THE CABLE System RAS ID:30323 - page 12

mm

Is this "Cable" the White Raven under the EAs ?

I have never seen an EA that withstood the test of time !

But I have seen 100s that come and went, to never been heard of again.

But this Cable .... it may be a highflyer.

Pipperoni:
Is this "Cable" the White Raven under the EAs ?

I have never seen an EA that withstood the test of time !

But I have seen 100s that come and went, to never been heard of again.

But this Cable .... it may be a highflyer.

There are EAs that are good. Some people/books say that EAs do not work but they haven't seen any good ones, that's why they say it. I'm a strong believer of auto-trading.

In short never trust the books, they are only communicating their own limited experiences...

I'm not saying that this one is good or bad, I'm only saying that some EAs do infact work...

Good luck

Signal fine for now but RAS EA just isn't reliable

I must state the signal sounds fine for now. But I must inform the provider I'm having serious issues with it.

Two weeks ago I have let RAS know that I trade volumes that are not the signals one. This occurs on partial closes. When the signal opens 10 units (ie 1 lot) and successively closes 1 and 1 (ie 0.1 and 0.1). The signal I receive is for 1.1 then for 0.9 (0.11 & 0.09). Probably a rounding issue with "double" type. But since my account can't accept values less 0.1 lot, I get a full close instead of a partial one. No solution found during this time and this week-end update did not solve the issue.

The second main issue is new from tonight (would that be this week-end update ?), RAS opened the trades on my account with a large difference from the original signal. One with -12 pips, the other with -35 pips difference from your original signal. Great. I've already lost money on your first partial close

On another account, I got only 2 trades out of 7 that were placed.

If you miss paying customers, you know why now.

kassec:
I must state the signal sounds fine for now. But I must inform the provider I'm having serious issues with it.

Two weeks ago I have let RAS know that I trade volumes that are not the signals one. This occurs on partial closes. When the signal opens 10 units (ie 1 lot) and successively closes 1 and 1 (ie 0.1 and 0.1). The signal I receive is for 1.1 then for 0.9 (0.11 & 0.09). Probably a rounding issue with "double" type. But since my account can't accept values less 0.1 lot, I get a full close instead of a partial one. No solution found during this time and this week-end update did not solve the issue.

The second main issue is new from tonight (would that be this week-end update ?), RAS opened the trades on my account with a large difference from the original signal. One with -12 pips, the other with -35 pips difference from your original signal. Great. I've already lost money on your first partial close

On another account, I got only 2 trades out of 7 that were placed.

If you miss paying customers, you know why now.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Guys,

I have similar issues here on my side as well.

Just look at todays trading so far, I had 5 x loosers while Floortrader had only 1 x

I also had a very large 0.17 lot trade ending in a $55 loss. This might be the one kassec had the issue with as well.

So I do not know what is happening but for sure the signals are not copied over correctly.

Even taking into account internet latency.

I have high speed cable connection and no issues with speed.

Also I just cannot get this EA to work on GoMarkets at all. Does anyone else has similar experience?

I alwasy get these error messages when the EA wants to place an order:

rentasignal GBPUSD Order creation error, type=buy Symbol =GBPUSD Price (whatever) S/L (whatever) T/P (whatever) : 130 Invalid stops

All errors are : 130

Floortrader what is your opinion on all of these?

Scared now to go on full LIVE account if the signal copying is not reliable.

I am only using the EA for 3 days now but I had already 8 x losing trades versus 1 x on your records.

How can this be?

Error 130?

Check if your broker is ecn or not, and use stp = true in the settings (if ecn). And update RAS EA to the version #2.08.

It is my trades for this signal for today (FXCM broker, stp = true, multiplier =1):

2 or 3 trades were missed because of different price (it was written on the chart).

Files:

newdigital:
Error 130?

Check if your broker is ecn or not, and use stp = true in the settings (if ecn). And update RAS EA to the version #2.08.

It is my trades for this signal for today (FXCM broker, stp = true, multiplier =1):

2 or 3 trades were missed because of different price (it was written on the chart).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks Newdigital,

I changed the settings to ECN = true. I think GoMarkets claims that they are like ECN brokers. Will see.

I have the 0.17 trade opened at 1.59658 and closed at 1.59578 this is the one which was a large loss today.

Completely different to the one you have.

One more thing I want to ask, do you think we should keep this setting on true?

== > buyer open old trades. Maybe this is the one causing some of those rogue trades

What will this do exactly? Might open old trades which no longer should be opened.

Frank

Thanks Newdigital,

After changing the settings to ECN it worked and works very well ever since.

Yes GoMarkets is an ECN type broker. No more errors all week.

I am running 4 setups .

1 x 5K DEMO on Alpari UK

some trades did not copy over correctly, and/or closed incorrectly. Not the right size lot. Due to this, there are some error messages when a partial closure supposed to happen, since the original order is missing.

1 x 3K DEMO on GoMarkets

1 x 5K DEMO on GoMarkets

1 x 10K DEMO on GoMarkets.

All 3 accounts are extremly good and copies all trades correctly and faster than Alpari UK,

All trades also make a larger profit per trade due to lower spreads, The difference is substantial. 10% more profit on identical trades than on Alpari,

Floortrader, astonishing recovery today, Well done, congratulation.

What I found is that this system really only suitable for a 10K account to be safe with the margin, due to fairly large size lots being traded. Even on 500: 1 setups.

I will go on a real LIVE setup probably next week on a 10K account with GoMarkets.

Frank

Hi nubika,

So what we are saying here is if one wants to start with $ 3000 one needs to open a nano account. A micro account will not work and will give you 'error 130' because of the partial closures of trades. "Go Markets" and "Alpari UK" will give you the nano account facilities. Also one need to attach the EA to the 5 min chart if I read correctly. And the Broker needs to be an ECN. I am with FXPro and they do not support a micro never mind a nano account and thus the "Cable" trading EA does not work as designed. 'Go Markets" has only a 30 day demo facility. Hmmm....I would have liked to have it a tad longer than that. And you prefer Go Markets to Alpari only because it is in your home town or do you find more advantages with them?

Let me know,

thanks manfred

manfred:
Hi nubika,

So what we are saying here is if one wants to start with $ 3000 one needs to open a nano account. A micro account will not work and will give you 'error 130' because of the partial closures of trades. "Go Markets" and "Alpari UK" will give you the nano account facilities. Also one need to attach the EA to the 5 min chart if I read correctly. And the Broker needs to be an ECN. I am with FXPro and they do not support a micro never mind a nano account and thus the "Cable" trading EA does not work as designed. 'Go Markets" has only a 30 day demo facility. Hmmm....I would have liked to have it a tad longer than that. And you prefer Go Markets to Alpari only because it is in your home town or do you find more advantages with them?

Let me know,

thanks manfred

Hi Manfred,

The reason I am saying that this EA really suits a $10K account is because of the large lot sizes it uses initially when trades opened. Then it gradually scales down as long as it is in the right direction.

(Error 130 was because I did not set the broker to ECN type in the EA, now it works all the time even when partial closures happen. No more issues.)

I just opened the LIVE GoMarkets account yesterday and started with the EA. I wish I had the account opened from Monday, I would have done $1400 profit.

(What I found that almost all the time the EA goes into a huge positive equity, but not closing it, but let the trades ride and gradually scales out, but this way you loose a lot of the large profits. So in other words this EA would be even more profitable if profits would betaken earlier. Never the less it is very good as it is and will keep making profits. If I see large $500 + profits I always close the open trades from now on.)

The reason I like GoMarkets is not only because they are Australian, but they are ECN type, no dealing desk, Super fast execution and no requotes at all. As I mentioned, I was running GoMarkets and Alpari parallel for a while now.The profit on GoMarkets for the same trades were always 10% better than on Alpari, so overall you make 10% more with GoMarkets at the end of the month.

I run Alpari UK DEMOs on 3K, 5k, and 10K. On the 3K account when trades were open, the Margin percent was always under 1000% and I am not comfortable with that. 5k was better but the best is to have 10K account so you are comfortable with the margins.

I only found out when I opened the GoMarkets account that you can only have a $10K account MAX with 500:1 leverage. As soon as the account balance goes over the 10K they switch you to 300:1. So you really need to keep an eye on your account balance and keep it under the 10K.

(I started with $7k because of this.)

By the way it only took me 2 hours to open 2 LIVE accounts and fund them. Very good customer service. They reply to your e-mails within a few minutes.

Yes I am not happy as well that they only have 30 days demo.

I will still keep my Alpari LIVE account as well. They allow higher account balance on the Mini accounts with 500:1 leverage.

Frank

Hi nubika,

Thank you for your reply.

I have downloaded a demo from Go Markets and Alpari UK. I will compare them for a month. I have noticed though that Alpari spreads are much tighter then Go Markets. But that could have been only for the times I checked.

You are mentioning something about the ECN parameter. Could you please direct me to where I need to set the ECN parameter in the EA.

Then there is one other parameter in the EA that I do not find a satisfactory explanation for. Would you have an answer to that?

That is under "Advanced Parameters".The working time Start and End time are set to 7 and 16. Does it mean 7 and 16 GMT? Could one widen the gap for more trades? Sleep excluded?

I am a subscriber since Monday (but trade on a Demo account) and also found that one should close the trades one by one when they have reached a satisfactory profit. This "greed" thing is deeply rooted. ;-) if you know what I mean.

Cheers for now and Happy Pips.

manfred

Reason: