Every tick vs Every tick based on real ticks

Hi!, I am testing one EA that works on Time frame M5. With Every tick back test mode the result is great, but if I use Every tick based on real ticks the result is bad, why??. the difference is very big. My broker is ***

Thanks!

Mark :

Hi!, I am testing one EA that works on Time frame M5. With Every tick back test mode the result is great, but if I use Every tick based on real ticks the result is bad, why??. the difference is very big. My broker is ***

Thanks!

Because the logic of the Expert Advisor does not fit the given Symbol and the given Timeframe.

It has nothing to do with symbol or timeframe. Every tick are ticks generated in a specific way based on a candle unlike real ticks. Because the way ticks are generated it is very prone to tester grails.

Mark:

Thanks!

i would have more confidence in an ea that shows good results during a backtest that is "every tick based on real ticks", than on the other one. So if that test is crap, i would discard that ea. do not assume it is the brokers fault.

OR, try the same ea on a different broker, it may be more suited to a different broker. every broker has different volatility in its ticks, and the connection quality to the broker is more important than that even, so dont assume it is your broker.

Thanks!

This EA is one of the most popular, and only works one hour per day, from 00:00 - 1:00 (GMT+3 broker), the results with Every tick are amazing...but the results with Every tick based on real ticks are bad. I do not know if I can trust in this EA, for me is really extrange a difference so big in the results...

Would you use this EA in a Real Account??

Mark:

Thanks!

This EA is one of the most popular, and only works one hour per day, from 00:00 - 1:00 (GMT+3 broker), the results with Every tick are amazing...but the results with Every tick based on real ticks are bad. I do not know if I can trust in this EA, for me is really extrange a difference so big in the results...

Would you use this EA in a Real Account??

all depends on the quality of the ticks you have downloaded from your broker. If you have only downloaded a weeks worth of data, but you try to do a backtest for a month, then your results will be crap. there are lots of reasons for big difference between those 2 backtest settings. But normally those arent much different. the one "based on real ticks" tends to be better for simulating scalping. but there is many reasons for differences between the 2 backtests. I do not have enuf information to make advice.

Reason: