Moving Average - page 50

abridden
abridden  

Does anyone have an indicator which alerts you to when there is a certain number of pips between 2 MAs? For example, an alert which shows when MAs move sufficiently such that there are, say, 10 pips or more between the 2 MAs?

This would be very helpful to me, particularly if different types of MA could be used, and also if the MAs could be applied to different prices e.g. comparing a 10 period exponential MA of the closing price to a 20 period simple MA of the opening price? I don't use these settings, they are just examples of the kind of user-defined parameters which would be ideal

I have searched for this on this and other forums to no avail

Thanks

Andy

thecreativex
thecreativex  
newdigital:
Do not know about % but it is what we have on the forum concerning MA and price:

MADistance is on

- this post: good indicator by Hiachiever writing the distance between MA and price on the chart. The settings are adjustable.

- And same indicator with alert is on this post.

- Latest version with audio and or pop-alert is on this post.

Price above or below MA: indicator is on this post.

MA Price Alert is on this page: good indicator created by cja with very advanced settings (select timeframe, sound, email, popup alert, change the sound to yours, ma mode and much more).

hello newdigital ...

is there is an indicator alerts when the price is above or below the SMA and have the ( shift option like the one in the MT4 ) ... with colors like the one on the post ?

and is there is a miracle that all this in a histogram ? it will great !

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

I do not know ... may be not.

Usually people are using MA (or sma) wih period 1 instead of price and it will be ma crossing.

thecreativex
thecreativex  
newdigital:
I do not know ... may be not. Usually people are using MA (or sma) wih period 1 instead of price and it will be ma crossing.

that is a great idea !

so is there is a SMA cross indicator with alert that have the shift option ?

and thx for your help ,,,

fxbs
fxbs  
newdigital:
I do not know ... may be not. Usually people are using MA (or sma) wih period 1 instead of price and it will be ma crossing.

or macd with fast ma set to 1

fxbs
fxbs  

ma distance, kinonen

tigersoft
tigersoft  

Explain this chart plz

Hello,

Can someone explain me what does this text mean compared with this chart?

"Japanies candal low touch 50days MA line"

"japanies candle high will touch 50 days MA line"

Many thanks

Avinash
Avinash  

Limit on moving average period

HI Guys,

This is my first post to this forum.I want to get a moving average for a period greater than 4000. MetaTrader doesnt accept any period more than 4000, it defaults it to 14.

Is this a bug/limitation or do I need to some additional settings change.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Avinash

Linuxser
Linuxser  
avinashsringeri:
HI Guys,

This is my first post to this forum.I want to get a moving average for a period greater than 4000. MetaTrader doesnt accept any period more than 4000, it defaults it to 14.

Is this a bug/limitation or do I need to some additional settings change.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Avinash

It's a limitation of the standard MA indicator that has a lot of sense.

muller
muller  

Mtf jma

hi all

i try to find jma mtf