MACD indicator - page 63

Re ; notes on convergence

HELLO TECHMAC,

The note i posted is connected to my recent posts. Sometimes when the time and skill of someone whose services are in high demand (like MLADEN ) is been engaged the PURPOSE AND RELEVANCE of the new or modified indicator may need to be explained to justify whether its even worth the time and effort.

The new indicator is to be used to confirm the presence of MOMENTUM/OR INCREASED MOMENTUM at the point of entry/re-entry into an intraday trade.

Compliments of the season.

Macd histogram peaks

HELLO MLADEN,

I have found one of your indicators ( MACD colored + Dema ) which suits the purpose for the creation of the new indicator.

i have effected some minor modifications to match with the rules, colors and design of the new indicator.

TWO IMPORTANT NOTES ;

(1) For the purpose of this indicator, the MACD EMA Signal is always set to 1 as what is required is just the Fast EMA and Slow EMA.

(2) Also for the purpose of this indicator,this is the definition of an UPTREND;

Once MACD Histogram is ABOVE the 0 line,that marks the START of an uptrend while its reverse BELOW the 0 line marks the END of that particular uptrend.

RULES FOR GREEN SIGNAL ;

(A) MACD Histogram > 0

(B) the SLOPE of histogram is UP

(C) the HEIGHT (VALUE) of the histogram must be HIGHER THAN the height of the last green signal WITHIN THAT PARTICULAR UPTREND ( i.e from the bar that MACD crossed ABOVE the 0 line )

(D) once MACD Histogram is ABOVE the 0 line, every NEW GREEN BAR Signal must be a HIGHER HISTO BAR compared to ALL preceding GREEN BARS (within that particular uptrend ).

Finally the attached modified indicator already takes care of the design,colors and Signal rules A and B.

What is left is the addition of rules C and D and the job is done.

THANK YOU so much for everything.

HELLO MLADEN,

Looking forward to your kind response to my last post 624, THANKS.

winner246

I do understand the "high demand" part and I do understand why is it so, but what does that have with a forum where one is flooding a thread with requests that are changing with each and every post and in the end have nothing to do with the thread itself (what does DMI have in common with MACD)? What I actually am amazed with that you were even answered.

Anyway, have a nice new year

winner246:
HELLO TECHMAC,

The note i posted is connected to my recent posts. Sometimes when the time and skill of someone whose services are in high demand (like MLADEN ) is been engaged the PURPOSE AND RELEVANCE of the new or modified indicator may need to be explained to justify whether its even worth the time and effort.

The new indicator is to be used to confirm the presence of MOMENTUM/OR INCREASED MOMENTUM at the point of entry/re-entry into an intraday trade.

Compliments of the season.

Macd

mladen:
Here you go To calculate MACD using DEMA set the MACD type to 1 (zero lag ema and DEMA ar equal). Also, if you want to calculate signal line as DEMA, set the UseSignalDema to true and in that case it will calculate signal line as DEMA too (not as EMA as it is usual). It has a choices of macd of rsi, cci and momentum too. To remind, the MACD types are the following
0 : "normal" MACD

1 : DEMA (ZeroLag) MACD

2 : MACD of RSI

3 : MACD of Momentum

4 : MACD of CCI

Hey Guys,

I am new in this forum and newbie in forex. I have problem when open this custom indicator I cant find input parameter of this indicator. I need help to solve this problem. Thanks, in advance

Use "MACDType" parameter for choosing the type of MACD you wish. It is described which value of MACDType parameter correspond to which type of calculation (in the quoted post too)

djaseven:
Hey Guys, I am new in this forum and newbie in forex. I have problem when open this custom indicator I cant find input parameter of this indicator. I need help to solve this problem. Thanks, in advance

mladen:
Use "MACDType" parameter for choosing the type of MACD you wish. It is described which valuof MACDType parameter correspond to which type of calculation (in the quoted post too)

Dear Mladen, Thank you for your quick response.

I mean, I cant find tab input when open this indicator

Files:
macdmladen.jpg  33 kb

djaseven

I am using the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178018/page28 and this is what I get when I open the properties window of that indicator (no problems at all, as it can be seen) :

What version (from what post) of indicator are you using?

djaseven:
Dear Mladen, Thank you for your quick response.

I mean, I cant find tab input when open this indicator

Files:
macd_dema.gif  52 kb

mladen:
djaseven

I am using the one from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178018/page28 and this is what I get when I open the properties window of that indicator (no problems at all, as it can be seen) :

What version (from what post) of indicator are you using?

I download from post #624

Even the 2 from that post work OK on my pc

Here are the pictures how they look on my teminal when I open the properties windows :

Just downloaded them and attached them to the chart and that is how they work. So, no idea what is going on with your terminal (if you did not change the indicators code)

djaseven:
I download from post #624
Files:
Reason: