Ilan-TrioKS v1.45 - /English Version/ - The new SUPER Expert Advisor. - page 2

ERROR 130 is classic invalid stops issue check your stops not lots . whatever sl you are keeping when the modify routine is called the broker doesn't accept it .

-guyver

1 Sep 2010 is deadly for this EA

On 1th of September 2010 EURUSD and GBPUSD are crashing, even if volatility is nice green, this EA does only sell, runs the Equity below 1K, and stops out. What to do to get it buying in that moment to know would be good, hope the inventor could advise.

The Error (OrderModify Error 130) is caused if Trailing stop is true and no combination of parameters there does stop that error. Seems the Inventor needs to do some work more.

Use Alpari NZ demo by the way.

1th of September 2010 is deadly for this EA

Having tested it now with EURUSD and GBPUSD (15 Min, Alpari Backtesting) it causes with different setups nice plus, ONLY when reaching 1th Of September 2010 it crashes always. It starts to sell only when volatility is fine green, and runs Equity below 1K and stops out. Maybe the inventor can advise on which settings will survive that 1th Sept morning...

That error 130 is caused when Trailing Stop is enabled and no parameter variant can help to overcome this error... Again maybe only the inventor can help here out.

Anyway an interesting EA, reached in backtesting more as 10K plus in 3 days but then 1th Sept was eating all 20K ... Maybe to use this EA only under strong visual control and to close it when something starts to get wrong... better would be if that EA would correct those Errors like above itself in time...

LenaB:

That error 130 is caused when Trailing Stop is enabled and no parameter variant can help to overcome this error... Again maybe only the inventor can help here out.

In the meantime while waiting for the inventor you may want to increase the trailing stop value to see if that helps most brokers do not allow small TS ( trailing stops )

-guyver

I am sorry but as I wrote I did that from 16 to 100 and nothing helped..

Guyver:
In the meantime while waiting for the inventor you may want to increase the trailing stop value to see if that helps most brokers do not allow small TS ( trailing stops ) -guyver

LenaB:
I am sorry but as I wrote I did that from 16 to 100 and nothing helped..

Hi LenaB:

Download the ea from Post 6 of this thread and try again with a new fresh copy . I just tried it didn't found any errors . Try on IBFX micro account that supports 0.01 or try on Fxpro but then change the lot size to 0.1 it may produce Error 131 on fxpro as you run it cause the lots are multiplying and increasing very fast. Have not found any 130 errors as well for trailing stops for testing sake it is working. Hopefully the author will be back soon to answer any questions

-guyver.

The super need reverse option

This EA need reverse option, please add this function....thk

Overall, out of all the martingale EAs, I find this to be one of the better ones. I've tested this EA on many currencies over random months and it produces pretty good results.

However, there are times in which it nearly caused a margin call. On a 10k account, after it gained about 2-3k, there was a large drawdown that let the account balance be around 3k (basically a 10k drawdown).

BUT, I think this could be easily solved. After looking at the trading history, it seemed like each time there was a huge drawdown, there was a basket of about three trades. In other words, the max amount of lots that each trade set reached was about 0.8. You would have to have a decent amount of drawdown to reach that level. However, if you have 3 or more different trade sets that reaches 0.8 right next to each other, the drawdown could be huge.

Maybe if the EA just focused on one trade set to reach profit before opening up more trade sets, then the drawdown shouldn't be so bad.

(This is only an observation and I could be understanding it completely wrong. That's just what I understood from the equity curve and lot management)

Reverse

But do you not believe that count with REVERSE is better?

45weeks:
But do you not believe that count with REVERSE is better?

Actually who knows. Both ideas could be good. Reverse might work better at some times with different currency pairs; while just having a max trade set of 1-3 (going down the exponents levels of 8-10 as it does sometimes) could be better at other times. Either way it's just good money management skills that COULD make it better. Right?

Reason: