Requests & Ideas - page 92

ismael360
ismael360  
brax64:
Hi Ismael,

I did add the alerts and also the arrows as per your request, so we can save more time to MrTools and Mladen doing more interesting stuff.

I've just "copy and paste" the amazing code that is a standard in all the mod made by our mql guru Mladen

Mladen and Tools I hope you don't mind!!!

Let me know if there are problems, I tested it on my alpari platform and it works fine.

Regards

Thanks brax64, I was wanting a pop up alert, but a alert with arrows is even better. I will give it a go and see how it works.

Brax64, hey I wanted to ask you something. I remember that you were trading a renko setup that you put together a few months back. Are you still using that setup?

If so, how has it been performing for you? Have you made any improvements?

If not, what are you using these days? And why.

You advice and knowledge of putting together great setups is much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Ish

mugskei
mugskei  

mrtools, would you please add an input?

mrtools,

Is it possible to add an input to select the turn off of a range ( say 5% or 95% ) instead of just 0% and 100% of the DTOSC you've worked on for me?

dtosc_channel_arrows_1.mq4

William Snyder
William Snyder  
mugskei:
mrtools,

Is it possible to add an input to select the turn off of a range ( say 5% or 95% ) instead of just 0% and 100% of the DTOSC you've worked on for me?

dtosc_channel_arrows_1.mq4

Mugskei, try this version, by default have it set to 95 and 5. Whatever you set levelOs and levelOb that will be where the Magenta dotted line will fall. And your alerts and arrows should happen there also.

mugskei
mugskei  

I am impressed!!

Thank you mrtools.

caprica
caprica  

Vpci

Hi

Does anyone have the Volume Price Confirmation Indi (VPCI) for mt4?

you can find out more here:

Visual Trading Systems User Forums > Tasc - July 2007 - Volume Price Confirmation Indicator (vpci)

thanks in advance, Caprica

p.s. yes I know there is no real volume data for the forex market and mt4 simulates volume from tick data, but I am just curious none the less.

ismael360
ismael360  

All Averages with symbools and labels

Mr Tools or Mladen,

Can you make this All Averages indicator (or if you have a better all averages ma indicator), have the ability to have symbols option.

What I mean is to have the ability to have say a usd/chf MA on a eur/usd chart.

And can I have labels added to it at the end so I can tell which MA is which.

Also can I get a subchart version.

Thanks.

Ish

Files:
Abdalla Doleh
Abdalla Doleh  

Programming Help

Hello everyone,

I have taken the liberty to create a little supporting indicator for the G browser, currently it is not working as I want it to (i.e doesn't display anything). What I am interested in is to create an indicator that will create a composite of the different time frames into one, so that the outcome is a projection of how the market will behave till the next turning point. The indicator would take into account the wave pattern in all time frames starting at M5 up to W1 and then builds those progressively higher.

I would appreciate it if you someone can take a look at the code and tell me what I had done wrong and if possible fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Pip

cycle_composite.mq4

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Pip

This one works. First thing that was the problem was the name ("it was "Geortzel browser 5" instead of "Goertzel browser 5", but that errors are the most difficult to find, believe me, been there a couple of times ;() And also there were some problems with parameters but that is solved now.

Some changes were made in the browser itself to make it "callable" (it was never meant to be called from other indicator hence the browser itself is written that way) so you need to use the one attached here with one extra parameter that prevents future bar objects creation in order to work as it should. Here is an example of a couple of time frames prediction parts on a 1 hour chart (no time translation have been done - in this example there are 5, 15, 30 minute, 1 and 4 hour prediction parts summed)

Now of compositing : the one you made adds composite cycles of chosen time frames together (so it is a sum of predictions of various time frames). Compositing those would take completely different approach : you have to know the current period, amplitude and the phase of each and every wave (sine or cosine) that is then used to "construct" the composite wave (since composite wave lacks one thing : the period and when there is no period for a signal, the question of a phase is a subject of debate (does or it does not exist for a composite signal - wave, In my opinion there can not be a phase in a composite signal)). And when it comes to multiple time frames the story does not stop there : synchronizing times of different time frames is obviously immediately ruling out lower time frames. But also, as I was telling in problems when mtf-ing future is concerned, it makes a combination of future bars in that manner impossible (one would need to construct a kind of "ideal" time frame chart first and then do the job on it and then when it comes to step of showing that on a real chart - bump - we are stuck) Also, a look at the "Keris" like mtf chart (the step like chart) also shows what the result would look like (it make combination of different time frame periods, amplitudes and phases imposible since higher time frame data would go same for a couple of bars and the result would be anything but a "wave")

Anyway, to shorten the story : the indicator posted here works with 5.1 version of browser and works as you original code was started (summing not compositing - compositing omitted for reasons stated above).

regards

Mladen

Abdalla Doleh
Abdalla Doleh  
mladen:
Pip

This one works. First thing that was the problem was the name ("it was "Geortzel browser 5" instead of "Goertzel browser 5", but that errors are the most difficult to find, believe me, been there a couple of times ;() And also there were some problems with parameters but that is solved now.

Some changes were made in the browser itself to make it "callable" (it was never meant to be called from other indicator hence the browser itself is written that way) so you need to use the one attached here with one extra parameter that prevents future bar objects creation in order to work as it should. Here is an example of a couple of time frames prediction parts on a 1 hour chart (no time translation have been done - in this example there are 5, 15, 30 minute, 1 and 4 hour prediction parts summed)

Now of compositing : the one you made adds composite cycles of chosen time frames together (so it is a sum of predictions of various time frames). Compositing those would take completely different approach : you have to know the current period, amplitude and the phase of each and every wave (sine or cosine) that is then used to "construct" the composite wave. And when it comes to multiple time frames the story does not stop there : synchronizing times of different time frames is obviously immediately ruling out lower time frames. But also, as I was telling in problems when mtf-ing future is concerned, it makes a combination of future bars in that manner impossible (one would need to construct a kind of "ideal" time frame chart first and then do the job on it and then when it comes to step of showing that on a real chart - bump - we are stuck) Also, a look at the "Keris" like mtf chart (the step like chart) also shows what the result would look like (it make combination of different time frame periods, amplitudes and phases imposible since higher time frame data would go same for a couple of bars and the result would be anything but a "wave")

Anyway, to shorten the story : the indicator posted here works with 5.1 version of browser and works as you original code was started (summing not compositing - compositing omitted for reasons stated above).

regards

Mladen

Mladen,

Point taken, thank you for tacking a shot at the indicator. It is certainly a start.

On another note, you had asked me regarding cycle strength and how it is calculated. It turns out simpler than I thought. The cycle strength is defined as the cycle impact in each bar and thus in mathematical terms it is Amplitude/Period. The only caveat though is that amplitude has to be calculated in terms of price, so the current amplitude output in G browser would to be converted to pips (i.e. how many points move from the low to the high in the sine wave pattern) for each cycle. Once that is determined you divide that number by its relevant period. The resultant will be a number telling which wave has the biggest impact in the current time point. The cycle with the highest strength is the one that should be sorted on the top, then the next one in sequence.

In order to preserve the way G Browser works now, My recommendation would be to introduce bool allowing the user to sort cycles based on Cycle Strength or original method (in case you venture into implementing this bit of info)

This approach challenges the concept that the greatest amplitude period is the dominant one.

Is it possible to implant that in G browser?

Cycle Strength = Period (in price)/Period (e.g. 300 pips/48 bars)

Cheers,

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
... Cycle Strength = Period (in price)/Period (e.g. 300 pips/48 bars) ...

I think it could be calculated as as kind of momentum (since the period is known a simple change of a price over a period bars should mean an impact of the cycle - cycle strength) I think that we should look for a stating bar where the phase of a wave is 1 or -1 since (to avoid zero phase and presumable zero price change) but will check it - not sure about this part right now

Mladen