Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System. - page 59

1 pip box trading

Can anyone here help me to modify the renko script so i would be able to trade based on 1 pip box renko? currently, if i use the 1 pip on the 2 min offline chart, the indicators and the price action always start to deviate after awhile. thx.

plcapital:
Can anyone here help me to modify the renko script so i would be able to trade based on 1 pip box renko? currently, if i use the 1 pip on the 2 min offline chart, the indicators and the price action always start to deviate after awhile. thx.

plcapital, with which script did you noticed that? there were many posted.

5 block vs 10 block

I have been using mr nims 5 block as the default for my offline charts for eur, gbp, and eurjpy,

I see that 10 block is popular as well....why? are breakouts more readily seen, or are the charts more readable???

usdivers:
I have been using mr nims 5 block as the default for my offline charts for eur, gbp, and eurjpy, I see that 10 block is popular as well....why? are breakouts more readily seen, or are the charts more readable???

Hi usdivers, I started using 5 pips blocks but then I swith to 10 pips because just the gbp spread is 4, so it takes the formation of 1 block just to cover the spread. But for eur I usually use 5 pips blocks, I think it shows trends better. But some people said it is better with big sizes like 25, I assume because you make more money when the market trend but when the market becomes choppy you will lose more money too. So I don't think I will trade blocks bigger than 10. Besides I have noticed that charts with big renko blocks will not show you trends better than charts with smaller sizes, both charts will show the same, periods of trending market and periods of range market. So I think it just depends of the trader capital and style.

lordorly:
Hi,

After opening MT4, use the script renkopips with bricks of 10 pips and performed a backtest with my EA see results

Lordorly

Hi M8,

We all will be glad to test your EA.

Cheers

1 pip box trading

masps:
plcapital, with which script did you noticed that? there were many posted.

Thank you for replying MASPS. I use the very original renko script from the first posting. I attached it just to make sure. Do you know other renko script from this thread that can accommodate 1 pip box? TIA.

Files:

plcapital:
Thank you for replying MASPS. I use the very original renko script from the first posting. I attached it just to make sure. Do you know other renko script from this thread that can accommodate 1 pip box? TIA.

plcapital all the scripts posted in this thread can be adjusted in the settings to 1 pip but I don't really know how they will perform in the long term. But I can tell you that the version I am using is the renkolivechart expert version v3.2. I like it first because it doesn't repaint and second because it is an expert which is easier to use than the script. The script you have to remember do not close your chart or platform all the time because if not the offline chart will stop working but with the Ea there isn't that problem, if you need to close your platform when you restart everything will update automatically.

Try with that one and see how it goes.

renkolivechart

Hi MASPS. I coudnt find the renkolivechart expert version v3.2, only version 3.0. Would u mind posting it in here. Thx.

Reason: