Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 55

hey Masps!

masps:
Which script version are you using? Anyway you have to be careful while running the script on metatrader. Once you attach it to the 1min chart don't touch that chart at all, don't close it or close metatrader because the script will stop working and you'll have to attach it again and if you forget to do it you will see that your offline chart won't get updated. I am telling you because it happenned to me, sometimes I forgot and closed the chart or the platform by mistake and my charts stop working.

If the script is still attached and still not working, remove it. Close all your open charts, go to tools/options/charts and put in both max. bars box 9999999999999. Close your platform and restart it again. Open 1min chart and roll back in history to the max. you can go. Then attach script again and see.

There isn't any automated system for this yet, just trading manually.

Tried to send you a private msg as I see you are online, can you answer me one question, once the 2 minute offline chart is up...is that the one you trade with???, if so, how is this possible in offline mode???

Hi

masps:
In metatrader both scripts and indicators have extentions .mq4, but scripts goes in the script folder and indicators goes in the indicators folder. The .tpl extention is for templates and the file goes in the templates folder. So renko_ashi.tpl goes in template folder and Renkoashi_script.mq4 goes in the script folder. You also need to download the other indicators he posted and place them in the indicators folder. I hope this help. No, I don' know matrix.

HI MASPS,

I've tried to follow the indication from Mr.Nims for the set up , i put the renko_script in script folder , the renko.tpl in templete folder and also in indicator is that right ? i ve opened connection off line and one is still open in on-line and after i put renko script in the chart off-line and after display an pop up advized to me to start the records , i ve click ok and after i ve recognised that the renko.tlp there isn't on the my bar navigation .

there is something that i ve missed because i ve followed the debscription by Mr.Nims but nothing happen on the chart (off line and also on line) i don't know what's chart i need to see on line or off-line to see the renko box ? ,

i ve put all indicators pipsprice 10, 20,25 pips in indicator folder and also renko multi-box but doesn't load in my chart.

can u tell me please if there is something wrong or that i've missed something on the set up ?

thanks ,

David.

open and close for new signals?

generousforex:
Open a 1 minute chart of the pair you want to use, ie EurUsd

attach renko script to the chart. This will create a new 2M offline

chart in your mt4.

Close your 1min chart and then re-open and attach the

renko script, this time as an ea. You dont HAVE to do this

step, I just recommend it..it has provided for much smoother

renko script performance. All you have to do is have your

renko script in your ea folder (indicators root folder) and the

script folder. Add it as a script first...then close the chart,

re=open and add it to the chart as though its an ea.

Either way when you attach the renko script you set the pip size

5 10 20 100, etc.. we are setting it at 10 for most pairs.

Leave the 1 min chart open always and then go to file

and open offline and select the pair you just created the 2 min

chart on, then you can load the template on that 2 Min chart.

Hope it helps..

GF

So do I understand this correctly, you have to keep opening and closing the 2 minute off line chart to get up to date signals???

generousforex:
You closed your 1 min chart once your renko 2m was up..

you have to keep your 1 min chart with the renko script on it up

for all the time you want the 2M chart to work.

GF

Thanks, very important point, I will try this too and see if this is why mine won't update as well

usdivers:
Tried to send you a private msg as I see you are online, can you answer me one question, once the 2 minute offline chart is up...is that the one you trade with???, if so, how is this possible in offline mode???

Hi, yes, you trade from the 2min offline chart. It will get updated as a live chart from the script you placed on the 1min chart, but you need to keep this 1 min chart open all the time if not the 2min offline will stop working. That means you will need to charts, one live and one offline for every pair you want to trade.

dados77:
HI MASPS,

I've tried to follow the indication from Mr.Nims for the set up , i put the renko_script in script folder , the renko.tpl in templete folder and also in indicator is that right ? i ve opened connection off line and one is still open in on-line and after i put renko script in the chart off-line and after display an pop up advized to me to start the records , i ve click ok and after i ve recognised that the renko.tlp there isn't on the my bar navigation .

there is something that i ve missed because i ve followed the debscription by Mr.Nims but nothing happen on the chart (off line and also on line) i don't know what's chart i need to see on line or off-line to see the renko box ? ,

i ve put all indicators pipsprice 10, 20,25 pips in indicator folder and also renko multi-box but doesn't load in my chart.

can u tell me please if there is something wrong or that i've missed something on the set up ?

thanks ,

David.

Hi David, you need to put the indicators in the expert/indicators folder not in the script folder. And the renko template goes in your broker platform folder/templates. Then open a 1min chart and attach the renko script to that chart. Leave the 1min chart open all the time, don't close it, and then open the offline chart you selected when you attached the script. Lest's say you selected 2min offline chart, you will see the renko bars in this chart and you trade based on this chart also, that even though it is an offline chart, it will get updated by the script you placed on the 1min chart. But remember, don't close the 1min chart because the offline chart will stop working.

The pipsprice 10, 20, 25 etc. all these are scripts, no indicators and go in the expert/script folder.

Now if you can not see the template it is probabley because you place it in the wrong folder, it is a bit confusing becuase metatrader has 2 different template folders, one in your broker platform folder and another one inside the expert folder. Place it in your broker platform/templates not in the expert/templates folder.

I hope this help.

cheers

masps:
Hi, yes, you trade from the 2min offline chart. It will get updated as a live chart from the script you placed on the 1min chart, but you need to keep this 1 min chart open all the time if not the 2min offline will stop working. That means you will need to charts, one live and one offline for every pair you want to trade.

Thanks for that. I will see how I will go on the open.

renko

Am sure there is a way to profit from renko however we need to find were we have the most momentum so we can use half a stop loss which is only a 1 box in size rather than 2. Some trades will loose if they dawdle below the 1 box stop but with a 1:2 ratio this isnt a problem, however entrys must be picked at momentum areas. Maybe were major support/resistance lines are broken?

Anyone else share my thoughts on this?

Regards

bh4v1k

HAPPY PIPS!

Hi folks,

Couple of things, here goes:

1. Could Lordsfxt possibly post charts of his trades?

If any of the systems proposed here so far were automated, for example the Heikein-Ashi which on Renko is essentially the same as a moving average, or the fractal idea, they'll most likely be no more or less reliable than the first efforts at defining the system in strict rules.

The thing that gives lordsfxt his results is not different indicators, it's his discretionary exits, so I really would love to learn more abut those and that means seeing charts. Thanks .

2. Also any way to get 2 different Renko charts showing at once? If I open two offline 1M charts and two online 1M charts with different renko scripts, the same renko bars show in both renko charts.

I'd like to have 5 and 10 bar charts and use the 10 bar as filter,

Thanks,

Jeremy

Multiple size renko

There are scripts, ie indicators that will show different size renko

on your one chart, you can look for those on these forums

or the standard way is use 2 M offline charts for 1 size renko

3 min could be another size 4 min another size... you have to

use a different minute chart for different renko so the

script can operate successfully.

GF

jeremymgp:
Hi folks,

Couple of things, here goes:

1. Could Lordsfxt possibly post charts of his trades?

If any of the systems proposed here so far were automated, for example the Heikein-Ashi which on Renko is essentially the same as a moving average, or the fractal idea, they'll most likely be no more or less reliable than the first efforts at defining the system in strict rules.

The thing that gives lordsfxt his results is not different indicators, it's his discretionary exits, so I really would love to learn more abut those and that means seeing charts. Thanks .

2. Also any way to get 2 different Renko charts showing at once? If I open two offline 1M charts and two online 1M charts with different renko scripts, the same renko bars show in both renko charts.

I'd like to have 5 and 10 bar charts and use the 10 bar as filter,

Thanks,

Jeremy
Reason: