Requests & Ideas - page 88

Sibbet's Demand Index

Well, here is the James Sibbet's Demand Index

PS: default length in original is 5. Default length in this version is 15 (I liked it better), but one might test the original default length too

Files:

thank you!

thank you very much!

best regards,

mk77ch

Demand Index

Hello mladen sir,

I am Using Demand Index In EOD Metastock With Rmo Trend Modules. Sir if possible please make these indicators in metatrader. Attached screen shoots.

thanks

Below Is the Recent screen shoot of DJIA.

Files:
graphic1.jpg  135 kb

vishal gandhi

Did you see this post (and the thread itself) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Maybe those are what you are looking for

Mladen

vishal gandhi:
Hello mladen sir,

I am Using Demand Index In EOD Metastock With Rmo Trend Modules. Sir if possible please make these indicators in metatrader. Attached screen shoots.

thanks

Below Is the Recent screen shoot of DJIA.

mladen:
vishal gandhi

Did you see this post (and the thread itself) : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Maybe those are what you are looking for

Mladen

Hello Mladen sir,

After Reading So Many Articles Regarding Demand Index. It seems That Indicator Is purely Based On Technical Analysis.Levels Of Winning Trades Is very Much sure.Its My Request To code this indicator for meta trader.

Below Is the Chart That I create Shows Detalis Of Demand Index.

thank you very much and best regards,

vishal gandhi

Files:

mladen:
Well, here is the James Sibbet's Demand Index

PS: default length in original is 5. Default length in this version is 15 (I liked it better), but one might test the original default length too

Hi Mladen,

I wonder how useful it is to incorporate the dynamic lvls on this indicator. Would like to see how it behave with the lvls if you have time to program it in. As usual, thanks for churning remarkable indicators in such short period.

Best Regards

KL

Vishal

If I understand correctly, this is what you are looking for. Done 2 things : upgraded the demand index a bit (to show a bit more information by adding colored histogram, so now it is more visible when the DI crosses zero lines) and made a "filter" version of the indicator. In the filter version you can specify any lever for up (by signal) and down (sell signal). They can be set to different values even though, as far as I see, the default value for both is symmetrical (+15 and -15)

Here is and example with the "new" (upgraded) demand index (upper) and the "filter" version (lower). on a 1 minute chart in this case

I would like to remind that volumes in forex are different than volumes in stocks. In forex (and metatrader) they are actually ticks not an actual volume, so results might differ when applied to fore. Other than that, the formula used and applied in the indicator is of the original Demand Index indicator and as far as I am aware is coded the same way in metastock too (here is a link where I was able to find the reference and the "what is done" in it : Equis International Online Community - Demand Index BuyP() and SellP() Formulae... . It was done by "wabbit" and as far as I know he can be used as a kind of a reference in the metastock community. As it is seen, they started from the same source as we did when converting code to metatrader. The filter version is done according to the description and should be OK (the description is clear enough not to leave any doubt as to what has to be done in order to make a "filter" version)

regards

Mladen

vishal gandhi:
Hello Mladen sir,

After Reading So Many Articles Regarding Demand Index. It seems That Indicator Is purely Based On Technical Analysis.Levels Of Winning Trades Is very Much sure.Its My Request To code this indicator for meta trader.

Below Is the Chart That I create Shows Detalis Of Demand Index.

thank you very much and best regards,

vishal gandhi

Files:

mladen:
Vishal

If I understand correctly, this is what you are looking for. Done 2 things : upgraded the demand index a bit (to show a bit more information by adding colored histogram, so now it is more visible when the DI crosses zero lines) and made a "filter" version of the indicator. In the filter version you can specify any lever for up (by signal) and down (sell signal). They can be set to different values even though, as far as I see, the default value for both is symmetrical (+15 and -15)

Here is and example with the "new" (upgraded) demand index (upper) and the "filter" version (lower). on a 1 minute chart in this case

I would like to remind that volumes in forex are different than volumes in stocks. In forex (and metatrader) they are actually ticks not an actual volume, so results might differ when applied to fore. Other than that, the formula used and applied in the indicator is of the original Demand Index indicator and as far as I am aware is coded the same way in metastock too (here is a link where I was able to find the reference and the "what is done" in it : Equis International Online Community - Demand Index BuyP() and SellP() Formulae... . It was done by "wabbit" and as far as I know he can be used as a kind of a reference in the metastock community. As it is seen, they started from the same source as we did when converting code to metatrader. The filter version is done according to the description and should be OK (the description is clear enough not to leave any doubt as to what has to be done in order to make a "filter" version)

regards

Mladen

Mladen,

What about doing a demand index for EUR,another one for USD,another for GBP?...etc,then we can use their crosses to trade on any specific pair.

I got the idea from Aleksei Yudin article Reading forex memory with five-day Markov chains - Education - Futures Magazine ,of course if you do it with the original Markov chains,no problem with that.

Mladen ,

Is it posible for you to check the Repeated median line with slope and Auto channel indicator with slope indicators. After I remove them from the chart the text(slope info) still remains there.

Files:
line.png  16 kb
Reason: