TEXT Writer Indicator - page 2

Adding Text To Metatrader

Does anyone know how blocks of text (or pictures) can be added to a chart in Metatrader ?

The usual way only allows 1 line of text at a time.

Is there an indicator or script that can do this ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi CJA,

Do you think you can put a code/s to repeat the same information initially typed to appear the future trading days?

Thanks in advance mate.

Cheers.

cja:
Hi

You could always use the Text or insert Text functions that come standard on the MT4 platforms however i have made a simple TEXT indicator which lets the User place 1 line of TEXT anywhere on the chart, if more lines are required simply load the indicator again with a new line of TEXT and set the position on the chart with the shift functions.

List of inputs

Text_to_Write = "Type message in here!";

TEXT_color = White;

Font_Size = 12;

Font = "Arial Bold";

Corner = 1;

Shift_UP_DN = 10; // Adjusts Signal Display Up & Down

Adjust_Side_to_side = 10; // Adjusts Signal Display from side to side

text_writer.ex4

radatats:
You may wish to try this one courtesy of The Rumpled One. Pretty straightforward. Lets you add multiple lines of text.

Hi, i was just searching something similar and google sent me here.

unfortunately this indicator seems not working anymore, or maybe i am not able to use it.

can anyone help ? tnx.

Use this one

If you want to use more than 1, set the UniqueID parameter to different value for each and every new instance, and that way you can place as much as you wish on a same chart (that way even templates work OK)

justanick:
Hi, i was just searching something similar and google sent me here.

unfortunately this indicator seems not working anymore, or maybe i am not able to use it.

can anyone help ? tnx.
Files:

Files:

Great Indicator

pj9100:
Thank you very much for suggesting this tool.

Yes, this does have advantage of having the facility of writting multiple lines of text.

Is there indicator which can do the job of drawing or painting on the chart as well? If yes, please give the code for that too.

Thank you again.

Great indicator. But the line content is limited.

The "Keep Rules", "TRO_Mynotes" and other indicators in MQL4 are useful, but consider a third party "donationware" option:

Stickies (I have no financial connection, but respect the work.)

This lets you add sticky notes (or pix) to MT4 chart screens.

Once it's installed, load MT4 and highlight the chart that you want to add notes to.

Add a sticky note: Ctrl-N from the desktop, or right-click the yellow icon in the taskbar.

Right-click the sticky note, select "On Top" then the "Attach" option.

On the popup window, check the box that says "Only if visible (not minimized)"

Then left-click on the MT4 program, from the popup window's list of programs running on your machine.

Select OK. - For more charts, rinse and repeat.

Note: The sticky attaches only to whatever timeframe is displaying at the moment. This is handy if you need a separate note for each timeframes. If you need the same note to display as you change timeframes, don't use the Attach feature. In that case, the Sticky program acts only as a general purpose text editor. I look mostly at daily charts, and drop to 4H and 1H for entries, so I attached a Sticky to the Daily chart of each pair, or possible add a detailed note to the 4H chart.

One quirk I've found is that you need to decide if the chart will run full-screen or as a re-sizable (smaller) window before you attach the sticky to the chart. I always run my chart windows in re-sizable state, across multiple monitors, and everything works great. If I happen to maximize the smaller window, however, then the sticky doesn't display again until I click the middle (re-size) button on the top right of the chart. (I'm guessing that the Sticky program senses the full screen / re-sizable status as part of attachment process.) This "feature" can be handy if you use one monitor: attach the sticky to the chart in re-sizable mode. When you want to work with a clean screen, just maximize the chart. To see the sticky again, click the chart's re-size button.

It's worth a look if you want full text editing capability, variable transparency etc. My setup: Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit on an Asus 4-core laptop with 4gB Ram. Three 1920x1200 monitors, one connected via VGA port and two via Startech USB2VGAE3 adapters. The Stickies version is v7.1e

Search tags, in case it helps anybody: Metatrader sticky notes, chart text notes, add Post-it to MT4 charts, add pictures to mt4 charts

Addendum to the above post: Tom Revell, who wrote the Stickies program, pointed out in an email that you can attach a sticky to all charts for a given pair:

When I open the Attach window, I see something like the following.

" 19170: MT4 ECN powered by ATC Brokers - Contest Account - GBPAUD,H4 "

This attaches the sticky to the H4 chart only.

To attach it to all the GPBAUD charts, simply substitute the wildcard character * for the " ,H4 " as follows:

" 19170: MT4 ECN powered by ATC Brokers - Contest Account - GBPAUD* "

Or if you want the sticky to display on all windows that start with 19170, edit the line to:

" 19170* "

Hope someone finds this useful. You can apply this trick to programs other than Metatrader as well.

radatats:
You may wish to try this one courtesy of The Rumpled One. Pretty straightforward. Lets you add multiple lines of text.

Great indicator, thanks for posting.

mt4 note
Reason: