:
For the new build 840 they finally posted change log too. Changes are mainly cosmetic with some array function corrections. What was interesting for us (the errors noted so far) are not mentioned. We shall see on Friday

Some errors in the change log of announced build 840 are already solved (like the error with linear regression channel and ray property - it was solved in build 831). So why telling that it is solved in build 840?

The other changes listed in tha change log are mainly about the market - nothing significant from the normal user side. My guess is that they were changing more on the server side than on user side

ObjectsTotal(any object type)- causes a "'ObjectsTotal' - ambiguous call to overloaded function" "error" even though the documentation claims it is a "legal" call

Reason: