Requests & Ideas - page 154

dakiki:
Hi Mr Tools,

The max bars is set to 0 for the CURRENCY SLOPE STRENGTH indi, but I do have to set all symbols to 'true', right?...for it to work properly. It also slows down my platform very much, so much that I actually have to disable it for now...but I would love for you to find a way to make it ligther.

Thanks a lot again,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

On the last version i set the max bars to 350 and showOnlySymbolOnChart = true,got it on 7 pairs and lap top seems to be handling it. I agree we got something promising here gonna look closer at Mladen's fixes on that Complex Common indicator see if i can find anything to help.The chart is euraud there was a cross think it was Friday sometime, but didn't take it, very hard to be bullish on Eur nowadays.

Files:
css2.gif  35 kb

Hi Mr Tools,

Thing is I use mostly Renko charts on rather low pip settings...that's why the Currency Slope indi might have a hard time. Anyways, this thing looks solid, now its just got to be light too ...

Only question for now is why last Currency Slope indi you posted doesn't allow for HalfLength input?

Cheers and thanks a lot!

Daniel

mrtools:
Hi Daniel, On the last version i set the max bars to 350 and showOnlySymbolOnChart = true,got it on 7 pairs and lap top seems to be handling it. I agree we got something promising here gonna look closer at Mladen's fixes on that Complex Common indicator see if i can find anything to help.The chart is euraud there was a cross think it was Friday sometime, but didn't take it, very hard to be bullish on Eur nowadays.

dakiki:
Hi Mr Tools,

Thing is I use mostly Renko charts on rather low pip settings...that's why the Currency Slope indi might have a hard time. Anyways, this thing looks solid, now its just got to be light too ...

Only question for now is why last Currency Slope indi you posted doesn't allow for HalfLength input?

Cheers and thanks a lot!

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

For some reason the coder of the tma centered used 20 as a hard call in the indicator, so i changed it to half period,giving a user controlled feature but seems this is one of the main problems the indicator i posted is having.

brax64:
Hello Bill,

c'mon...you don't need to apologize!!! I suppose that 90% of us is still in debt with you for all the great stuff that you did for the community !!!

just another question about this indi... apart that it's a cpu hog (as you have already stated..) seems also that the colored background (that should be on if the difference between the two slopes is greater than the threshold value) did not update properly, see picture attached.

Something you may have a look at?

Let's go grab some pips here and there !!

Regards

Enrico

Hello Enrico,

very clear chart. Can you post the template with indicators?

Regards

Nod

hello mladen.

hello~

Let me have this function to this indicator.

There are 8 values in this indicator.

When comparing ∣R2∣ with ∣S2∣, it sometimes has an equal value, but almost has a different value.

So I want this way to display historical data.

First, comparing absolute value of R2 with absolute value of S2.

Second, when absolute value of R2 is bigger than absolute value of S2, and pivot value > 0 then line v8 will have blue color.

and , when absolute value of R2 is smaller than absolute value of S2, and pivot value < 0 then line v8 will have red color.

Finally, I want an alert function to alarm when line v8 change color.(when changed red to blue or changed blue to red)

After this work, line v8 will be likely to this indicator - "Hull variation" on attached picture below, and actually not on chart, but on pivot osc indicator at sub_window.

This picture just illustrates that "Hull variation" has 2 colors.

Thanks in advance.

Files:

davidoh

I am afraid I do not understand some parts of your post.

First : S2 is always less than R2 (it is the way it is calculated, so it can not be greater than R2)

Second : could you please explain how should the value of the line be calculated?

davidoh:
hello~

Let me have this function to this indicator.

There are 8 values in this indicator.

When comparing ∣R2∣ with ∣S2∣, it sometimes has an equal value, but almost has a different value.

So I want this way to display historical data.

First, comparing absolute value of R2 with absolute value of S2.

Second, when absolute value of R2 is bigger than absolute value of S2, and pivot value > 0 then line v8 will have blue color.

and , when absolute value of R2 is smaller than absolute value of S2, and pivot value < 0 then line v8 will have red color.

Finally, I want an alert function to alarm when line v8 change color.(when changed red to blue or changed blue to red)

After this work, line v8 will be likely to this indicator - "Hull variation" on attached picture below, and actually not on chart, but on pivot osc indicator at sub_window.

This picture just illustrates that "Hull variation" has 2 colors.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Mladen,

Would it be possible to have a threshold pip variable in this indicator that is triggered once price comes within the predefined range around the trendline? It would also be great if the alarm message says for which timeframe chart, not just symbol, alarm applies.

And if the whole thing is made to work on an offline chart, even better!

Not sure this is really an Advanced Elite issue, though

Have a great day,

Daniel

Files:

this is my answer.

mladen:
davidoh

I am afraid I do not understand some parts of your post.

First : S2 is always less than R2 (it is the way it is calculated, so it can not be greater than R2)

Second : could you please explain how should the value of the line be calculated?

Of course, R2 is always > 0 while S2 is < 0. However we compare absolute values of R2 and S2 for calculation. The following is additional explanation about V8 line.

Currently, V8 line is pale violet red in indicator. Sometimes R2 becomes bigger than S2 in absolute value. This is when we change V8 line to blue.

Also, S2 is bigger than R2 in absolute value, which is when we change V8 line to red.

We need ‘alert’ function that notifies us when the color is change to either blue or red.

In picture 2, R2 is 0.73259, S2 is -0.60074 and pivot is 0.06593.

R2 has the same absolute value compared to its original one, which is 0.73259. However S2 becomes 0.60074 in absolute value.

R2 is bigger than S2 in absolute value. We don’t have to convert the pivot value into absolute term, but only check whether it is above or below 0.

If R2 is bigger than S2 in absolute term with pivot value below 0, we indicate V8 line red.

If we look at the chart in long-term, there are cases when R2 becomes bigger than S2 and vice versa. We can follow the procedure list above to change the color of V8 line.

Files:
picture_2.png  193 kb

Brax64 template

nodp53:
Hello Enrico,

very clear chart. Can you post the template with indicators?

Regards

Nod

Nodp53 kindly request this template and so I'm publishing here for anybody might like it...

In the zip file you'll find all the necessary to replicate my template; few notes:

• unzip and install in your windows/font folder the "Anonymous" font (is a fixed width font that I use in several indicators included in this template)
  • the CSS v1.0.5 indicator (Currency Slope Strenght kindly supplied by MrTools), is a cpu hog; I strongly suggest to use max bar parameter set at 500 max; MrTools is still looking on it if will be possible make it "cpu friendly"; I did some fix here and there but still need to be "tweaked" a bit!! Secondly you need to keep in mind that it's core is the TMA centered, so it recalculate (it's smoothed by ATR so the effect is reduced but still does) I strongly advice you DO NOT use in signaling mode and DO NOt use on time frames below 1H.
  • All the others indicators are easy to understand; I use this template to trade off supports and resistances, so I can't tell you "fixed rules" on how to use it...

As this is part of the advanced elite section, will be really appreciated if you guys do not share with all the world this stuff... Thank you for your cooperation!!

If any doubt or questions feel free to drop me a line

Kindest Regards

Files:

brax64:
Nodp53 kindly request this template and so I'm publishing here for anybody might like it...

In the zip file you'll find all the necessary to replicate my template; few notes:

• unzip and install in your windows/font folder the "Anonymous" font (is a fixed width font that I use in several indicators included in this template)
  • the CSS v1.0.5 indicator (Currency Slope Strenght kindly supplied by MrTools), is a cpu hog; I strongly suggest to use max bar parameter set at 500 max; MrTools is still looking on it if will be possible make it "cpu friendly"; I did some fix here and there but still need to be "tweaked" a bit!! Secondly you need to keep in mind that it's core is the TMA centered, so it recalculate (it's smoothed by ATR so the effect is reduced but still does) I strongly advice you DO NOT use in signaling mode and DO NOt use on time frames below 1H.
  • All the others indicators are easy to understand; I use this template to trade off supports and resistances, so I can't tell you "fixed rules" on how to use it...

As this is part of the advanced elite section, will be really appreciated if you guys do not share with all the world this stuff... Thank you for your cooperation!!

If any doubt or questions feel free to drop me a line

Kindest Regards

Hallo Enrico,

Thank you very much for your help. Should it be possible to post this one ? its orange at the picture at the upper left corner.

thank you in advance.

Nod

Files:
strength1.gif  615 kb
Reason: