Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 54

bh4v1k:
I am using the strategy tester aswel, tried it but its still showing the live price on the offline chart instead of the prices from the live test period. Any ideas on why this is?

Thanks in advance

bh4v1k

HAPPY PIPS!

You need to logout from your demo account to run any backtests.

masps:
ok. Just bring the 1 min chart, turn auto scroll off and press the home key on your computer keyboard to see if more data will download. My chart goes back to Oct. 8 not that far from yours and the script works fine. If after trying this still don't work, try reducing the amount of bars on the renko script setting. And if after all of this still don't work, try the renko scripts posted by Lordsfx to see if work with that one.

Thanks That seems to be working BUT check out the attached picture. The top is the 1m data, the middle is the 5 min Offline chart and the bottom is the standard 5 min chart. The indicator is the same on both 5 min charts. The Heiken Ashi (HA) Indicator is either not using the the Renko in the middle chart or the Ha is mirroring the Renko to a Tee in the bottom chart. Any thoughts this HA indicator is all over the forums.

About M5 data source

Dear All,

Can I use M5 Chart to make M10 Chart Offline/Renko?

Regards

sorry for got the attachment from above..

1 pip box

Can anybody here explain why if i use 1 pip box on the original renko script to an offline M2 chart, the indicators i used and the price action will start to deviate after awhile? Thx

plcapital:
Can anybody here explain why if i use 1 pip box on the original renko script to an offline M2 chart, the indicators i used and the price action will start to deviate after awhile? Thx

I've noticed this also. I'm suspecting its not a well written script...

lordsfxt:
The same thing as the 1st post on the topic, except that have modified the renko chart from 5pips to 10pips for lesser fakeout and apply them on eurusd,gbpusd,usdjpy & eurjpy. And change renko again from 5pip to 20pip on gbpjpy for lesser fakeout. Then i just wait the heiken alert and go in with 20-30 pip stoploss till i am happy of price action and profits Still made another 40pip long on eurjpy and gbpjpy, so my count is now 190pip + 40pip = 130pips for the day !! Still more to come on US session... keep eyes open for gbpusd

Hi Lordsfxt ,

How is your setting for 10pips renko chart? Thanks.

mr_nims:
Pair : EURUSD only (2 pip spread)

SL: 10pip + spread

TP: 10-20pip, trailing 10pip or breakeven at 10 pip for more.

To Setup chart please follow the steps :-

1. Close Metatrader

2. Copy the indicators to experts/indicators folder in metatrader

3. Copy the renkoashi script to experts/scripts folder in metatrader (Use the readme included for more detailed setup.)

4. Restart Metatrader

5. Open a eurusd 1min chart and scroll back until you have 1 month of history.

6. Apply the renko script on the 1minute chart. Settings default.

7. Open an offline chart of eurusd 2min chart.

8. Apply the template, Renko_ashi.tpl to the 2min chart.

The chart should look something like this.

Entry Rule : Wait for alarm signal from heiken ashi then check with LSMA window to make sure both match direction for entry.

Best of luck to all!

Mr Nims

I have been all through this thread, and understand everything, but when I go to open a 2 minute offline chart, I find it is not available to me on my platform??? Can someone help please???

little more help

lordsfxt:
I changed the renko from 5pip box to 10pip box for eurusd, gbpusd, eurjpy, usdjpy & change the box to 20pip box for gbpjpy, it works fantastic just these 5 pairs. I have made 190pip even today. great stuff

Ok I have finally figured out the 2 min chart, I have my charts up just like yours, one question....do you keep the 2 min offline chart up, and trade from that???...ie...offline it won't update realdata?? correct, or am I missing something???

lordsfxt, I have been following and reading this thread for a while and I would like to ask you if you could post your settings/templates that you think are the best for renko. There is alot of updated and unupdated information in this thread, so it is quite difficult to find out what is correct and what is not.

Thank you in advance.

Reason: