RDB & RTL system - page 10

racscave:
Hi Leeb,

Thank you.

Performance is not super good, but it's ok. Sometimes I'm too early, sometimes too late, but over all performance is acceptable. I started buying eur/jpy too early last night as an example. When price hit 124.80 I was sitting on my hands so I wouldn't buy one more lot on RAS with 50 pips stop. Well I said 3 lots will be max per cross and I have to follow those rules. I had 4 lots open for myself. Maybe in the future I will open a private yahoo or google group for those traders who subscribe to rdb&rtl and give additional options. Just like with that eur/jpy trade. I'd say something along those lines: 'I have bought additional lot as I .... bla, bla, bla.. if your risk profile allows you, you can do the same with 50 pips stop and 100 pips TP...' We'll see.

I was watching eur/chf hit 1.4640 and when I hit buy 1 lot... I got new price windows and price was 60 pips lower. Intervention, I mentioned a week ago or so finally happened but at a different price range I was expecting. Well, you can see we can't control the price, but we can control our risk. In the long run, we should do ok, but again nothing is written in stone... we'll see.

Unfortunately, when it comes to clones by Linuxser and signals being send from RAS servers (not my trade station) to your broker I have no control. Looking at system statistics on RAS it's not bad, but again I understand signal must travel to RAS serves and again to your workstation or broker and this might be a serious issue for someone system, which aim at 5 or 10pips. I don't scalp that much, so in the long run we should be ok.

I'm not sure how clone is set up, but some statistics simply make no sense to me.

e.g this trade below. I still have it running while the clone shows it closed..

56329382240218BEURCHF1.0024-01-10 21:34:05

25-01-10 18:41:351.454

1.5071.47351.4714-201.96 USD

-21 pips0

Many pips,

rac

If it's any help I've been trading (and monitoring) the signal for 2 weeks on an Alpari UK micro account -

In week 1 I gained 178 pips (compared to 203 reported on RAS website for the same trades - difference due to one trade where it was closed later for some reason for a larger loss).

In week 2 I gained 191 pips (compared to 202 reported on RAS website for the same trades - no material difference in any of the trades - note: I was using a VPS from beginning of this week).

Obviously your results might differ, but thought it might be helpful to share mine

lovejoy80:
If it's any help I've been trading (and monitoring) the signal for 2 weeks on an Alpari UK micro account -

In week 1 I gained 178 pips (compared to 203 reported on RAS website for the same trades - difference due to one trade where it was closed later for some reason for a larger loss).

In week 2 I gained 191 pips (compared to 202 reported on RAS website for the same trades - no material difference in any of the trades - note: I was using a VPS from beginning of this week).

Obviously your results might differ, but thought it might be helpful to share mine

Thank you lovejoy for sharing this. I always wondered how bad the slippage was. I know it won't matter much once, we pick a runner..., but for now it could be annoying.

I've got a pm from another member, whose results were a bit worse, and I'm looking at other options to help him out.

Regards,

rac

racscave:
Thank you lovejoy for sharing this. I always wondered how bad the slippage was. I know it won't matter much once, we pick a runner..., but for now it could be annoying.

I've got a pm from another member, whose results were a bit worse, and I'm looking at other options to help him out.

Regards,

rac

Another thing for people to bear in mind is their broker's market opening time on Sunday night compared to yours. Mine (Alpari UK) opens at 11pm GMT - 1 hour after yours and thus any orders placed within that 'closed' hour will either not be actioned or actioned at a different price once my broker opens.

From what I understand about RAS upon opening it will try and fill any 'open' orders not yet fulfilled provided they are within a certain price level of the signal provider reported price and automatically close any orders that were closed during that hour at the next available price.

For example, taking this Sunday open:

1. GJ trade was missed (opened prior to by broker opening and closed very shortly after)

2. The EJ trade that was already open from last week - my broker closed it when market opened, obviously at a different price - in this case a much better price - exited for a loss of 29 pips compared to 57

3. EJ trade that was opened prior to mine - RAS opened a trade when market opened at a worse price so I ended up witha loss of 19pips compared to your 1 pip gain.

It's just something that people should remember - obviously the way around it is to use a broker than opens at 10pm GMT, or probably even better the same broker as you.

Other than this, IMO there should be no material difference in results over the course of a week/ month etc. and like you said the trades where difference is seen is normally the trades exited for a few pips profit / loss where spread / slippage will apply, but as these are for only a few pips they are not material to the overal results.

I've used a VPS from last week and it defintely seems more secure than leaving my computer on all day.

I would recommed people demo on a few brokers over the course of a month and take a note of all the trades, times opened, closed, error messages etc and compare them to Rac's.

Hi Rac,

Is the recent change in lot size of 0.10 for the JPY pairs a permanent change?

Thanks

Mark

lovejoy80:
Hi Rac,

Is the recent change in lot size of 0.10 for the JPY pairs a permanent change?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

It's up to you guys. I wanted to keep 1 lot for good probability trades (imho) and 0.1 for tests and less certain trades. E.g. dow was on the edge of the cliff last friday. Should it take one more step forward, you know from my posts, what would happen to yen crosses.

Anyways, I will leave it up to you guys. I can always use one lot for every trade or change sizes. I understand it would be easier for many of you.

Please take time to go to a survey site and vote.

I will respect your vote. Lets say by the end of Feb 15 we will take a look at final results.

Here's the link:

Untitled Document

duplicate message

Are there any IBFX users here? Please comment as to your experience with this signal if you can...please?

ES

Es

ES, Got your fill of advanced elite EAs or from other sources ; and running live on your IBFX micro ?

I do not understand...is this a question?

ES

The PIPe PIPer:
ES, Got your fill of advanced elite EAs or from other sources ; and running live on your IBFX micro ?

Es

Yes, its a question posted here since u did not reply to my PMs to you. U want me to PM u? Or is your inbox full ?

Reason: