• Join us

Requests & Ideas - page 91

Abdalla Doleh
Abdalla Doleh  

Awesome!

Greetings Fellow Members,

First off, hats off to MrTools and Mladen for a fantastic job in moderating and (most importantly) their brilliant coding work. Second, many thanks for the input of Simba, Grodzilla (Carl) and others in making G Browser the piece of magnificent art work that it is. You guys have truly out performed yourself in producing this indicator above all (IMHO).

I am eager to add to my input but I need your assistance in understanding few things (if you have the time to help me out and if you are willing to set aside the fact of my ignorance of the subject and coding ability).

I took a look at the G Browser code and found it it be several light years ahead of my IQ level and thus I need some basic explanation behind its logic and execution based on my understanding of detecting and producing a cycle composite.

The following is a list of what needs to get done for a cycle composite to be created (in very simple terms):

1) Present visual spectrum of wave analysis of lengths 5-300 price bars

2) Determine the peaks in the spectrum analysis to determine relevant and significant cycles

3) Through statistical validation identify the cycles that are active

4) Determine precise phase and amplitude of every active cycle

5) Output the data in a form comprehensible to traders

i) The phase in the form of the date of the last low point

ii) The amplitude in the form of the current price-scale, and

iii) The length of the wave in the form of the number of bars in the chart

6) Determining the "strength" of a cycle by establishing the price movement per bar "cycle strength"

7) Sum top 2-7 cycles to create a composite cycle

I can deduce that G Browser performs steps 1 (although textually), 2, 4, 5 and 7; however, I am not sure if it performs steps 3 and 6

Some of the questions I have are as follows:

1) Can you confirm which parts of the list above G browser performs?

2) Since cycles change in the future, how does G browser handle that change in displaying past, current, and future projection of the cycle? i.e., when a change in the dominant set of cycles in the current time point change, is the past redrawn? or is the current cycle and associated projection change? and thus, does G browser re-calculate the past in addition to the future? I have observed the indicators behavior in a backtest and it seemed to do all of the above, but I now how how backtesting can be inaccurate so your feedback would be appreciated.

3) If step 3 is performed, what test is used?

5) Has point 6 been considered or suggested by anyone as an addition?

6) Lastly, I noticed that when adding two instances on top of each other (to create nested cycles) I am only able to forecast one of them and not both (is that the expected behavior?). Also, I noticed changing the number of future bars does not change the projection at all (can you confirm?)

Again, some of theses question will show my ignorance on the subject and I humbly request that you (collectively) set that aside for a moment in entertaining my questions.

Respectfully,

Pip

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Pip

As of how to display 2 )or more) Goertzel browsers extrapolation in a same window : set the ListOfCyclesID to unique value for each instance and then you can get something like this :

I simply thought that there is no need for one more unique ID in parameters in order to have list of cycles and extrapolation displayed, but it would not be difficult to make it that way (makes it a bit more complicated, but just a bit )

As of the rest of the questions :
1. you are correct : steps 3 and 6 are not done

2. it always reconstruct the past, current and future values. If you use current bar (BarToCalculate set to 0) you will see it best when ticks are coming in how it accommodates the whole indicator value in cases when chosen cycles that are used for "re-composition" change

3. answered in 1st answer - the most dominant cycle right now is found by its amplitude (simple sort by amplitudes of all the cycles found by Goertzel calculation)

4 Can you elaborate the point six a bit more? What would be the exact math behind the price movement per bar "cycle strength"?

regards

Mladen

Files:
gb.gif 45 kb
Abdalla Doleh
Abdalla Doleh  

MLaden,

Thank you for your feedback. I will respond as intelligently as possible as soon as I have my thoughts formulated; in the mean time, may I request that a new thread be created devoted solely to cycle analysis and have all posts relating to cycles in this thread moved to the newly formed thread? I believe this will make things a bit easier to follow.

Thank you in advance.

Respectfully,

Pip

William Snyder
William Snyder  
mugskei:
mrtools,

Thank you for your time and effort. I should have been a little more descriptive. I am interested in the arrow painting when the signal hits the 100 or zero line and then reverses, ie when it crosses the 99% line after hitting the 100% or the 1% after hitting the 0%(or just the cross of the two averages after they hit the 100% or 0%). Otherwise, everything else looks good.

mugskei

Mugskei,

You described it fine i thought i had did it that way but looking at it again was just signaling when hitting 0 or 100 not leaving those areas, this version seems a little closer to what you are looking for.

Files:
mugskei
mugskei  

Perfect, thank you!

Thank you mrtools.

Abdalla Doleh
Abdalla Doleh  

Detrending

Greetings,

I am in search of data detrending method for financial data series. Could anyone kindly suggest an algorithm or point me to a source of information? Or even better share an MQ4 file that has already been created?

Thanks,

Abdalla Doleh
Abdalla Doleh  

Bartels test

Mladen,

Is it possible to translate Bartels test into MQ4 based on formula provided in attached documents? Then is it possible to apply it to G Browser v 5 and have it output cycles that only have Bartels score >51%?

Cheers,

Piptesting_cycles_for_statistical_significance_-_bartel.pdf

ismael360
ismael360  
ismael360:
Hi Mladen,

I wanted to ask you if you can rewrite the code in this Power Meter Indicator in you own impeccable way?

The thing is it is a really nice addition to any traders arsenal and I am sure it will benefit from Mladen's coding craft.

Also, would it be possible to show say 4hr & Daily as a %

We might see a really strong currency and weak currency highlight throughout the diff TFs

Thanks Mladen

Ish

I was able to get someone else to make the currency meter show the 4hr and 15m at the same time. Of course it's probably not as good as Mladens code but, it could be useful for some of you.

Files:
ismael360
ismael360  

I wanted to know if Mr tools or Mladen can put a alarm when crossing the zero line on the sibbet's demand index 2?

brax64
brax64  

Hi Ismael,

I did add the alerts and also the arrows as per your request, so we can save more time to MrTools and Mladen doing more interesting stuff.

I've just "copy and paste" the amazing code that is a standard in all the mod made by our mql guru Mladen

Mladen and Tools I hope you don't mind!!!

Let me know if there are problems, I tested it on my alpari platform and it works fine.

Regards

ismael360:
I wanted to know if Mr tools or Mladen can put a alarm when crossing the zero line on the sibbet's demand index 2?