Indicators with alerts/signal - page 296

need to trace the bug source

MKRoxton:
THANKS!

I have test this Expert Advisor. On many tests the position was close to late, sometimes over 20 seconds... Why ist that so? Sometimes this Expert Advisor ist function 100% - well done - but not at all moments. Can you fix the bug hawk248?

I think, the Expert Advisor works with the Tick of Meta Trader 4. Can you help me?

Very thanks hawk248!

you are right the EA works on tick and it is the problem

basically the current time of the mt4 return the last know server (broker) time

which updates only on tick

so theoretically if u had to tick for ah hour then trades wont close for an hour

but that is ofcourse an extreme example

but on the other hand if there is no incoming tick then the price is unchanged and you don't loose anything due to the delay

20 second delay is way too much i think

i had systems getting in an out of trades in less than a second on same broker

pls try to find out when these delays happen

is it during the news releases?

or when you have a lot of trades opened?

HELP!! Alert For This Indicator Please!

Could someone please look at this code to see if it's possible to put an alert so it will sound when the the arrow is placed on the chart. I searched and looked for this indicator with an alert at a few places but did not find one. It has a an input for something called "Numberofalerts". I am not sure what that means. If you download this indicator and look under the inputs you will see what I am talking about. Just a straight up alert that you could set to true or false would be nice. Many thanks in advance!!

God Bless & Great Trading

-Faith Trader

Files:

The result of my trading with this EA.

Hi hawk248,

I'am trading only 1 position, not more positions on one time.

I will trading the news, but the test by this ea is not on the news releases times.

But I have test it - and the broker (MB-Trading) have a very bad server-connection to my PC. Price-moves comes very late, only every 5 to 20 seconds. I will search now a other broker to test this Expert Advisor.

But my idea is now: Can we not force a tick from to broker?

THANKS for very good help!

MKRoxton

MKRoxton:
Hi hawk248,

I'am trading only 1 position, not more positions on one time.

I will trading the news, but the test by this ea is not on the news releases times.

But I have test it - and the broker (MB-Trading) have a very bad server-connection to my PC. Price-moves comes very late, only every 5 to 20 seconds. I will search now a other broker to test this Expert Advisor.

But my idea is now: Can we not force a tick from to broker?

THANKS for very good help!

MKRoxton

well yes we can, there is a way...

but it will not help you in this case

the time that metatrader shows is the broker time

which is the time of the last tick received from broker

which will of course stay the same until the next tick

i think the best solution for you is to find a brocker that will send ticks more often

well if that doesn't work there is another solution

if u only have 1 trade at a time then the system can go into sleep mode for 60 seconds after registering a trade and then close the trade when it wakes up

another solution

use a broker with 5 digits,and also show all the symbols in the market watch. it is highly unlikely that the time will not update every second.

another idea

I think mihai got the right idea

the latest time should be updated with the tick from any instrument

so try to get the broker with more instruments (currency pairs)

and 5 digit aswell, so that you'll get updates more often

i have attached v2 of the EA this will not work on tick

but will check the time at the specified frequency in milliseconds

200 for default

let me know how it goes

Files:

Thanks for v2 of this EA!

Hi hawk248,

thanks for v2 of this EA.

All of my Brokers, woh I have a demo-Account have 5 digits, but by all very bad refresh times. :-(

I will now make a test on Monday with the "v2 EA" and will have open more Currency pairs in other charts.

Thanks and have a happy weekend!

P.S. Know one here a good ECN-Broker which have many often ticks?

MKRoxton

help

Can someone pls help me create an EA out of this indicator?

I just need it to buy when green and sell when red, stop loss should be 40 and take profit should be 100 pips, breakeven at 40 pips. ( or the field should be left optional for me to set whatever i like sl n target that i want)

I'll be glad if someone can help me with this

Files:

kol8701:
Can someone pls help me create an EA out of this indicator?

I just need it to buy when green and sell when red, stop loss should be 40 and take profit should be 100 pips, breakeven at 40 pips. ( or the field should be left optional for me to set whatever i like sl n target that i want)

I'll be glad if someone can help me with this

Here ya go. Please use Email Alert version attached,

If you appreciate the work, donate in my signature below.

thanks alot.

unclepips:
Here ya go. Please use Email Alert version attached, If you appreciate the work, donate in my signature below.

I'll run it on demo for testing. thanks alot. I'll get in touch soon.

Reason: