Metatrader known bugs ... - page 97

There are No Updates MT4 platform's to 'next version' Build 845

I don''t understand why the Brokers didn't do it ?

It's too long a wait... so finally I decided my (Real) terminal forced to wear.

Let's see what happens later ???

Files:

cja:
Here is a message I have never seen before? MT4 build 840 Demo, I have not tried it on a later build. I shutdown the platform and restarted it and the message is no longer appearing? Any ideas? If this means we that we will have to start writing code like the some of the stunning examples on the MetaQuotes site just so the indicators will run then I think we may all be in very serious trouble.

It looks more like integer overflow, perhaps they use GetTickCount to measure performance, which overflows once in 50 days.

cja:
Here is a message I have never seen before? MT4 build 840 Demo, I have not tried it on a later build. I shutdown the platform and restarted it and the message is no longer appearing? Any ideas? If this means that we will have to start writing code like the some of the stunning examples on the MetaQuotes site just so the indicators will run then I think we may all be in very serious trouble. On a more positive note at least it says please.

That is more than 2,7 million seconds for supposed execution - 45.000 hours - 1.875 days - 5,1 years.

They better check their math instead of throwing out nonsense "warnings". And what is the purpose of measuring the execution time if not to slow down the whole thing? No wonder that it is slower and slower and with more memory usage with each new build

techmac:
That is more than 2,7 million seconds for supposed execution - 45.000 hours - 1.875 days - 5,1 years. They better check their math instead of throwing out nonsense "warnings". And what is the purpose of measuring the execution time if not to slow down the whole thing? No wonder that it is slower and slower and with more memory usage with each new build

That is yet another bug

But you are probably right : adding execution time checking part can just slow down the whole process (not much, but it can). The question is : why did they thought that it is needed?

mladen:
That is yet another bug But you are probably right : adding execution time checking part can just slow down the whole process (not much, but it can). The question is : why did they thought that it is needed?

My question is simple : if they can not make a simple timer (end time - start time == execution time), then what about the rest?

techmac:
That is more than 2,7 million seconds for supposed execution - 45.000 hours - 1.875 days - 5,1 years. They better check their math instead of throwing out nonsense "warnings". And what is the purpose of measuring the execution time if not to slow down the whole thing? No wonder that it is slower and slower and with more memory usage with each new build

Just a small correction - 2.7 mio seconds is close to 30 days.

Ovo:
Just a small correction - 2.7 mio seconds is close to 30 days.

Yep. You are right

But so far I haven't seen an indicator that takes a month to process a tick and by all means not the one that cja used when he found that bug

Here is a message I have never seen before? MT4 build 840 Demo, I have not tried it on a later build. I shutdown the platform and restarted it and the message is no longer appearing? Any ideas? If this means that we will have to start writing code like the some of the stunning examples on the MetaQuotes site just so the indicators will run then I think we may all be in very serious trouble. On a more positive note at least it says please.

Files:
list.png  23 kb

mt made a "video" of how wonderful the signals are. I wonder how are they going to explain 20-30 pips price difference and 5 minutes lag on their own serve. that are going to be some "signals" that will wipe your account in seconds, but of course, mt is not responsible for that, even though the server for those "signals" is their demo server. One more bs

checkin:
mt made a "video" of how wonderful the signals are. I wonder how are they going to explain 20-30 pips price difference and 5 minutes lag on their own serve. that are going to be some "signals" that will wipe your account in seconds, but of course, mt is not responsible for that, even though the server for those "signals" is their demo server. One more bs

Though I have no intention to watch the video, I wonder if someone shares my felling about the signals - for me it is a place where amateurs help brokers to scam other amateurs.

Reason: