Requests & Ideas - page 144

Repost.

Thank you.

yuhu:
Dear Mladen,

Could you please kindly take a look at my request post #1390?

If you could just make an entry indicator based on this rules, it would be awesome:

-price breakout past the X bars high or low

-check volatility by looking Y bars.

an example: price goes from 50-100; range is 50, mean is 75. so volatility is 50/75 = 66.66%

-if volatility is more than Z%, no signal

-if volatility is less than Z%, and price breakout high, long entry signal - draw arrow

-if volatility is less than Z%, and price breakout low, long entry signal - draw arrow

Thank you very much

A question ...

yuhu

In your description you are using a description of volatility that can be simply achieved by using ATR (average true range). Is that what you had in mind? If it is so, I think that there might be a problem of signals for breakouts that would be delayed (ATR, since it is averaged, will always lag behind a high or low break out and adding the "less than" will delay the break out even more)

Let me know if ATR as the basis is what you had in mind

yuhu:
Repost. Thank you.

Hi Mladen,

I like this indicator that you provided. Could you add adaptive function to this indicator with phase accumulation ?

Thanks

KL

Files:

Phasa accumulation adaptive bulls and bears ...

Here you go

PS: there are two parts of that indicator - acceleration oscillator (the histogram part) that is by default calculated only one way (sma(5)-sma(34)) and that part is left "un-adaptive". The bulls-bears part is made adaptive using Phase accumulation for cycles length and calculation length. Added muti time frame interpolation possibility in this one too

kokleongch:
Hi Mladen,

I like this indicator that you provided. Could you add adaptive function to this indicator with phase accumulation ?

Thanks

KL

thanks !

mladen:
Here you go
PS: there are two parts of that indicator - acceleration oscillator (the histogram part) that is by default calculated only one way (sma(5)-sma(34)) and that part is left "un-adaptive". The bulls-bears part is made adaptive using Phase accumulation for cycles length and calculation length. Added muti time frame interpolation possibility in this one too

Hello Mladen

Thank you for your reply.

I checked ATR, and I failed to see how it can be used for my purpose. Perhaps I am not seeing clearly

Please let me try again:

By using the following parameters:

Breakoutbar = 5bars

Volabar = 10bars

Volapercentage = 67%

1. Current bar is closed below lowest of the last 6bars (5+1) or above highest of the last 6bars

2. Calculate volatility by looking 10 bars.

an example: in the past 10bars price goes from 50-100; range is 50, mean is 75. so volatility is 50/75 = 66.66%

3. If Vola % is more than 67%, draw an arrow

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much.

yuhu

Where I see the problem is here :

2. Calculate volatility by looking 10 bars. an example: in the past 10bars price goes from 50-100; range is 50, mean is 75. so volatility is 50/75 = 66.66%
as an example price goes form 1.2700 to 1.2500, range is 0.02 and mean is 1.26. Percentage is roughly 1.5% and it will need a higher time frames for that percentage or a very long lookback period on a lower time frames. On JPY crosses the percentages will be even smaller (due to greater "basic price" percentages can roughly be divided by 10) On a lower time frames, since the changes are much smaller, percentages are going to be very small, which means that that kind of calculation will highly depend on time frame and symbol and we will have no consistent criteria

Those were my thoughts at the first place and so far I did not find a solution for that. Anyway, will make one to work as you described it so it can be tested that way

Ahh,

66.66% is just a number for sample purposes.

I chose 50 and 100 just to give an example.

Thank you

mrtools:
Hi Dbarkah,

Was awhile back, so not real sure which version dynamic zone indicator was the chart indicator the others have some minor changes IMO better. The paint bars use Hodrick Prescott Filter, it requires the Hodrick Prescott Filter dll file for it to work, and it recalculates. Hopefully everything you need should be in the rar file if I forgot something please let me know.

ps)for the dynamic zones indicators to work you will need the dynamic zones dll file from the first page, first post of that thread.

Thanks very much mrtools. That was really helpful.

Wilders dmi (bulls) strength

Hello Mladen, i would appreciate if you can help create 2 seperate indicators out of wilders dmi,i.e, Wilders dmi (bulls) and wilders dmi (bears). RULES FOR DMI (BULLS); 1.once dmi + is ABOVE a selected LEVEL e.g level 20, the indicator will show Green color,but when it is BELOW the selected level it will show GOLD (implying WEAK BULL POWER). The 2nd indicator WILDERS DMI (BEARS)STRENGTH will be based on the same rules but its signals will be generated by DMI - ,while its colors will be RED and GOLD. THANKS for the great work. PS. Please use HISTOGRAM BARS

Reason: