RDB & RTL system - page 3

from xxx comments

islandTrader:
I am running 2 signals on RAS. When the trade is opened, I can see in the comment field the # of your signal, and the RAS trade number. Later, this disappears and is replaced by "from #xxxxxxx", which is my broker trade number. Is there any way to re-establish the comment from your end, or is this controlled only by RAS (which is probably the case)?

Actually i think its a broker feature when an order is partially filled or closed - you will find the message is slightly different on each broker. RAS can (on a good day) track partialled orders so it must record the correlation between ticket and comment when the order is created and knows what it is from then on. I don't know how to change a comment (can you ?) so unless you have an equivalent mechanism you're lost. I am implementing an equivalent mechanism for that reason so i can track the progress of multiple signals in a larger account - at the moment there are load of "from xx" hanging around an "other" signal basket in my report - frustrating!

Overriding sl

racscave:
Yes, the goal is 5-10% based on my account size, not on RAS calculations.

I'm not 100% sure how RAS calculates ROI, but for sure It would be not very wise idea to trade 1lot on $1000 deposit.

T

I'm sure it can be done, I don't know how.

and yes expected results would be different.

One way is to Trade Copy onto another system using a mechanism that doesn't constantly overwrite or remove stop losses - whatever you put into position created by RAS will be ovewritten by RAS unless you turn the EA off. If you copy using a Trade Copier that doesn't interfere with "tighter" stop losses you have the desired effect. Dunno if any Trade Copier do that, but it would work. There is at least one free Trade COpier with source code - don't know if it's any good

@ racsave

i want to buy your system on rent a signal.

my broker is fxpro.

this, is compatible with your system trading,?

thanks

thanks

turbolento:
@ racsave

i want to buy your system on rent a signal.

my broker is fxpro.

this, is compatible with your system trading,?

thanks

thanks

hi turbolento,

If it's MT4, then it should be. It would be good idea to ask around if anyone's using this broker with ras.

Also, please take your time and don't rush to subscribe to it. This system will be around for a while. I know that RAS no longer offers trial subscriptions, but you can always 'paper trade' it, to see if it's suitable for you.

thanks,

r

Are you still holding that short on GBPUSD? RAS orders look strange... the same gbpusd short is on the closed orders and in the open orders.... and what happened with the long? Was it a mistake? I wish it wasnt LOL... I'm holding the short and losing now... I wish you had kept the long instead, oh well

jasm:
Are you still holding that short on GBPUSD? RAS orders look strange... the same gbpusd short is on the closed orders and in the open orders.... and what happened with the long? Was it a mistake? I wish it wasnt LOL... I'm holding the short and losing now... I wish you had kept the long instead, oh well

Yes it was.

Yes, I'm holding with stop @ 1.6540. I also have another limit sell set @ 1.6470 on my platform with the same stop and 1.59 being TP. This order will not be triggered by RAS.

racscave:
... I also have another limit sell set @ 1.6470 on my platform with the same stop and 1.59 being TP. This order will not be triggered by RAS.

In case anybody followed 'manually', this limit sell is now canceled. It was missed by 10pips (too conservative entry, first thought was to have it @ 1.6455)

New to this signal

hi Racscave,

I have been using your signal today and i closed out the euro/chf orders to see what it would do (i am testing the signal..). now it keeps coming up with a dialogue box saying "Order Send Error: 130 - invalid stops"

I want to reset the signal as if if i have never used it, is this possible?

Also, I closed out your buy limit 1.4735 on eur/chf as per above, is there a way to override when i decide to sell or buy?

Thanks very much

Sean

racscave:
hi turbolento,

If it's MT4, then it should be. It would be good idea to ask around if anyone's using this broker with ras.

Also, please take your time and don't rush to subscribe to it. This system will be around for a while. I know that RAS no longer offers trial subscriptions, but you can always 'paper trade' it, to see if it's suitable for you.

thanks,

r

yes the broker use the metatrader 4.

what is the paper trade?

sorry for my bad english.

turbolento:
yes the broker use the metatrader 4.

what is the paper trade?

sorry for my bad english.

paper trade means that you trade on demo.

at the end of each week, you go to signal provider's performance detail and go over his/her weekly trades. After few weeks of doing that, you can get good idea of what to expect.

Reason: