Big changes for MT4, in a few weeks - page 133

I know about another backdoor for the 509.

Though I do not have the 509 any longer still I am able to use the SciTe to edit its sources and compile them by the 509 compiler (renamed). SciTe uses batch file to run the compiler, so you may append a line for copying file to the proper 600+ folder and notify the terminal to refresh.

found this on FF from FXCM

We've recently received calls from traders experiencing difficulty with the latest platform build released by MetaQuotes (Build 625). Problems reported range from missing charts or missing rates, to an inability to launch the platform altogether. Our customer service team has been able to assist people having these issues, so I encourage you to contact our 24-hour live support, if you updated to MT4 Build 625 and have any of the problems I mentioned.

seems Mr Rodgers has posted it on FXTSD also,

oh well, better folks see it twice instead of more hair pulling

maybe it explains the missing bars on 610

when are MQs going to get it all sorted out?

although i've decided some of the bugs and generally annoying things about MT4 must be deliberate

as lets face it MQs don't give a monkeys how traders do, only the brokers

WR1:
found this on FF from FXCM

We've recently received calls from traders experiencing difficulty with the latest platform build released by MetaQuotes (Build 625). Problems reported range from missing charts or missing rates, to an inability to launch the platform altogether. Our customer service team has been able to assist people having these issues, so I encourage you to contact our 24-hour live support, if you updated to MT4 Build 625 and have any of the problems I mentioned.

seems Mr Rodgers has posted it on FXTSD also,

oh well, better folks see it twice instead of more hair pulling

maybe it explains the missing bars on 610

when are MQs going to get it all sorted out?

although i've decided some of the bugs and generally annoying things about MT4 must be deliberate

as lets face it MQs don't give a monkeys how traders do, only the brokers

Yes

Jason Rogers posted about those problems here : https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/9092-fxcm/page47#comment_748204 . Good to see that a broker is ready to assist in problem solving that are actually not caused by the broker (I hear that some are simply telling that mqs new build will solve all the issues, what, as we all know, is not the true).

Ovo:
I know about another backdoor for the 509. Though I do not have the 509 any longer still I am able to use the SciTe to edit its sources and compile them by the 509 compiler (renamed). SciTe uses batch file to run the compiler, so you may append a line for copying file to the proper 600+ folder and notify the terminal to refresh.

Good observation. I used to use SciTe too but dropped it as Norton was considering one of the programs in the compile batch file as a virus and quarantining it. I am more interested in identifying the differences between terminal 509 and terminal 625 to insure that they are calculating consistently. Right now, I am seeing some minor differences.

Any particular reason why the compiler on B625 is crashing MT4 ?

Any time I compile an indicator on B625 (even though the compiler says 0 warnings, 0 errors) it crashes MT4.

I have also installed a fresh B625 and still the same problem.

Xard777

xard777:
Any particular reason why the compiler on B625 is crashing MT4 ?

Any time I compile an indicator on B625 (even though the compiler says 0 warnings, 0 errors) it crashes MT4.

I have also installed a fresh B625 and still the same problem.

Xard777

I have had that happen when I compiled an EA with a dll, if the EA was loaded on a chart the platform crashed when I compiled it, I tested it without the EA loaded on a chart and with the dll disabled and no more crashes, have you tried compiling with no indicators loaded on charts? if it doesn't crash then one of your indicators/EAs may be the problem.

Sometimes had those problems if I compiled stuff that did not comply to new rules (sometimes when arrays are not checked strictly)

cja:
I have had that happen when I compiled an EA with a dll, if the EA was loaded on a chart the platform crashed when I compiled it, I tested it without the EA loaded on a chart and with the dll disabled and no more crashes, have you tried compiling with no indicators loaded on charts? if it doesn't crash then one of your indicators/EAs may be the problem.

Thanks cja, that sorted my problem, compiler now working :-)

Xard777

cja:

Were you compiling that EA or some other code?

sebastianK:
Were you compiling that EA or some other code?

I was compiling code for the EA with the dll, with the previous build 509 there was no issue with compiling that EA with it loaded on a chart however once compiled on the new build it appears to work with no issues. I just can't compile it with the EA loaded on a chart or the platform crashes.

Reason: