Indicators with alerts/signal - page 658

btgtrader:
Strange thing, mladen -- when I put it on M1 to test (since there's lots of skips), I don't get a single alert but when I switch around to different TF, H4 for example, I get an alert. However, the alert on H4 isn't correct because although the channel is pointing down, that candle still hasn't closed yet so there shouldn't be an alarm yet. Let me know if I'm not clear and I'll explain better.

btgtrader

The indicator is taking into account one thing and one thing only. If the value goes up it considers it to be a trend up and will continue considering it as trend up to a point when a first change of value down happens. And vice versa.

So, a new "step" does not necessarily mean a change in trend. If the "step" is in the same direction as the previous "step" there will be no alert. Only if the directions are different the alert will be triggered

Hello guys, i'm trading on William % range indicator of default MT4. I'm getting crazy to looking for what i need!! Can someone please make 2 modifies?

1) add alert when the indicator crosses FROM below to above a level (let's say -80)then when it turns from oversold level and crosses -80 above; and when crosses from above to below a level (let's say -20) then from overbought level to the -20 level just below. For now i found only an alert when indicator crosses -80 from above and -20 from below. I need the opposite

2) is possible to have a different color ONLY for the last leg of the indicator (the leg which repaints until the current candle hasn't finished)? Then it turns on default color level waiting for the next leg forming (in the different colour)

Thank you very very much, and sorry if it already exists but i cannot find it...

mladen:
btgtrader

The indicator is taking into account one thing and one thing only. If the value goes up it considers it to be a trend up and will continue considering it as trend up to a point when a first change of value down happens. And vice versa.

So, a new "step" does not necessarily mean a change in trend. If the "step" is in the same direction as the previous "step" there will be no alert. Only if the directions are different the alert will be triggered

Ohhh I see. Okay, the way I trade using your indicator, I would need to be notified after each skip (and once that candle has closed so that the skip is there to stay).

Would you possibly code the alert that way? I would really appreciate it because that's the only way I'm currently using this indicator. Thank you.

Edit: I can definitely see the value of just having that initial alert however, would you please make it so that it is only after that candle has closed? The reason I ask is because that way I'll get that initial alert, only if the skip is there to stay. Also, I would definitely appreciate the other alert type too -- that is, after each skip and close. Thank you very much, mladen

btgtrader:
Ohhh I see. Okay, the way I trade using your indicator, I would need to be notified after each skip (and once that candle has closed so that the skip is there to stay).

Would you possibly code the alert that way? I would really appreciate it because that's the only way I'm currently using this indicator. Thank you.

Edit: I can definitely see the value of just having that initial alert however, would you please make it so that it is only after that candle has closed? The reason I ask is because that way I'll get that initial alert, only if the skip is there to stay. Also, I would definitely appreciate the other alert type too -- that is, after each skip and close. Thank you very much, mladen

btgtrader

In this one if you set the alertsOnEachChange to true it will do what you want. Also to prevent false signals, make sure that the alertsOnCurrent is set to false

mladen:
btgtrader In this one if you set the alertsOnEachChange to true it will do what you want. Also to prevent false signals, make sure that the alertsOnCurrent is set to false

The 1.01 is working exactly as I need it (each skip and close).

Would you please also code the version that does the alert only at the beginning of trend only? (but with skip AND close)

Thanks a lot mladen.

btgtrader:
The 1.01 is working exactly as I need it (each skip and close).

Would you please also code the version that does the alert only at the beginning of trend only? (but with skip AND close)

Thanks a lot mladen.

btgtrader

If you set the alertsOnEachChange to false and alertsOnCurrent to false, it will work exactly as you describe it. So it only depends on parameters how it will work. No need for a new indicator

mladen:
btgtrader If you set the alertsOnEachChange to false and alertsOnCurrent to false, it will work exactly as you describe it. So it only depends on parameters how it will work. No need for a new indicator

Oh I gotcha, so this version already waits for the close. Thank you so much, you're the man.

stochastic.mq4

Team,

This is an old fashion Stochastic indicator with no strings attached.. could we please add arrow alerts on the crossing of Stochastic with MTF..

Thanks

Files:

mrtools:
Hello Alessandromagno, have this version which should take care of your first request, about your second request don't think its possible.

Mr. Tools,

Thank you again for all the wonderful work you and Mladen are doing here. You are indeed helping us greatly in this business.

Please, I attach your wpr mtf indicator, could you help me also to make the indicator either show arrow on chart when ema 21 or any other MA crosses up or down? I believe it will help to confirm sloping of the wpr.

(2) I would also cherish your help if the crossing is also made to show in histogram on the sub-window. Kindly make the histogram an option so that the trader will either choose histogram on sub-window or arrows on the chart.

I attach a chart showing the arrow sample of the indicator with my setting period of 89 attached to a daily timeframe and viewed on 1 hr timeframe for your perusal.

Accept always my sincere appreciation in advance.

Okoli

mrtools:
Hello Alessandromagno, have this version which should take care of your first request, about your second request don't think its possible.

Thank you very much for your work, i will try!!!

Reason: