RDB & RTL system - page 5

strattonben:
How are these signals sent? Skype email?

These signals are for RDB&RTL system and are sent via RAS ea and RAS servers to traders MT4 platforms.

Pipperoni:
Hi Rascave, I still see a lot of trades exited at 0 or 1 pip. What broker do you recommend ? Because spread will make the difference here .

hi Pipperoni,

I don't scalp for a pip or two, so what you see is usually a trade which was stopped out when price moved in our favor and later retraced back, taking me out. I tend to move stop loss to BE+1pip sometimes when price moves +30pips or so....

Brokers? I'd say since RAS servers are probably in the US, I'd opt for US broker.

When you see 0 pip trades, these are probably canceled limit orders.

r

albatriq:
Slurpee/Racscave,

What is FF forum? Can u provide me the links for it.

Thanks

forexfactory

lots of crap and waste of time mostly, but you can find some gems

lovejoy80:
If I may ,I'll try and answer the previous 3 queries:

1. Signals sent over RAS program / spoftware - read the RAS stick on how it works

2. I personally use Alpari UK and 99% of results are within a few pips of the reported pips. Any errors seem to be the very quick trades or ones out a break even where mine are a few pip loss, but these are tiny so doesn't make a material difference to the results - that's just my experience though.

3. FF is Forex Factory - Rac has posted in the J16 thread many many times and is a respected member of probably the best single forex trading thread of any forum.

james16 Chart Thread - Page 3509 @ Forex Factory

Thank you lovejoy80.

I only saw your post after replying...

Hi Racscave,

Thanks for your reply. I have only had the signal for a few days...

I am running FXCM ver of MT4

it keeps giving me the stop errors.

There are no instructions on what the subscriber should do in order to insert this signal correctly into MT4. it doesnt even mention inputting the signal i.d. or switch the power from "false" to "true in the inputs tab

I already have the latest version of RAS software because as per before i have only had the signal a couple of days unless they upgraded between then and now?

what exactly needs to be changed in "general tab" / "inputs tab"/ then saved / and loaded from presets for this signal?

Right now my signal is gray...would be great if it were colourful in time for this weeks trading and the opening of my accepted application for my live account at FXCM.

Thanks alot Sean

racscave:
hi Sean,

I couldn't recreate this error. Please contact ras technical support about this error and on how to override. I could answer questions about trading in general but they would not be complete if i tried to help you out with technicality of ras.

regards,

r

edit:

I have received response from ras support regarding new RAS version. Let's hope it will solve many technical glitches. Here it is:

We're also developing a new RAS version with really important upgrades and new trading ways.

Best regards.

GENERAL SUPPORT

Hi Racscave,

Ok i just uninstalled the EA software from RAS and reinstalled this time into Alapri uk version of mt4.

The signal is grey Had I been told that grey advisors simply mean the source code isnt available i may have been that much the wiser..

I have another couple of questions:

Do i need to load the EA into the chart pairs i want you to trade or does having the EA smiley on one chart work for all charts and will trade any pair regardless of which chart the smiley is on??

Do i need to do anything else here? settings wise. do i need to run the code through the strategy tester?

I am new to this, and i need some support please

Thanks Sean

gongmeister:
Hi Racscave,

Ok i just uninstalled the EA software from RAS and reinstalled this time into Alapri uk version of mt4.

The signal is grey Had I been told that grey advisors simply mean the source code isnt available i may have been that much the wiser..

I have another couple of questions:

Do i need to load the EA into the chart pairs i want you to trade or does having the EA smiley on one chart work for all charts and will trade any pair regardless of which chart the smiley is on??

Do i need to do anything else here? settings wise. do i need to run the code through the strategy tester?

I am new to this, and i need some support please

Thanks Sean

If you have questions regarding RAS...you'd be better off asking RAS help, but to answer one of your questions, you only need to attach RAS EA to one chart and it will trade all pairs (unless you change this on the advanced stats page on the website). Personally I attach mine to a EUR / USD 5 min chart.

I agree RAS guid is not particulalry helpful and does not cover everything.

Hi Lovejoy

Thanks for the reply.

Ok so i only need it loaded into one chart cool.

My questions arent really RAS related they are EA related.

"Signal i.d." in the "inputs" tab - is this the i.d. of the signal owner? or the signal reference number?

how can i make this trade 0.1 lots instead of 1.0 lots?

do i need to run strategy tester so that it includes the last open trade?

why am i getting stop limit errors when the EA is running? and the trade has already been placed by the EA (EA should be able to modify trade right??)

If all i am supposed to do is download ras into my brokers MT4 then this is what i have done.

If im missing something then its down to a fresh copy of MT4 (hardly likely)

What else do i need to change in MT4 or the EA to get the error alerts to stop and for this thing to trade as it should??

There must be countless other people that dlownloaded MT4 then installed this EA. what did you do when you had dialogue alert boxes appearing that wouldnt go the hell away..???

Its as if MT4 was not allowing the stop loss change to occur or the EA settings were not allowing the EA to function correclty within the ~~MT4 environment...someone must know something about how this EA operates...come on...what i am doing wrong here or the settings are wrong in the EA itself or mt4 options are wrong?

Thanks Sean

p.s. trying to get hold of RAS is difficult, i left 2 support tickets without response which to be honest is lame...

gongmeister:
Hi Lovejoy

Thanks for the reply.

Ok so i only need it loaded into one chart cool.

My questions arent really RAS related they are EA related.

"Signal i.d." in the "inputs" tab - is this the i.d. of the signal owner? or the signal reference number?

If you mean Buyer_Opt_Filter_Signal then you can leave it blanks and it will apply to all EA's you subscribed to from RAS, otherwise you can enter the ID of the signal provider - I enter the actual ID i.e. 21943 for Rac

how can i make this trade 0.1 lots instead of 1.0 lots?

Again, two ways. In the Buyer_Lots_Multiplier enter 0.1 i.e. 0.1 * 1.0 = 0.1. The other way is to go on teh advanced stats on the website of the signal provider and at the bottom there is then option for you to change different currency pairs - the former is the easier method if you want all currencies trades at the same lot amount

do i need to run strategy tester so that it includes the last open trade?

No, it's not an EA in the traditional sense - The EA is the RAS sending signals to your MT4 - RAc could be and I believe he does trade manually so the EA is his trades he is inputting into RAS - manaully or not.

why am i getting stop limit errors when the EA is running? and the trade has already been placed by the EA (EA should be able to modify trade right??)

I do not know the answer to this but have seen other people mention this...have a look in some of the 'sticky's on this forum

If all i am supposed to do is download ras into my brokers MT4 then this is what i have done.

If im missing something then its down to a fresh copy of MT4 (hardly likely)

What else do i need to change in MT4 or the EA to get the error alerts to stop and for this thing to trade as it should??

There must be countless other people that dlownloaded MT4 then installed this EA. what did you do when you had dialogue alert boxes appearing that wouldnt go the hell away..???

Its as if MT4 was not allowing the stop loss change to occur or the EA settings were not allowing the EA to function correclty within the ~~MT4 environment...someone must know something about how this EA operates...come on...what i am doing wrong here or the settings are wrong in the EA itself or mt4 options are wrong?

Thanks Sean

p.s. trying to get hold of RAS is difficult, i left 2 support tickets without response which to be honest is lame...

They've responded to my queries - try posting in the relevant sticky and normally someone will respond

Here is part of my input setup (attached).

Is #21943 in the right place?

thanks Sean

Files:
Reason: