Requests & Ideas - page 215

rayphua:
No, I don't need them in OMA, I just provided the OMA indicators to show what I needed; I need a Blau TVI ribbon created in the same way as how the OMA ribbon was created on chart, and i need moving average on chart (like OMAMtf) based on Blau TVI. Thanks!

rayphua

Blau TVI is an oscillator (made to work in separate window and having values completely different than the values (prices) of the symbols on chart). Because of that it ca not be made as a ribbon on chart. Averages (any kind of averages) can be made as a ribbon on chart but oscillators can not

Idea, can be done?

Good to the community:

Please excuse my English and what I do not understand please ask again.

I want to raise an idea, while I watch, I'm often on the market with a number of open trades, some on benefits, others lost, but I get overcome with all operations some pips profit barrier, then as each individual end operation is another issue. The idea is, why not make a system that at the time of pips of profit have certain closing all operations.

I'll try to explain what happened to me:

1º system would have to be applied to a number of pairs, for example 6 or more pairs.

2 º A start time, the system would be launched at the same time for all pairs. Even if we think of a scalper, ie get few pips profit, we could have multiple start times. Example 2 or 3, some time after the opening of the large squares, for example.

3º would have to think of a target stop individually for each pair, but not in a profit target for each pair, the target profit should be together, as we all know while pairs move some others move much, is deficiency that would supply about the great movements of others.

I will try to give an example to the previous point:

Common goal in pips 40 pips (discounting always spreed and commissions if any)

Pairs: (example)

EURUSD

GBPUSD

USDJPY

USDCAD

AUDUSD

USDCHF

At the moment the system to launch an order in each pair, according to the rules, you put a stop loss, never a target, the target is common to all.

Example: 20 pips stop, in each pair of input sounds crazy, but the system would have to recognize that for example has lost two pair and have not yet reached the common objective of 40 pips, therefore, the new goal common would be 80 pips.

I do not know if you understand what I tried to explain, I hope so.

Tell me what do you think to get to work on the rules of entry and of course I appreciate any suggestion for this idea.

The other question I have is whether it is possible to what I'm saying, that there is a common control for a number of different pairs with the same system. I know there is a script that closes all open at once, but what I do not know if you can make a system that controls all operations at once. I hope that teachers of programming me out of doubt.

I hope your opinion to this idea.

A big hug

Hermo.

mladen:
Pip

Here you go

Added "PeakSpan" parameter which allows you to have more than one bar colored around the peak

As of that peak on your picture : it is not a peak yet. It is going to become a peak when an opposite direction slope happens for the first time (without opposite direction slope it is still just a clear slope, regardless of its phase (for non-composite value) or apparent phase (of composite value))

PS: it does not check for overlap, so too long span can cause overlapped (single) color

regards

Mladen

Hi mladen, can you also create an end point version of this latest GB ?

I tried it based on GB ep2 but didn't succeed.

Boxter:
Hi mladen, can you also create an end point version of this latest GB ? I tried it based on GB ep2 but didn't succeed.

Boxter

This is a version that has an addition of end-pointed part too. Default is set not to filter prices using Hodrick/Prescott filter. Also, the size of the end-pointed part is set to modest 100 bars by default for one simple reason : the longer the size of that end-pointed part is the more CPU force you will need

Separate forecasting part for end pointed part is not done since it is the same as the forecasting part of the "regular" composite cycle (the end-pointed and the regular part are the same at the point where forecasting starts)

Hi Mladen or Mr Tools,

Please see the attached pic, specifically the timing of 9:25 on the right. This timing was created with the attached bclocknmtf.mq4 indicator, showing that there is still 9:25 minutes before the next 15M candle appears. I would like for you to add optional settings so that I can see 2 other timings below the 9:25; for example, the 30M, 1H, or 4H timing, etc. Please also see if there is a way to differentiate the 3 timings either with the use of different colored fonts, or a timeframe indication alongside the timing. This indicator already allows to show various candle timing at 4 corners of the chart (I think) but I find it so much easier to look at them when they are beside the last candle. Kindly help, thank you.

rayphua:
Hi Mladen or Mr Tools,

Please see the attached pic, specifically the timing of 9:25 on the right. This timing was created with the attached bclocknmtf.mq4 indicator, showing that there is still 9:25 minutes before the next 15M candle appears. I would like for you to add optional settings so that I can see 2 other timings below the 9:25; for example, the 30M, 1H, or 4H timing, etc. Please also see if there is a way to differentiate the 3 timings either with the use of different colored fonts, or a timeframe indication alongside the timing. This indicator already allows to show various candle timing at 4 corners of the chart (I think) but I find it so much easier to look at them when they are beside the last candle. Kindly help, thank you.

rayphua

Did you happen to see this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (that timer does almost to the letter what you described except that it shows current time frame + it can shor one other time if you set it up so. So it can show 2 time frames timers and works regardless if ticks are comming in or not - even when there is no connection it will show the remaining time or eventual delay)

Hi, I got this indicator from this forum. In practice I found that the signals (arrows and dots) tend to redraw themselves, It always moves the signal back by one bar after it's confirmed by a closed bar. Some times it jumps back and forth between the 2nd and 3rd bar from the current undecided. Another strange behaviour is that two signals cannot share a bar. If an arrow or a dot appear on the same bar, it'll start shifting each other around.

Is it possible to make the signals permanent on bar close. This will facilitate visual backtests. Many thanks.

bollinger_band_bars_2_bands__touches.mq4

bernards:
Hi, I got this indicator from this forum. In practice I found that the signals (arrows and dots) tend to redraw themselves, It always moves the signal back by one bar after it's confirmed by a closed bar. Some times it jumps back and forth between the 2nd and 3rd bar from the current undecided. Another strange behaviour is that two signals cannot share a bar. If an arrow or a dot appear on the same bar, it'll start shifting each other around.

Is it possible to make the signals permanent on bar close. This will facilitate visual backtests. Many thanks.

bollinger_band_bars_2_bands__touches.mq4

bernards

I have tested it in back test now and it all works OK

In case when that happens, are you by chance using more then one instance of that indicator? If yes, is UniqueID field set to unique value for each instance (if it is not so you might get strange results)?

Judging from the code, all is correct and so far haven't found any error that could cause the redrawing

Hi mladen,

Could using it on offline charts cause erratic behaviour?

bernards:
Hi mladen, Could using it on offline charts cause erratic behaviour?

bernards

Yes it could.

I was testing it on regular charts, and all is as it should be. Offline charts are yet another story in metatrader 4 and often we have problems that are originating from those offline charts and how terminal handles them. I told multiple time that when the number of generated bars in the offline chart becomes same or greater than the max bars on chart, offline charts start to behave unpredictably (usually what happens to me in those cases is that current bar is nit refreshed as it should but in step - you see sudden "jumps" in indicator values even though they should have been refreshed long time ago - it happens with almost all custom indicators)

My guess is that they were so paranoid in releasing the data format that it is causing the problems. For example, in offline charts, there is no way to set when was it last updated (in the hst file) since it simply does not accept that. And there are 13 fields that they claim are "unused" while I guess that they simply did not want to tell us what are those used for.

All in all, the usual story : we are kept in a dark with offline charts creation and handling and that is causing a lot of problems

PS: all this mightt be the cause for a total lack of offline charts in metatrader 5 (and they do not plan to enable offline charts in metatrader 5 ever). My guess : they know about the problems we are having with their offline charts handling and they were not able to solve them

Reason: