Requests & Ideas - page 163

Hi, it is possible to have TickData Indicator in separate windows of the currency where it eas been attached?

Thank you

tick_data__v1.03.mq4

Files:

dasio

Tick data indicator is made as an indicator but it is not an indicator at all. It is preparing an offline history data file that then can be used by metatrader as an offline chart. If you would like to see tick data in some "regular" time frame chart, the problem is that tick data is not aligned to any time : a bar can take 1 second or it can take 1 hour on the same chart (it all depends on the speed of the ticks coming in) and it makes it impossible to align times of tick data to any regular time frame chart

So, don't think of it as of indicator but rather as of different way of collecting price data

dasio:
Hi, it is possible to have TickData Indicator in separate windows of the currency where it eas been attached?

Thank you

tick_data__v1.03.mq4

mladen:
dasio

Tick data indicator is made as an indicator but it is not an indicator at all. It is preparing an offline history data file that then can be used by metatrader as an offline chart. If you would like to see tick data in some "regular" time frame chart, the problem is that tick data is not aligned to any time : a bar can take 1 second or it can take 1 hour on the same chart (it all depends on the speed of the ticks coming in) and it makes it impossible to align times of tick data to any regular time frame chart

So, don't think of it as of indicator but rather as of different way of collecting price data

Thank you for your reply ^^

Tick data, when watched on a chart is tricky

We (men) are used to look at charts which are equidistant as far as the time part of the chart is concerned and when we look at the tick data, renko charts, constant range bars or similar we automatically keep assuming that each bar at those charts is taking same time to be built too. And that can lead us to some wrong conclusions (momentum can never be exactly estimated on renko for example). The same is with tick data : they simply can not be aligned to any time frame. I usually turn the volume display on tick charts on simply to keep them reminding me that it is a tick data with same "volume" for each bar and not a regular metatrader time series chart

dasio:
Thank you for your reply ^^

In the mean time it turned out that that indicator is an indicator developed a long time ago here at TSD by kalenzo (this is the post where he posted it originally : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general ) so here is a version in which you can choose among the usual 18 types of averages to do the job

ismael360:
Looking to have one built like the pictures posted here. That will visually show when it goes flat and when it's trending. Ish

mladen:
In the mean time it turned out that that indicator is an indicator developed a long time ago here at TSD by kalenzo (this is the post where he posted it originally : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general ) so here is a version in which you can choose among the usual 18 types of averages to do the job

Thanks Mladen. It looks great. I was wondering if you could add some alerts to it. When blue line breaks away from the flat red area upwards and one when it breaks downwards?

Thanks again Mladen.

Ish

Here you go :

Alerts when moving averages separate (you will get a message thar "squeeze mas separated, ma1 is above ma2" or "squeeze mas separated, ma1 is bellow ma2"

ismael360:
Thanks Mladen. It looks great. I was wondering if you could add some alerts to it. When blue line breaks away from the flat red area upwards and one when it breaks downwards?

Thanks again Mladen.

Ish

hello mladen

I think this indicator attached below has a problem. it's repainting!!

at first time, this indi (MTF_4 TF XO_M30D1) was useful to check the trend direction so I was expecting a new possibility.

but after some days, I was so disappointed because it repainted.

nowadays I'm trying to looking foward to have alternative.

I really hope that there is an indicator which has function same as this indi to show uptrend / downtrend.

thanks in advance.

p.s. this indi (MTF_4 TF XO_M30D1) needs xo.mq4

p.s. I did NOT insert the angry face into title. please, forgive my mistake.

Files:

davidoh

You are right That mtf will repaint (it does not count correctly how many bars should it recalculate for a time frame). Will make a "regular" mtf that works as mtf should

davidoh:
I think this indicator attached below has a problem. it's repainting!!

at first time, this indi (MTF_4 TF XO_M30D1) was useful to check the trend direction so I was expecting a new possibility.

but after some days, I was so disappointed because it repainted.

nowadays I'm trying to looking foward to have alternative.

I really hope that there is an indicator which has function same as this indi to show uptrend / downtrend.

thanks in advance.

p.s. this indi (MTF_4 TF XO_M30D1) needs xo.mq4

p.s. I did NOT insert the angry face into title. please, forgive my mistake.

thank you for your rapid reply.

mladen:
davidoh You are right That mtf will repaint (it does not count correctly how many bars should it recalculate for a time frame). Will make a "regular" mtf that works as mtf should

do you have an alternative or suggestion to identify the trend direction(uptrend/downtrend)?

if you don't mind, let me advise me, please - i.e. concerned thread.

thanks in advance.