Requests & Ideas - page 90

mladen:
Ish

Here you go

But ... the usual but This time I will use this post to point out one problem of metatrader too.

Now, Ish, it is here and it does what you asked for. I hope I did not bore you to death with my answer

regards

Mladen

Thank you Mladen.

This will do nicely.

I am really happy with the original Traders Dynamic Indexx - zl performance.

Will it still be possible to have a on the main chart version of the original Traders Dynamic Indexx - zl ?

I recall you saying that you will try to find some acceptable solution for main chart version. That way you used on the "on chart" versions that you made a long time ago is rather crudu. and that you will try to find some better way of creating it.

I will wait patiently for your reply.

Ish

mladen:
well

I think that this one is better

In this one instead of using average true range of some higher time frame as a "measure" how to calculate positions of percentages on chart deviations are used. All are adjustable with ChartAlignment(...) parameters : period for average and deviations period, ma mode for average and deviation calculation mode, price for average and deviation price usage and deviations for a "measure" of how much deviations should be treated as a 50%.

From my visual tests 3 deviations fit best on almost all symbols and almost all time frames with default traders dynamic index parameters. Probably with different basic parameters the deviations multiplier will have to be adjusted too, but now you can do that through parameters. Also, if compared to the "OnChart" series that use average true ranges for the same job, deviation mode fits much better to chart data. Here are a couple of examples with the "regular" TDI and on chart version compared (all use 3 deviations for fitting)

regards

Mladen

Thank you very much Mladen.

You do great work. I can basically trade sucessfully off of these 2 indicators alone.

I can't wait to try it out.

Thanks again.

And have a great weekend.

Ish

well

I think that this one is better

In this one instead of using average true range of some higher time frame as a "measure" how to calculate positions of percentages on chart deviations are used. All are adjustable with ChartAlignment(...) parameters : period for average and deviations period, ma mode for average and deviation calculation mode, price for average and deviation price usage and deviations for a "measure" of how much deviations should be treated as a 50%.

From my visual tests 3 deviations fit best on almost all symbols and almost all time frames with default traders dynamic index parameters. Probably with different basic parameters the deviations multiplier will have to be adjusted too, but now you can do that through parameters. Also, if compared to the "OnChart" series that use average true ranges for the same job, deviation mode fits much better to chart data. Here are a couple of examples with the "regular" TDI and on chart version compared (all use 3 deviations for fitting)

regards

Mladen

ismael360:
Thank you Mladen.

This will do nicely.

I am really happy with the original Traders Dynamic Indexx - zl performance.

Will it still be possible to have a on the main chart version of the original Traders Dynamic Indexx - zl ?

I recall you saying that you will try to find some acceptable solution for main chart version. That way you used on the "on chart" versions that you made a long time ago is rather crudu. and that you will try to find some better way of creating it.

I will wait patiently for your reply.

Ish

Request the Reconditioning of Power Meter

Hi Mladen,

I wanted to ask you if you can rewrite the code in this Power Meter Indicator in you own impeccable way?

The thing is it is a really nice addition to any traders arsenal and I am sure it will benefit from Mladen's coding craft.

Also, would it be possible to show say 4hr & Daily as a %

We might see a really strong currency and weak currency highlight throughout the diff TFs

Thanks Mladen

Ish

Greetings Mladen,

Could you please create a Tim Morris MA version of FXCorrelator with cross-over alerts similar to what you have described here, if at all possible.

May I also request a separate window version of Tim Morris MA with colored slope change and ForSymbol option.

As always, much appreciation!!!

-spotforex

Files:

Add Arrows

Would someone be kind enough to add arrows to this DTosc only when it reverses off of an extreme high or low?dtosc_channel.mq4

Files:

mugskei:
Would someone be kind enough to add arrows to this DTosc only when it reverses off of an extreme high or low?dtosc_channel.mq4

Hello Mugskei,

Added the arrows, the channel is actually the extremes of dtosc which is 100 max. and 0 min. which explains the settings in the indicator.

Also the rsx on oma is built in, should make it a lot less hassle, also added alerts.

Thank You mrtools

mrtools,

Thank you for your time and effort. I should have been a little more descriptive. I am interested in the arrow painting when the signal hits the 100 or zero line and then reverses, ie when it crosses the 99% line after hitting the 100% or the 1% after hitting the 0%(or just the cross of the two averages after they hit the 100% or 0%). Otherwise, everything else looks good.

mugskei

Awesome!

Greetings Fellow Members,

First off, hats off to MrTools and Mladen for a fantastic job in moderating and (most importantly) their brilliant coding work. Second, many thanks for the input of Simba, Grodzilla (Carl) and others in making G Browser the piece of magnificent art work that it is. You guys have truly out performed yourself in producing this indicator above all (IMHO).

I am eager to add to my input but I need your assistance in understanding few things (if you have the time to help me out and if you are willing to set aside the fact of my ignorance of the subject and coding ability).

I took a look at the G Browser code and found it it be several light years ahead of my IQ level and thus I need some basic explanation behind its logic and execution based on my understanding of detecting and producing a cycle composite.

The following is a list of what needs to get done for a cycle composite to be created (in very simple terms):

1) Present visual spectrum of wave analysis of lengths 5-300 price bars

2) Determine the peaks in the spectrum analysis to determine relevant and significant cycles

3) Through statistical validation identify the cycles that are active

4) Determine precise phase and amplitude of every active cycle

5) Output the data in a form comprehensible to traders

i) The phase in the form of the date of the last low point

ii) The amplitude in the form of the current price-scale, and

iii) The length of the wave in the form of the number of bars in the chart

6) Determining the "strength" of a cycle by establishing the price movement per bar "cycle strength"

7) Sum top 2-7 cycles to create a composite cycle

I can deduce that G Browser performs steps 1 (although textually), 2, 4, 5 and 7; however, I am not sure if it performs steps 3 and 6

Some of the questions I have are as follows:

1) Can you confirm which parts of the list above G browser performs?

2) Since cycles change in the future, how does G browser handle that change in displaying past, current, and future projection of the cycle? i.e., when a change in the dominant set of cycles in the current time point change, is the past redrawn? or is the current cycle and associated projection change? and thus, does G browser re-calculate the past in addition to the future? I have observed the indicators behavior in a backtest and it seemed to do all of the above, but I now how how backtesting can be inaccurate so your feedback would be appreciated.

3) If step 3 is performed, what test is used?

5) Has point 6 been considered or suggested by anyone as an addition?

6) Lastly, I noticed that when adding two instances on top of each other (to create nested cycles) I am only able to forecast one of them and not both (is that the expected behavior?). Also, I noticed changing the number of future bars does not change the projection at all (can you confirm?)

Again, some of theses question will show my ignorance on the subject and I humbly request that you (collectively) set that aside for a moment in entertaining my questions.

Respectfully,

Pip

Pip

As of how to display 2 )or more) Goertzel browsers extrapolation in a same window : set the ListOfCyclesID to unique value for each instance and then you can get something like this :

I simply thought that there is no need for one more unique ID in parameters in order to have list of cycles and extrapolation displayed, but it would not be difficult to make it that way (makes it a bit more complicated, but just a bit )

As of the rest of the questions :
1. you are correct : steps 3 and 6 are not done

2. it always reconstruct the past, current and future values. If you use current bar (BarToCalculate set to 0) you will see it best when ticks are coming in how it accommodates the whole indicator value in cases when chosen cycles that are used for "re-composition" change

3. answered in 1st answer - the most dominant cycle right now is found by its amplitude (simple sort by amplitudes of all the cycles found by Goertzel calculation)

4 Can you elaborate the point six a bit more? What would be the exact math behind the price movement per bar "cycle strength"?

regards

Mladen

Files:
gb.gif  45 kb
Reason: