Fozzy system - page 24

Weekly updated visual (forward trading) statement for Fozzy system for

AUDUSD, D1 timeframe:

----------------------

Visual statement is forward testing/trading results.

More about it:

Signal Performance Factor and visual statements: this post with the explanation and on those 2 posts as detailed comments: this post and this one.

Fozzy variation

ND,

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I have a couple of points to share. I've been trying to test fozzy for the past week or so.

1. i keep getting ordersend error #0, using default settings as well as various lot/tp/sl settings with 2 brokers (gomarkets and gft), fozzy 1.3 and 1.2

2. i want to add further filtering to the ea

Pls let me know if I should post elsewhere for the above. Tx.

Hi gman07,

I am still using 1.2 version for D1 timeframe for Alpari:

and it is my settings (settings are same one but just magic number is different for different pair:

EA is profitable for some pairs and consistently profitable for AUDUSD.

May be - this EA should be improved for ECN?

gomarkets and gft are ecn/stp brokers?

because I am using this EA for Alpari NZ with non-ecn account.

As to further filtering ... EA is not trading often for D1 and if we will add some more filtering so it will be 1 or 2 trades in a month

Anyway - if you have some idea about any indicator to add as a additional filter so let me know.

May be - you are right - it is the time now to improve this EA.

And some links which may be usefull for improvement.

all links to Fozzy (indicator, EA, settings ...):

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page2

some explanation about how to trade this system manually - may be good to understand about how this EA works for possible improvement:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175624

thanks ND,

Yes i think it would be a good idea to have an on/off switch for ecn broker. I'm no programmer but have somewhat limited knowledge to chop and change code.

The filter i applied to the method is 2 ma's, 8 lwma close and 10 lwma open. Since these ma's are faster, it allows me to trade the trending pairs on 4hr tf and therefore more trades. Visual testing for this has proved successful on the 4hr tf. However i do not need the BB indi so this is a variation to fozzy.

More details with images to follow shortly...

Weekly updated visual (forward trading) statement for Fozzy system for

AUDUSD, D1 timeframe:

----------------------

Visual statement is forward testing/trading results.

More about it:

Signal Performance Factor and visual statements: this post with the explanation and on those 2 posts as detailed comments: this post and this one.

Files:

gman07:
thanks ND,

Yes i think it would be a good idea to have an on/off switch for ecn broker. I'm no programmer but have somewhat limited knowledge to chop and change code.

The filter i applied to the method is 2 ma's, 8 lwma close and 10 lwma open. Since these ma's are faster, it allows me to trade the trending pairs on 4hr tf and therefore more trades. Visual testing for this has proved successful on the 4hr tf. However i do not need the BB indi so this is a variation to fozzy.

More details with images to follow shortly...

------------------------

Sorry it took a few days to post this, I was away for a few days.

The filter I apply with 2 MA's are either 6 lwma on close and 8 lwma on open, or 8 lwma close and 10 lwma open. I have also tested using 8 ma and 21 ma with good results however less trades. Adding a 3rd MA of 21 can help stay in a trade longer but I'm working on exits for this at the moment. This might be less favorable but also less false positives. But testing on my part continues.

The bulk of the filtering with 2 MA's is fairly clear in the chart attached. Its fairly self explanatory. Let me know if anything isnt clear enough. Will provide explanations in my next post.

I have been trading this on a real account manually. One radical variation I have is to apply martingale to each cross, but this is another exit strategy that I use instead of placing sell stops.

You could argue that this is diverting away from the fozzy method, if so let me know and I can possibly start or go to another thread.

Files:

As I understand - there are 2 possible exit: on MAs cross in main window, and on RSI crossing MA in separate window.

Yes, it is interesting ...

We can use timeframe less than D1 in this case, and it may reduce the losses.

gman07:
------------------------

Sorry it took a few days to post this, I was away for a few days.

The filter I apply with 2 MA's are either 6 lwma on close and 8 lwma on open, or 8 lwma close and 10 lwma open. I have also tested using 8 ma and 21 ma with good results however less trades. Adding a 3rd MA of 21 can help stay in a trade longer but I'm working on exits for this at the moment. This might be less favorable but also less false positives. But testing on my part continues.

The bulk of the filtering with 2 MA's is fairly clear in the chart attached. Its fairly self explanatory. Let me know if anything isnt clear enough. Will provide explanations in my next post.

I have been trading this on a real account manually. One radical variation I have is to apply martingale to each cross, but this is another exit strategy that I use instead of placing sell stops.

You could argue that this is diverting away from the fozzy method, if so let me know and I can possibly start or go to another thread.

Hi Gman07,

Have been working on the Ea, have the Ecn and extra digit broker code installed, and the no Hedge for US brokers installed. Also coded a new version of the indicator posting now, would like you to test to see if you prefer it over BBRSIMA. Will start on the Ma crosses, just not sure how long this will take because can't remember coding multiple entries before, so may take some trial and error.

Files:

newdigital:
As I understand - there are 2 possible exit: on MAs cross in main window, and on RSI crossing MA in separate window.

Yes, it is interesting ...

We can use timeframe less than D1 in this case, and it may reduce the losses.

Yes thats right. Either of the crosses (ie fast and slow MAs crossing) or RSI crossing MA in the bottom window is a signal to exit whatever trade already open.

Here is another variation for the EA. Could the EA be coded for this? See attached. Settings used, 8 RSI, 34 MA lwma (I modified it in BBRSI&MA indi). Rest is self explanatory in the attached. Total gain from visual walk-thru is +876 pips give or take.

I generally like to ignore the last 2 candles on Fridays and first 2 or 3 candles on Mondays (Notes on chart attached).

Files:
audusd_rsima.jpg  319 kb
Reason: