Indicators with alerts/signal - page 659

Bozhe82
Bozhe82  

mrtools, Thank you very much. Only a request: can you put again the option to choose the timeframe for menu?

probie
probie  
mladen:
probie

That version (the one with 3 colors) is simply a repainting version (set the period to a very short period and you will see that it will show wrong colors for a slope - like on the example picture with period set to 3 - conditions in that code should allow yellow color only when two values are the same (that can easily be checked in the code conditions), but, due to coding error it is showing that yellow color even when it is not so). Attaching a modified version of the previous (the one that does not repaint) that will show white color, but it will show it in one case and in one case only : when the two consecutive values of the linear regression value (LSMA is in fact linear regression value) are exactly the same. That will happen in a very, very rare occasions (maybe once or twice on a several thousand bars) - it is simply the nature of the comparison and do not be alarmed that you will probably not see a white color

I would avoid that 3 color version for a simple fact that it repaints, but then, you decide. If it was to be corrected, it would have to show the colors the same way as the "nrp" version does

oh i see , is it possible that the 3 color lsma get an alert too somehow i experienced with it the yellow color always came up before the change on green to red and vice versa

William Snyder
William Snyder  
Luca82:
mrtools, Thank you very much. Only a request: can you put again the option to choose the timeframe for menu?

It's there, its the first parameter extern string TimeFrame = "current time frame", just change it to whatever time frame you choose.

Bozhe82
Bozhe82  

ok, i tested the indicator in the strategy tester, everything is ok! Thank you very much!

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
probie:
oh i see , is it possible that the 3 color lsma get an alert too somehow i experienced with it the yellow color always came up before the change on green to red and vice versa

Sorry,

As I said it is a repainting indicator (and that is why it is showing yellow color on history before the change of color - in real time it will not do so) and when all that needs to be corrected is corrected it must work as the nrp version. Alerts on a repainting indicator are a bad idea in general

probie
probie  
mladen:
Sorry, As I said it is a repainting indicator (and that is why it is showing yellow color on history before the change of color - in real time it will not do so) and when all that needs to be corrected is corrected it must work as the nrp version. Alerts on a repainting indicator are a bad idea in general

ok then thanks for everything mladen

Miss
Miss  

Alert

Hi Mr Tool and Mladen, could you please set alert for this indicator..dc_signals.mq4dc_signals.mq4

Thanks in advance.

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Miss:
Hi Mr Tool and Mladen, could you please set alert for this indicator..dc_signals.mq4dc_signals.mq4 Thanks in advance.

Miss

Apart from having 6 possible types of alerts (in some cases 2 or 3 as far as I see oposite signals happining on the same bar), how is that indicator actually used?

Files:
dc.gif 43 kb
cesande
cesande  
mrtools:
Ces, about your first question, think it was a problem with the candles themselves, but not for sure, anyway did a little changing on the candle drawing and it seems better to me now, both alert wise and candle drawing wise.

Sirs...

Is there anything you can look into with the painting of the CCI candles?

I am seeing often times when the CCI color will be green (for example) when the price candle is red.

There are other times when changing time frames that I get odd CCI candles plotted on the screen.

Also happens after a long period of having the chart running.

CCI_1 = Live on the chart

CCI_2 = After changing from current time frame to another and then back.

CCI_3 = I see this 'sometimes' after leaving charts run for a long time or other times when I change time frames.

Thanks for anything you can do to clean this printing of the candle colors up.

Files:
William Snyder
William Snyder  
cesande:
Sirs...

Is there anything you can look into with the painting of the CCI candles?

I am seeing often times when the CCI color will be green (for example) when the price candle is red.

There are other times when changing time frames that I get odd CCI candles plotted on the screen.

Also happens after a long period of having the chart running.

CCI_1 = Live on the chart

CCI_2 = After changing from current time frame to another and then back.

CCI_3 = I see this 'sometimes' after leaving charts run for a long time or other times when I change time frames.

Thanks for anything you can do to clean this printing of the candle colors up.

Cesande,

Coded these a little differently, looks like it may be better according to my testing so far.

Files: