Requests & Ideas - page 83

I tested it in the visual back test too, and if the delayed is set to true, it never removed the signal. It never changed the color of the bar either (if it opened a bar with some color that color stayed till the bar close regardless of the change in price) It can change the position (vertical position - since it depends on current high or low +- ATR) of the signal dot, but it should not remove it in any case if the delayed parameter is set to true

From the code there is no point in code that would allow the case you are describing. Will check some more but as I told, it should work as described since it uses open instead of close for the current bar when in delayed mode and open can not change,

PS: it just occurred to me that one case can cause a signal dot disappearance - if the value is close to upper or lower bound of the chart. If the value then exceeds the upper or lower bound of the chart, metatrader does not resize the chart according to indicator values but it keeps the size only to show all prices, and then it seems as if the dot disappeared. If you shrink the chart (by dragging on the right side) in those cases, you will see that they are there but since they are outside the visible bounds set automatically by metatrader you do not see them. It is an issue that metatrader does not have solved (unlike tradestation or metastock)

Mladen

Mladen,

Can you convert Fibonacci/Lucas time series indicator into mql4 with mtf and arrow options? TRADERS’ TIPS - August 2011

Thanks in advance.

biddick

Here you go Made it to show histogram in the bottom and/or bar at the main chart so it is fairly good visible. Maybe just one thing needs to be explained : it is an intraday indicator and on longer time frames (over 4 hour) it wont work at all) and on time frames like 1 hour and 4 hour it is giving rather small number of signals/bars. Best to use on a short time frames (1 minute and 5 minute)

PS: a question - since you asked for this one, would you mind if it is posted in the elite indicators thread too. We have a kind of a tradition to have TASC indicators in that thread and that is the reason I ask you (since in this case you are the originator of the making of this indicator)

regards

Mladen

biddick:
Mladen,

Can you convert Fibonacci/Lucas time series indicator into mql4 with mtf and arrow options? TRADERS’ TIPS - August 2011

Thanks in advance.

Thank you Mladen

Unlike some people I find it uncomfortable relying only on some esoteric numbers.But they can be good tools if they combined with other indicators.So I thought it would be useful for the community.

Regarding the releasing TASC indicators in Elite section,sorry I will be more careful next time.So please feel free

Mladen and Mr. Tools,

Have either of you ever seen a combo C# app and EA that is intended to "read" and parse incoming trade signals that are sent via email and use them to then open the correct trade in MT4. (C# app monitors the gmail inbox, parses incoming email, sends details to the EA).

I have attached one version (the app and the EA) that I had custom built for me at significant cost a little while back. The problem is that the signal provider turned out to send signals that werent great - so I cancelled with them a long time ago

Now I want to change the app so it can parse the format of the signal email to work with a new signal provider and have the app very simply send to the EA(s) a market order for opening and then setting an intitial SL with custom comment. You can see the EA has some MM too. I dont need any of the trade management functionality or opening of multiple legs/pieces that I think the existing one does. Just monitor mailbox, parse signal email, send to EA to open correct pair and direction (include MM or lotsize funtions) and add custom comment and initial SL. Can you do that?

A million thanks!

Odysseus

Files:

as for the format of the signal emails, the subject line contains (without the quotes) "Trading Signal"

and the body of the email after some disclaimer text contains (again without the quotes but as a sample of the syntax):

"16:00 (GMT+3) GBPUSD: SHORT (SELL) AT:1.6273 STOP: 1.6308"

Please help

Odysseus

hi Mladen,could you please make a delayed version of the attached indicador?

Here you go

The usual stuff applies to it : if Delayed parameter is set to true, then it uses the "mixed" mode for highs and lows (to honor the assumption that high and low were equal to open at the time when a new bar was opened) and the price used, with same logic applied, is open instead of any price chosen in parameters. It does that calculation for historical data too.

Here is a comparison of a "regular" (upper) and a "delayed" (lower)

camisa:
hi Mladen,could you please make a delayed version of the attached indicador?

Mladen, could you make an ALB (adaptive lookback period) version of FGDI ? That would be KILLER! Thanks so much!

Odysseus

Files:
Reason: